“Loved this place!”

Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Ranked #111 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We just returned today from a family trip to Vegas for a basketball tournament (Fab 48). I wasn't looking forward to Vegas. I hate the crowds, the traffic, the card flippers on the strip, etc. My son's team stayed at another hotel/casino close to the strip, but, luckily, it was full when I tried to book a room for my husband and myself. My son had stayed at The Element last year for basketball and recommended we try it. We won't stay anywhere else for our future trips to Vegas!

This was a modern hotel with everything we needed. We didn't use the laundry or the exercise room this time, but are glad to know it is there. Our room was SO quiet, even though there were several basketball teams staying there also. It was away from the strip, but close enough that we could take a quick trip there if we wanted to. There are a lot of great eating places nearby, so we really didn't have to leave the area unless we wanted to.

The breakfast was awesome and not your typical continental breakfast that comes at a lot of hotels. The breakfast sandwiches and smoothies are great! We didn't take advantage of the "Refresh" at night, but others in our group said it was delicious.

The staff was outstanding (with the exception of one of the kitchen staff who yelled at my husband and me for standing in the wrong place in the breakfast area). The housekeeping staff were very friendly and looked very neat and professional. My room was clean and well-kept. This is a pet-friendly facility and although I love my dogs, I have always been a little wary of staying at one. Other than the well-behaved pets in the lobby, there was no way to know that people had their pets there.

Bottom line...I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family! Thanks Element!

Room Tip: Our room on the top floor eliminated the noise of people walking overhead.
Green Features: I love the "green" direction of this hotel. From the bodywash/shampoo in the shower, the recycle can under the desk, LED lightbulbs, etc. this hotel takes the green factor way beyond reusing towels and linens of other hotels.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Concord, California
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I wanted a place to stay in Vegas that was quiet and away from the crowds but with the strip and other attractions nearby. Since I had my own vehicle, getting to and from was not an issue. I chose the Element based upon Trip Advisor reviews. On my current road trip going on four weeks now, I have stayed at quite a few hotels and this one is by far the best of them all or any hotel I have ever stayed in for that matter. Of course, this assessment depends upon what you are looking for. If you want five star luxury in the middle of all the action, this isn't it. But for a modern well-equipped quiet place to stay with a host of amenities suitable for the business traveller, solo pleasure trips such as my own, or for families, this hotel gets an A plus.

All of the staff that I have encountered have been friendly and helpful. Check-in was easy. When I discovered I had been given an adjoining room, my request to be placed into a potentially quieter room without the adjoining door was quickly and pleasantly granted. The room that I was given on the top floor, a King suite with a queen hide-a-bed and kitchenette, was extremely quiet. I had no noise from adjoining rooms or from the outside except for thunder from the evening thunderstorms.

The bathroom is fantastic with a rainshower type walk-in shower with a "wand" for good pressure for rinsing off, Excellent lighting, plenty of room, towels, soap, etc. Towel racks and a hair dryer. Nice roomy counter and a great sink. All very nice.

The lighting in the room was all very good. The desk area had plenty of power outlets and connectivity options for the TV and for wired or wireless internet. Wireless speeds were good but the wired connection downloaded at a blazing 16 mbps which is the best I've encountered thus far at any hotel. Absolutely fantastic for streaming and working remotely at the office. I stayed for three nights and got a lot of work done while still enjoying a decent amount of recreational activity in Sin City.

The kitchenette is great with excellent lighting well thought-out amenities. There is a microwave, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, lots of counter and cabinet space, and a selection of dishes, plates, glassware, utensils, etc. far superior to other suites hotels with kitchenettes that I've stayed in. The pool was smallish but quite nice with a couple of cabanas and plenty of lounge chairs, etc. The lobby area is great and very comfortable. The area for the complimentary breakfast is roomy and the food selection was very good. Much better than other hotels I've experienced.

I really like the concept of this hotel, i.e., the "green aspect". My home is solar-powered and my car plugs into my home solar system, so I like being able to continue to reduce my carbon footprint by staying at a hotel such as the Element. The hybrid charging station in front of the hotel is cool, as is the free loaner bicycles for exploring the nearby trails. It is such a pleasure to stay in such a well thought-out hotel with environmental objectives in mind while providing outstanding comfort to guests at a fantastic rate.

If you don't mind staying on the outskirts of Vegas, this is a great hotel in a nice area with shopping and restaurants nearby. Downtown is a short drive away. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank southwest_traveller9
Crystal Lake, IL
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Would definitely stay here again. Very clean room. As with all Westin hotels beds are super comfortable. The hotel had taken time to put non-feather pillows in room. I always ask and this never happens. Room layout is a bit tight for family of four with 4 bags, but kitchen/ sofa set up is nice. I regularly stay at Aloft hotels same vibe but better for extended stay with kitchenette.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
We really appreciate your review, thank you for sharing. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our dedicated team is devoted to providing a personalized experience for each of our guests to create a very memorable stay and we look forward to providing you with that same experience during all future stays with us. Thanks again and take care!
Madison, al
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Traveling with our dog, we wanted to be near Vegas, but not IN Vegas, as we've been there several times already. Element was perfect! We had a two queen mini-suite for very good price.
Very comfy beds, nice kitchen area, great bathroom, sitting area looking out at the mountains. Free breakfast excellent, with choices for a healthy breakfast or for pigging out. Staff friendly and helpful. Recommend for singles, couples, families, and pets!

Room Tip: Talked to several others staying there. Apparently all rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay. We are pleased to hear our hotel met your expectations and was just what you were looking for. It’s great to hear our hotel amenities and features helped in creating a very memorable experience for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Las Vegas area.
Arizona
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

This gorgeous property is north of Vegas in a new Stepford-like community called Summerlin. The hotel is amazing, bright, modern, clean, and Eco friendly. The beds are soft and wonderful. I don't know if all the rooms come this way, but ours had pretty much an entire kitchen, fully equipped. The TV had a zillion channels. The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had for an "included" breakfast. Free Wall St Journal and USA Today. Great little workout room. Right across the street, there are a few restaurants you could walk to. I would stay here again in a heartbeat any time I wanted to be away from the strip.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear our modern hotel met your needs and you enjoyed our guest room features and amenities. All of our guest rooms feature a full kitchen, spacious work desk and large areas ideal for entertaining or unwinding. We look forward to seeing again on your next trip to Vegas. Take care!
Newport Beach
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We spent the previous night at a very disappointing hotel and were more than pleased to discover Element by Westin. The rooms are exactly as shown on their website. Very courteous staff and the accommodations resembled a one bedroom apartment with small kitchen. The shower was better than any 5 star hotel I have stayed at. We have family in Summerlin and this is the perfect place to stay, especially if you are traveling with children or a pet. We will be back.

Room Tip: If you are facing the freeway, make sure you are on an upper floor. We were on an upper floor so it...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank teinegirl
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. It’s wonderful to hear you had a very enjoyable stay with us and we could accommodate your needs well. Our team is dedicated to superior service and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area. Take care!
Rochester
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

modern, sleek, clean hotel with a fabulous breakfast offering. the room was like a small studio apartment furnished with a kitchen, large bathroom, l-shaped sofa, and desk. the room/bathroom was spotless, and the king-sized bed was cozy. this was the perfect spot (off the strip) to stay with so many family member's in town.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathryn B
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback, we always love hearing from our guests. We are delighted to hear you were pleased with your recent stay and that our accommodations fit your needs well. We hope that you and your family will choose to stay with us again in the future. Thanks again for sharing your review and take care!