“We would stay here again”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort
Ranked #34 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Albion, Michigan, United States
“We would stay here again”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The location of the resort was very convenient as it was close to the airport and close to the strip. We took almost every shuttle the resort has. The staff was polite and curtious. We stayed for one week with our family of four and had a great time

1 Thank Becky E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Danville, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I took my Mother for her 80th. Birthday to Las Vegas. We had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Club Vacation Resort. The villa was awesome and the decor was amazing. It was a great stay one block off of the strip. We generally stay in resorts that provide cooking utensils and this was one of the best !

Room Tip: We stayed in building 9 in one of the newly remodeled rooms. The decor was awesome
Reviewed 25 August 2014

MANAGEMENT has no idea how to handle CUSTOMERS, The front desk staff is all under trained and under staffed. They all know nothing of customer service at all. I have been with Holiday Inn AND I spend over 150 nights a year and also own in Orlando and in WI at Club Vacations. I was never greeted and because I was not there to buy or take a tour it made NO differents to them who or what I was. One café on the property and was under staffed everyday. They have an I don't care, Because of the Management and I know that because they treated me that way. The Golden Nugget gave me VIP, breakfast and drinks for a better price. I was Treated like VIP for the week.

Room Tip: Do not go here, Do not stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank roninarizona1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent two nights at the hotel and overall had a good time. The staff are very helpful and there is a complimentary shuttle which takes you to and from hotels on the strip. The pools are great and come with bbq facilities and the apartments are large and come with full kitchen facilities, dining and living areas. Check in was at 10am but they let us stay until 11am for free.

Note - there are no lift / elevator service so bear this is mind if you have a lot of luggage and pre-request a room on the ground floor.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deepa M
Toronto
Reviewed 23 August 2014

6 of us stayed for a week in a 2-bedroom unit. The location was excellent, close to the lobby and overlooking the pool. We were on the 3rd floor and there is NO elevator.

The rooms were old looking, but clean. There is no maid service. The air conditioning is very loud. We had to call for towels and toilet paper. We even had to take out our own garbage!

There was a shuttle that took us to different hotels and we used it quite a bit. It was very handy and punctual.

2 people from our party bought tickets from the concierge for Britney Spears and were given vouchers. Imagine their surprise to find out that the seats were not together. And the price they paid for them (not including the service charge) was more than at the box office. Don't buy tickets from the concierge. Go to the box office.

We had a good time, but I'm not sure if we would come back here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CanadianTraveller90
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booked two nights as I'm part of IHG Priority Club thought it would be similar to other regular Holliday Inn Hotels but is really designed for families that want to cook and the one cafe on the property is very ordinary and under staffed. I waited a long time to check in then my room changed to one at the back of the property some 800 yards to the lobby. Shuttle to the Strip was handy as it's a bit far to walk. Rooms are modelled in 80's style with dark wood, bathroom was very tired. Easily the worst hotel experience for sometime. Oh yes I avoided the timeshare sales.

Room Tip: Close to the lobby it is low rise property that is spread out over a wide area
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Swimsteve
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family have been owners of this club for years, even before it was acquired by Holiday Inn Club Vacation, and I have to say this place is going down the drain fast. We have the family tradition of going to Las Vegas around summer time to enjoy the city, and yes we love it that much. But I have to say our last stay was disastrous, and turned our vacation into a resort nightmare. To make long story short, they never came to clean our room, not even once like it was promised and after calling to schedule a cleaning. And to make matters worse, I even had to call in to have them bring us toilet paper and to have them pick up our trash. Lastly, I asked for a late checkout of an hour because i needed to feed my child and didn't wanted to be in much of a hurry and guess what it was denied because they didn't had anymore late checkout available. To make matters worse when we were about to go out the door, you know gathering those last minute trinkets that are left behind, this lady come knocking at our door pretty much kicking us out. What? Seriously! . Come on, I'm in a hotel and ON vacation. I seriously do not have to worry about such things but you guessed it I had to because they don't have the mind to provide quality customer service.

10 Thank Yessenia F