Let me start by saying that I've been gong to Vegas since I was 14 yrs old. We used to stay at the Flamingo Hilton when it was in its heyday. Recently our stays had been at the Bellagio, the Venetian, and Paris. That being said, we booked this hotel because we had our timeshare points to use up and it was our sons spring break. I wasn't sure what to expect, not being on the Strip. We had a 2bdrm Signature Series room. It was wonderful! Everything was new and VERY clean! Our son especially liked the tv in the shower! Ah yes, ESPN as you get ready for the day was his perfect way to start the day. The kitchen was stocked well with dishes and cooking utensils. All of the electronics were new and very nice. The staff is fabulous! We called for housekeeping to bring us a couple of things, they were fast and friendly!! Ashley, the concierge for the signature series rooms, was SO helpful to us with our show choices, booked tickets for "O", and she was there to greet us when we arrived. Thank you Ashley! We were asked to sit in on a 2 hr presentation of the property, but there was no pressure at all... we didn't do it because of time restrictions, but if you have the time, $400 tickets can be bought for $100 to other Vegas shows as your reward. Now, as for being off the Strip. The walk to the Venetian is very fast and easy!! If you like to walk, you can go anywhere easily. If you prefer, there are a wide variety of shuttles and hotels that they go to. You can go to the Venetian, Ballys, or the Tropicana on a shuttle, it makes things VERY easy. On our last day we decided to look around the resort a bit more. It was so peaceful! Almost felt like we were in Florida, not Vegas. If it was warmer, we would have enjoyed a day by one of the pools. The pools are small, but very cosy. Honestly, I felt guilty not staying on the Strip for our son to have the "awesome view" and experience of staying at one of the large hotels, BUT this was wonderful as well! I will say that we stayed in building #3, right up front. It was very convenient because my mother was with us. The third floor was a quiet place to be with a nice view of the new ferris wheel. My ONLY complaint would be that this is the location where the trucks unload, starting at about 6am. I am a very light sleeper and this woke me up every morning! It is loud in comparison to the buildings at the back of the property. So, it's your choice, convenience, or quiet. Both are good. I have a bad back and the mattresses were very comfortable. A little soft for me, but I like to sleep on the floor, so that doesn't say much. The rest of the family slept like babies! Great for a couple, great for a family, we had a wonderful stay. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only one block from the famous Las Vegas Strip, Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) at Desert Club Resort offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy a quiet oasis with non-stop excitement close by in one of the most exciting entertainment destinations in the world. From world-class performers and live shows to incredible dining and casino action, nothing beats like the heart of Vegas-and you'll be right in the middle of it! The resort features villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. Many amenities have been refurbished or added to enhance your stay experience. This includes a newly expanded poolside restaurant and bar, state-of-the-art clubhouse, large Marketplace store, two fitness centers and family activity center. You'll also enjoy five heated outdoor pools open from 6am until midnight, plus putting green and shuffleboard courts and outdoor grilling stations with shaded seating areas. Guests enjoy complimentary shuttle services around the large property and to stops at some of the largest casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, which is located only one block from the resort. It includes a stop at the Freemont Street Experience, one of the most popular outdoor attractions in downtown Vegas. Experience world-class live entertainment from top performers such as Celine Dionne and Rod Stewart, shows like Cirque Du Solei's Beatles LOVE and O, incredible restaurants from top chefs and incredible night clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Club Hotel Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort Las Vegas