When we went to Las Vegas this time, we wanted to stay somewhere off the strip, to see what the rest of Las Vegas was like. Our travel agent suggested this hotel. It's located about 20 minutes west of Las Vegas Blvd., so you need a car to get back and forth.
With a car, it's easy to get downtown--use Desert Inn Rd. DI will lead you directly to the Convention Center. Turn left when you get to Paradise Rd. and take the next right into the Convention Center (North wing) parking lot. Of course, Las Vegas has essentially a grid pattern of streets, with some interruptions, so it's hard to get lost.
The hotel setting is very quiet; it's in a newly developed area that is sparsely built, so if you are into running, it should be safe as long as you stay off the main roads. There is a fairly well-equipped exercise room. The pool is kind of small, but that area is good for sunning and relaxing.
The hotel itself is very modern. The decor is based on chrome and sharp edges. But, man, those beds are comfortable! It had an at least 4-inch-deep foam topper, and I was amazed at how well I slept on it. We got an efficiency room--in addition to the bed, it had a kitchen area (full-size refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, and dishes and utensils). There was a desk, a large size television, and an roomy L-shaped sofa area. Everything is extremely clean.
I found the desk staff very friendly and helpful. They happily gave us directions to various places and recommended restaurants. The only thing this hotel doesn't have is a full-service restaurant. However, the hotel offers a free breakfast bar. During the week there is fruit, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, coffee, etc. On the weekend, they add fresh eggs, sausages, potatoes. It was very tasty.
I was very pleased with this hotel for our convention trip, and would stay there again the next time we go to Las Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Element Las Vegas Summerlin is just 15 minutes from the thrills and casinos of the Las Vegas strip and strives to keep guests feeling fresh, focused and at their best for work or play. 15 Minutes from Red Rock National Park and 5 minutes from downtown Summerlin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Element Las Vegas Summerlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Element By Westin Las Vegas Summerlin Hotel Las Vegas
- Element Las Vegas Summerlin