“Hidden Gem in Las Vegas”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort
Ranked #38 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Beaumont
“Hidden Gem in Las Vegas”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here from July 20 to 25. It is a great place. Our one bedroom suite was very nice. Great first impression. We parked our car right outside our room which was fabulous. We didn't have air conditioning when we first entered our room but it was fixed while we were out for the evening. The hotel isn't on the strip but darn close. We didn't use our car the whole time we were there. Free shuttles to different areas of the strip. That was awesome. At the end of the evening, if the shuttle had time the driver would drop us off right at our room. That was great, especially at the end of the long day and evening of doing activities in the sweltering heat. We did have a bit of an ant problem in the bathroom but nothing that we couldn't live with. I thought the service was great. We booked all our shows and tours at the hotel which made life so easy since it was our 1st time in Vegas. Very hot when we were there. 112 degrees = 44.5 celcius. I chose this place through RCI and just paid the exchange fee but because we did not stay the whole week we were charged 45$ extra at hotel. I am ok with that because the exchange was around 78$. Pretty cheap to stay in Vegas as far as I am concerned. We never got a chance to use the pool areas because we were too busy exploring Vegas but they looked inviting. Enjoyable stay. If I had the chance I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had an older room but were quite satisfied. It faced the parking lot but we were gone all the ti...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank obviousk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glendale, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We arrived at 5:30 and was given a room that was filthy. The trash cans were full of old food and trash. There were no towels or toilet paper. The shower curtain and curtain rod were on the floor. We were guests and not time share owners. I would not consider buying here. Very disappointing service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

After 10 hours of driving we arrive, get checked in, walk up to our room and I see what looks to be a red house keeping bag of some sort laying in the walk way. It seems someone just left it there. I also notice how dirty the pavement was, worse than street sidewalks! We get to our door and there is trash, yes, trash blocking our entrance. A dirty used piece of soap, a half empty bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and lids and other things that I chose not to examine too closely. We move the items out of the way so we can unload the car and bring our stuff into the room.

We had a two bedroom villa. One of the things that I noticed right away, was the dirty upholstery. Especially the kitchen table chairs were filthy! The tub wasn't as clean as it could have been either. Overall disappointing first impression.

We had to go to a sales presentation, bright and early the next morning. It was supposed to be 2 hours and turned into 3.5. The final guy they brought out was full of southern charm until he realized his last ditch effort wasn't going to work and then he suddenly lost his charm. Also, I waited until I heard how much the HOA fee was going to be ($1200 annually) I let them know about all of the trash and dirty upholstery we found upon our arrival and that if I were an owner paying that much money, I would be raising heck! We were assured that they would "look into it". We never heard from anyone. Also, this time-share does NOT provide mid-week maid service for free. If you need something you have to pay for it! Ridiculous!

Here's the nit-picky list: Flat screen TV in living room faced the dining room so when you sat in the living room you were watching it from an angle. Dishwasher didn't clean the dishes when washed and was about to fall apar. Silverware, bowls, plates, etc. were arranged and put in cupboards that were inconvenient and didn't make any sense. The thermostat kept jumping to 85 degrees, it was 111 outside! I had to keep getting up in the middle of the night to adjust the thermostat because we were waking up in a sweat. The only real amenities this place offers is a pool and jacuzzi. I know they had a game room and workout room but for the $1200 HOA fee, I expect a whole lot more.

We were here with owner's and they were sorely disappointed in their stay and are looking to get out. Buyer's beware! Very disappointing for Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a brand new, remodeled villa. You might be happier.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kim D
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were not in the room 1 hour when we had mutiple little bugs crawling on the walls. When my wife called for help the staff's respinse was " your in Las Vegas so you get those here" We lived in LV for years and know that but we didnt have them in our home. Then, when someone came to help move the items from the room he was mad due to the fact my wife didnt have the items ready to be moved when he got there. I was away at work so I returned and we moved to a Hyatt where it was clean with great service.

