This was the perfect place for us. I have two teenage boys. We got the two bedroom suite so they had their own room to mess up. Both rooms had king beds so plenty of room for both of us. We got a newly renovated room it was absolutely gorgeous!! The master bedroom had its own bathroom so two bathrooms for four people worked out great. I loved having my coffee on the balcony overlooking the highroller ferris wheel. And at happy hour before dinner, drinks on the balcony was so nice. Great sunset view from my room. We were on the third floor which offered great view but it was a bit walking up and down the stairs especially at the end of the day. Something to consider. But I did not want a main floor room as the air conditioning units are located right beside the first floor balconies. I can't stand the sound of air conditioners running. It was worth the few extra steps to make it up to the third-floor
Lots of space for family so we don't kill each other. We can no longer stay in regular hotel rooms and require two separate rooms. A real bonus to have full kitchen facilities plus laundry facilities. Stocked up on this basic necessities like milk cereal toast eggs so morning breakfasts were cheap and easy to prepare. The prices and the little market on site were a bit higher but saved us having to get to a grocery store so we appreciated the convenience. Lots to choose from: vegetables, fruit, etc. they pretty much had everything including liquor. Then we were able to head off on our days adventures. I found the shuttle bus service excellent. One tip is to make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time as it can fill up. Especially during peak times like between 11 and 1 p.m. Go up to the bellhop and ask for a ticket which happens to be a playing card to ensure your spot on the bus. For the pick up locations around town to get back to resort, we waited about 10 extra minutes so don't expect them to be exactly on time when picking you up because of traffic delays etc. Traffic is a bit heavy at times around the resort because you were so close to the strip. Literally one block away and you're at the flamingo and the linq. It really felt like a resort at this property with many pools and hot tubs to choose from. After a long day of walking on the strip the shuttlebus driver drop this right off at our building which saved us a few steps. I also like that the pools are open 24 hours so we could have a hot tub to soak our aching muscles and feet.
There were barbecues located at each unit and I noticed a lot of families cooking up steaks, burgers and hotdogs for their families while the kids played in the pool. My boy said the pools were heated and a comfortable temperature.
The only downside is it is a timeshare property, we were offered a presentation and we would've received some coupons or discounts to shows but we declined. We were never bothered after that.
We really enjoyed our little piece of paradise just off the strip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only one block from the famous Las Vegas Strip, Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) at Desert Club Resort offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy a quiet oasis with non-stop excitement close by in one of the most exciting entertainment destinations in the world. From world-class performers and live shows to incredible dining and casino action, nothing beats like the heart of Vegas-and you'll be right in the middle of it! The resort features villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. Many amenities have been refurbished or added to enhance your stay experience. This includes a newly expanded poolside restaurant and bar, state-of-the-art clubhouse, large Marketplace store, two fitness centers and family activity center. You'll also enjoy five heated outdoor pools open from 6am until midnight, plus putting green and shuffleboard courts and outdoor grilling stations with shaded seating areas. Guests enjoy complimentary shuttle services around the large property and to stops at some of the largest casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, which is located only one block from the resort. It includes a stop at the Freemont Street Experience, one of the most popular outdoor attractions in downtown Vegas. Experience world-class live entertainment from top performers such as Celine Dionne and Rod Stewart, shows like Cirque Du Solei's Beatles LOVE and O, incredible restaurants from top chefs and incredible night clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Club Hotel Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort Las Vegas