I was over in Las Vegas on my own for a friend's wedding and booked my hotel late. Bills Gambling Hall was great on Tuesday and Wednesday for $75 and $80 respectively but then they wanted $150 or so for the Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Because I was just on my own and didn't mind walking 10 mins to the strip I looked on trip advisor and opted for Summer Bay "Resort". Look, it's just a simple (big) room with a kitchen (unnecessary!!) and a good lounge (which I didn't use), a mega-size bath (I used the shower) and a washing machine & drier. All in all none of these features was necessary for me but at the end of the day it was a comfy bed and only a minor inconvenience to walk to the strip. It isn't a hotel, it's a timeshare place where they're renting rooms that they haven't sold. All in all, though, excellent value for $70. Don't stay there mid week or if you're booking early, you'll get way better value from strip hotels; but for a last minute booking it was excellent and I was really happy to save $250 for a tiny amount of inconvenience. It really is only 10 mins from Flamingos but a bit of a dodgy walk through wasteland so don't book this hotel if you're an all female group!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only one block from the famous Las Vegas Strip, Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) at Desert Club Resort offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy a quiet oasis with non-stop excitement close by in one of the most exciting entertainment destinations in the world. From world-class performers and live shows to incredible dining and casino action, nothing beats like the heart of Vegas-and you'll be right in the middle of it! The resort features villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. Many amenities have been refurbished or added to enhance your stay experience. This includes a newly expanded poolside restaurant and bar, state-of-the-art clubhouse, large Marketplace store, two fitness centers and family activity center. You'll also enjoy five heated outdoor pools open from 6am until midnight, plus putting green and shuffleboard courts and outdoor grilling stations with shaded seating areas. Guests enjoy complimentary shuttle services around the large property and to stops at some of the largest casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, which is located only one block from the resort. It includes a stop at the Freemont Street Experience, one of the most popular outdoor attractions in downtown Vegas. Experience world-class live entertainment from top performers such as Celine Dionne and Rod Stewart, shows like Cirque Du Solei's Beatles LOVE and O, incredible restaurants from top chefs and incredible night clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Club Hotel Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Desert Club Resort Las Vegas