At the entrance to the hotel, we were stopped by the parking lot attendant that made sure we are qualified to enter and that was reassuring security-wise. The front desk service was good in general.The check-in took a while and the receptionist was just ok. not more. They had an employee (sorry I can't remember his name) that gave us water when we stood in line, helped with orientation a couple of times and was very pleasant and welcoming. There was one night clerk who also was very professional yet nice :) - it was a rainy night and she snuck us through a shorter way. (again, can't remember the name, sorry)
The hotel is a few blocks from the strip, but for a minute, at 1AM, it didn't feel comfortable to stumble upon a drunk or two on the way to the hotel by foot. During the day the walk is nothing. The monorail doesn't stop close to the hotel even though it runs just near by. the hotel operates a shuttle to a few sites and that's quite convenient. The hotel room we had smelled from cigarettes, even though we were asked to sign that we won't do it. it's a general problem in Vegas I guess. The hotel's structure is something like 10 or 15 separate buildings. If you go in and out by foot, you might want to consider a building that's close to the main building. The restaurant for breakfast was quite nice and the order is from the menu with no buffet. The food prices were mid-range. Pool side nice with not many people yet is was nothing to write home about. I think they have a pool for every few buildings.
Last thing - there is NO casino and not even a slot machine all around the hotel. It is very good for a few reasons unless you came just to gamble. we found it *very pleasing* in such a noisy and gamble related City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only one block from the famous Las Vegas Strip, Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) at Desert Club Resort offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy a quiet oasis with non-stop excitement close by in one of the most exciting entertainment destinations in the world. From world-class performers and live shows to incredible dining and casino action, nothing beats like the heart of Vegas-and you'll be right in the middle of it! The resort features villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. Many amenities have been refurbished or added to enhance your stay experience. This includes a newly expanded poolside restaurant and bar, state-of-the-art clubhouse, large Marketplace store, two fitness centers and family activity center. You'll also enjoy five heated outdoor pools open from 6am until midnight, plus putting green and shuffleboard courts and outdoor grilling stations with shaded seating areas. Guests enjoy complimentary shuttle services around the large property and to stops at some of the largest casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, which is located only one block from the resort. It includes a stop at the Freemont Street Experience, one of the most popular outdoor attractions in downtown Vegas. Experience world-class live entertainment from top performers such as Celine Dionne and Rod Stewart, shows like Cirque Du Solei's Beatles LOVE and O, incredible restaurants from top chefs and incredible night clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotel.de, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Club Hotel Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort Las Vegas