Room Tip: Dont stay there!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank John7566
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have never had a worse experience at any hotel, resort, or accommodations in all of my years of vacationing. We were promised an upgraded villa, but that is far from what we received. As an IHG member, I was provided an offer for a 4 night, 5 day stay at the Desert Holiday Inn Resort in Las Vegas specifically for an upgraded, "brand new" villa, but we received nothing of the sort. The only upgrade were the televisions, and the one in the living-room didn't work properly as it often froze, and the pixels were distorted. We had many issues after our arrival and initial disappointment of the quality of the villa. First, our internet was basically non existent. We would sign in using the required pass-code and we would promptly be kicked off, and unable to sign in again. We were unable to use the internet at all during our 4 days. Another major issue was the air conditioning; it shut off on it's own (one afternoon we came back in and it was over 80 degrees), it would change temperature settings without us touching the thermostat (it dropped down to 60 degrees one night when it was set for 74 before we went to bed), and the up/down buttons wouldn't change the settings at all sometimes. The first morning we were there the hair dryer literally started to smoke and turned red right after I turned it on. I quickly shut it off for fear of fire! We called the front desk and a maintenance man came to fix it within a 1/2 hour, but I was astonished that there would be such a low quality appliance provided to guests. The door separating the toilet from the shower/sink area had a broken lock, and the upper lock on our front door had screws literally falling out. There was no counter space in the bathroom at all! That was more than mildly frustrating. There were also no towel racks in the bathroom which made drying our towels very challenging. There was also no door or separation between the bathroom and the bedroom, so when I was up early to shower it woke my husband up. There were two useless electrical outlets under the t.v in the bedroom (who is going to charge their devices on the floor?), and the only other outlet in the bedroom was only on one side of the bed and didn't work. We plugged in our phones overnight and in the morning they were not charged at all. Our issues went beyond our villa though. The Marketplace was very overpriced, which was expected, but the food was stale. We purchased bagels with an expiration date 2 days away and when we opened it up they were hard and very stale. There were no walkways to our villa. We had to walk through the parking lot to get anywhere which was odd, but also a big nuisance, especially when we had to bring our own luggage to and from the clubhouse after check in and for check out. We used the free shuttle to the strip a couple of times, which was nice, but when we wanted to go to Freemont St. the shuttle to the street was at 7:15pm, but wouldn't return to pick us up until 4 hours later! We decided to skip going to Freemont St. altogether because we were not comfortable with being stuck in a place for 4 hours. I was very excited for this trip because I had never been to Las Vegas before, and my husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Most of the staff were kind, but when planning my trip I emailed the concierge a couple of times weeks before our stay and never received a reply. I used Vegas.com to book all of my activities and buy all of my tickets to shows because the concierge never responded to me. I must say however, that the pool areas were really nice and I liked that you had an activity center for kids (even though we didn't bring ours on this particular trip). The free shuttle to the strip was also great, as were the drivers. I really had high hopes for this trip, but instead of it being memorable for good reasons, I will never forget it because of the inconsistencies, the disappointments and our frustrations.

Room Tip: Book a villa as close to the clubhouse as possible because after walking the strip all day it is abs...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Virginia S
Claix, France
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Resort is nice, service is good but we had a very unpleasant experience with aggressive sales techniques at check in time for time sharing properties. After a 20 hrs trip we were proposed a vague presentation that would give us discount coupons but had to give a 30$ deposit, the next day when we understood what it was we cancelled but could not get our deposit back. Will avoid this kind of resort next time. ,

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Yves M
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was my first time staying at this resort and I was actually impressed. The service was great and the location was perfect. My only complaints were that the restaurant on property was over pricey and the the servers seen like they hated their lives besides that the food was really good so at least the cooks are good at their job. The room was very spacious and if called in an issue someone came in timely manner. I do wish they had a basketball court on property but they did have an activities center which was great for my whole family. The girls Kim, Stephanie, and Alex were fantastic. They were so full of energy and had a lot to offer. The only downside is I wish water aerobics was every day besides that I love they had that to do. I was very pleased with this resort.

• Stayed July 2014