“All This and They Take Pets, Too!!!”

Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Ranked #97 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
michigan
“All This and They Take Pets, Too!!!”
Reviewed 28 October 2010

While in Vegas for an overnight, we were looking for a pet friendly hotel and happened upon this beautiful place. It's very chic and modern, and very eco friendly. Our room had a computer station, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, toaster, dishes for 2 and even a cork screw. The bed was heavenly with a fluffy duvet. Breakfast was ample with burritos, danish, coffee etc. Even a gas grill outside for long-term guests. The place is in an upscale area of Summerlin and very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chasandy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Element is a lovely hotel with all the flavor of a Westin, but all the added amenities of a mid-brand property. The breakfast was one of the better I've had at a mid brand location, with a good mix between traditional hot breakfast items and healthier items, and fantastic coffee! The living room concept is great - doesn't feel cheap or crowded at breakfast like some other properties, and you can even take your breakfast out in the "back yard" and dine al fresco.

Speaking of the back yard, there is a grill and prep facility that is open for guests to grill out, and while the pool is small, it is very nicely appointed. The decor throughout the hotel is comfortable and welcoming, yet elegant in a minimalist, modern style. The hotel is a new-build that obviously takes it's LEED rating seriously, and I definitely appreciated the sustainable features such as low water and electricity use. Definitely felt the low environmental footprint here. The bathroom was fantastic, and perhaps the best low-water shower I've ever used - I wanted to move into it! If you have the option to rent a hybrid car, you get priority parking, too!

The welcome letter from the General Manager in the room pointing out the features of the hotel was informal and bursting with personality, and the staff we encountered during our stay were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Scottas66
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 October 2010

From start to finish an absolutely amazing stay; we even cancelled our high rise on the Strip to stay here one last night.

The design just wows - interior and exterior finishes are incredible, the hotel layout is slightly nontraditional for a hotel (and makes much more sense), and the design elements are creative and refreshing. I appreciated every detail: rocks and bamboo in the common areas, sunken living room areas with sectional sofas, beautifully designed pool and cabanas, fitness gym, grilling area, exterior landscaping, etc., everything was so well-thought out. Staff was all-around fantastic, professional, cheerful, and helpful.

Rooms are very comfortable, quiet and well-designed with a compact functional kitchen area and an amazing bed. Shower in bathroom is fabulous (although tilting the hand held and setting to your height works much better than the overhead rain shower) and there were no wasteful plastic toiletry bottles (integrated into shower instead). View out the back onto the pool and to the mountains was very pleasant.

Absolutely one of the best hotel breakfasts ever and served/presented exceptionally well. Hallelujah, no ridiculous waffle maker. Fabulous fruit smoothie shots. And the coffee, this is serious coffee, no messing around.

Very close to Red Rocks and about a 30 minute drive to the Strip down Flamingo. Convenient location right next to 215 and adjacent to the Summerlin neighborhood which offers lots of dining, shopping and activity options.

Highly recommend Elements. It just made our trip. Cannot wait to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Tachiebluebird
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 October 2010

loved this hotel, the bed was heavenly, it was great to just unwind from the busy world and just relax and have a great energizing vacation. love the bed and th erooms were clean and great.

Schagen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 October 2010

If you want to visit Las Vegas,and you have a rental car,this hotel is the absolute number one!
The car is necessary because of it's location,summerlin.
A lovely area only a fifteen minute drive from the strip.
This means that at night it's quiet and the Heavenly beds will make sure you'll have the best night rest you have ever had!
Hotel staff couldn't be nicer and genuinely interested and hard working to make your stay something you won't forget.
Breakfast is great with a variety of stuff to choose from.
There is also a great outdoor pool and a 24 hour fitness room with brand new equipment.Complementary wifi was also very fast with a steady signal throughout the entire hotel.
We have stayed in other hotels in Vegas but this is by far the best!

West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 7 September 2010

A family function in Vegas. My brother booked on hotwire and this is the hotel he ended up getting. So my parents and I decided to stay at the same hotel. Good AAA rates. My wife and I booked a studio suite.

Checking in was simple enough. There is even a kiosk at which you can check in if you have the credit card you paid with. I wanted to confirm we weren't on the highway side of the hotel so I checked in with the staff. The guy seemed somewhat new or in training. He did a fine job but didn't confirm the rate, so I went back later as I was bringing my bags in to double check.

The whole place is very unique. Four floors, two wings. One wing perpendicular to Hwy 215, the other parallel. The lobby has an open air look, and some fresh herbal kind of smell. Furniture is contemporary retro. Like those chic 50s/60s movies, simple geometric shapes. Subtle grays, whites, and muted greens. Very unique.

