We checked in on 7.31.14 around 10:45 pm with no problems. We stayed in building 5 on the 2nd floor. We are owners on a our first trip to this property after staying at others in Orlando and Myrtle Beach, SC.
It was a 2 BDR villa. We had slight views of the Hi Roller and Harrahs. It was nicely decorated with a solid kitchen complete with gas range, washer and dryer, and large dining room table. One bedroom was on the other side of the unit, which shared a hall bathroom. The master bedroom had a in-room bathroom complete with the largest shower/tub I have ever seen. It had a Calfornia-esque walk in closet with an in wall safe.
Those were all great surprises and consistent with the HICV brand. Our two mishaps were rather small but frustrating. We never got to use the shuttle system but we sure tried. We are early risers, and I believe the first ones depending on the location don't start until 10am. You are supposed to give 24 hours to be able to book the further destinations like Fremont and downtown (Who plans 24 hours in advance in Vegas?!) So we ended up having to taxi more than we would like. At one point we did find ourselves at the Bally looking for the 10:10pm shuttle. You have to pickup at the sports betting location which is all the way through Bally's on the retail level. I swore we were out the casino at 10:11pm with no signs of the shuttle. I called the HICV lobby and they told me they leave promptly on schedule. I just don't believe that was the case. They only run every hour which I can understand, but unfortunate to wait for such small windows.
The other one disappointment was that our in room dryer didn't work. I called maintenance and when they were quick to respond they acknowledged that it was a problem dryer! We eventually got them dry in another unit, but it wasn't ideal to deal with this after a late night.
Overall they are a great place, you can walk to the strip in about 8-9 minutes (0.6 miles exactly, following sidewalks to walking right under the High roller, through the Quad and hitting the Strip near Caesar's Palace) I loved the pools, gym, on site restaurants, and staff. If you are a HICV member you will be right at home. If you are looking for a good family place, don't hesitate you will enjoy yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only one block from the famous Las Vegas Strip, Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) at Desert Club Resort offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy a quiet oasis with non-stop excitement close by in one of the most exciting entertainment destinations in the world. From world-class performers and live shows to incredible dining and casino action, nothing beats like the heart of Vegas-and you'll be right in the middle of it! The resort features villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. Many amenities have been refurbished or added to enhance your stay experience. This includes a newly expanded poolside restaurant and bar, state-of-the-art clubhouse, large Marketplace store, two fitness centers and family activity center. You'll also enjoy five heated outdoor pools open from 6am until midnight, plus putting green and shuffleboard courts and outdoor grilling stations with shaded seating areas. Guests enjoy complimentary shuttle services around the large property and to stops at some of the largest casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, which is located only one block from the resort. It includes a stop at the Freemont Street Experience, one of the most popular outdoor attractions in downtown Vegas. Experience world-class live entertainment from top performers such as Celine Dionne and Rod Stewart, shows like Cirque Du Solei's Beatles LOVE and O, incredible restaurants from top chefs and incredible night clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, IHG, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Club Hotel Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort Las Vegas