The elevator was broken on floor four you had to use the service entrance to the elevator. We were on third floor, room 312. A studio king. Great to have the kitchen. Full size fridge, toaster, little sink, dishwasher, dishes, utensils, a sauce pan and sautee pan, 2 burner stove (no oven.) A safe I could fit our laptop into. No dresser, just shelves in a few places and a closet to hang your clothes. A functional desk for the laptop.

I couldn't find a wired internet connection, but wireless was snappy (Did speedtest.net @ ~5 Mbit/s upload and download) and pretty much just worked when I found the unsecured network named "element" and connected.

There is a "media cube" that you can connect RCA Video/Audio, 3.5mm phone jack, and/or RGB cable into, as well as HDMI. The TV just pipes in the audio video if you plug it in. We watched some Netflix watch now from our laptop without a hitch. The room has a DVD player so you can rent or bring DVDs or pay-per-view (though you'd be insane at 15.99 per movie for PPV!) There was a printed note on the "media box" that said they had cables at the front desk. We called about an audio cable and they said, "Sorry, we don't have any cables" - and they even seemed a little surprised. That wasn't good. It's okay that they don't have them - if they don't have official papers saying they do!

We didn't use the pool but my brother and kids did. Despite the welcome sheet saying, "our pool is 85 degrees year round", it was NOT 85 degrees. In the hot weather, they had decided to turn off the heater, I think - because my brother and kids didn't use it for long. Also has a strange 6" deep section that is like a 1/3rd of the pool, and it goes to about 4.5' deep at the deepest where it isn't the 6" shelf.

My wife made oatmeal on the stove with the saucepan, used their utensils, all purpose measuring cup, and dishwasher, worked like we were at home.

Place has a nice big couch, wraps around the corner of the room with a sofa sleeper. The bed was marvelous. No cotton blankets which is what my wife and I prefer- only feather/polyester comforters, my wife was allergic to the comforter but they did bring us up a wool blanket when we called and asked.

Bathroom was great. Good lighting, big mirror, a low counter with unique sink that sat on top. Rain-style shower with a separate sprayer on a hose. Only thing some might not like is that it is shower only and/or that the shower is clear glass floor to ceiling. So if you have a teenager that wants to shower without being seen, you must give them the whole bathroom.

A/C unit didn't work quite right. Seemed to blow forever and never say it was colder but froze us. Couldn't figure out what was wrong, but we had to just turn it up/down depending on how we felt, just couldn't set it. The thermostat in my parents' room (a 1 bedroom, room 422) seemed to work fine.

Bedroom door in the 1 bedroom suites is a sliding door, it doesn't lock.

Most hotels have a booklet with detailed information on services and amenities. We looked all over for it when we showed up. They had little "official" scraps of paper around describing various things, and one letter size sheet with a sentence about each amenity. Quite the paltry documentation.

The breakfast was good on Sunday (hot eggs/sausage/pancakes, Cereals/pastries/juices/breads/yogurt/fruit) and okay on Monday (same cold stuff, but only hot things were a breakfast burrito). They did offer a healthy alternative to the burrito - one made with egg whites and no sausage.

SUMMARY:

Service - The minuses were for the only okay trained desk staff, no audio cable when they said they have cables, for saying the pool is 85 when it wasn't, seemed a little short staffed. Still haven't fixed the elevators (there is an earlier post about that)
Cleanliness - was impeccable.
Location - A little out of the way, but on 215 for good access to west Vegas area.
Value - With out AAA rate, the value was excellent. All annoyances were pretty minor, and for the price, easily overlooked.
Rooms - There were a few quirks (blankets, A/C), and the contemporary angular furniture isn't the most comfortable, but the beds are great
Sleep Quality - Excellent

I would recommend. We will likely come back if in the area again.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I was going to be in Las Vegas 1 day before my friend, so I decided to try the Element brand as I had not stayed in one and am a Platinum member of Starwood Preferred Guest. I read the reviews on this site and was a little excited to see the hotel and the concept.

When I arrived, the guy who checked me in was pleasant enough, but he did not acknowledge me as a Platinum member, nor did he offer the Platinum amenity. I also kind of thought I might be given an upgraded room since the parking lot was less than half full. No such luck. With that said, I was nothing but pleased with the room, and would happily stay there again if I had to spend time in the area alone. I loved having a kitchen and full refrigerator. I loved the room, and those Heavenly Beds.

The following morning one of the elevators was not working properly and several people were complaining that they were stuck on the elevator for a few minutes. When myself and another guest complained to the front desk, we were told that the elevator repair company had been notified and that it would be fixed. I guess I expected them to shut down that elevator while waiting on a repairman, but no such luck. I hope no one else got stuck, but I'm afraid they did. Other than that, I had a great stay at the Element in Summerlin, and even won a few hundred dollars on a slot machine the next exit up 215 at Red Rock Casino.

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo