“Beautiful Suite, Lovely Hotel”

Staybridge Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Suite, Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Following other TA reviews, booked this hotel & was happy I did. Had a 1 bedroom suite with balcony, Vegas Strip view. Room was stunning, very clean, bed super comfortable, kitchen, bath & living areas were really nice. Had never stayed in this hotel chain before & was pleasantly surprised at the high quality accommodations. In fact, liked it so much, booked again for our return through Vegas a week later! A huge plus for me, it was bedbug free & these days in Vegas that's a BIG deal. It's location is not convenient to the Strip or walking anywhere except the Mandalay (across the freeway) but it's near the airport and right off the Freeway, which is good for those just passing thru Vegas. Definitely a good hotel for extended business stays.

Room Tip: If not a member of Priority Club, join for free.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank travelsavant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Beautiful suites, nice pool, huge variety of complimentary breakfast choices, and nice exercise room for a hotel. No complaints about this hotel located about a mile from the Strip. CLEAN & classy!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oatgirl12
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We are currently staying here on vacation for 2 nights with our kids and we love it! We have a king suite and it is perfect for us. We love that it has a washer and dryer, beautiful kitchen and a big sofa sleeper. We also love the dinner in the evenings. But, I think it's only a few days during the week. The breakfast is good for a hotel chain. We also are glad that there isn't a casino here so it's calm and peaceful. Highly recommend this place. But, don't tell anyone so you can have the pool area all to yourself! :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BuyBuys
Gijon, Spain
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I just spent 6 weeks with my family there and we didn't want to leave. The suite has a large bedroom with direct access to the balcony. Bed is very comfortable. The living room is larger than the one in my own house with a large sofa which is also a double bed. There are two large LCD TVs, complete kitchen with even washing machine and dryer. Big tub and also a shower. Our room had views to the Strip and the highway but windows are soundproofed enough so noise it's not an issue. Besides, you could even go walking to Mandalay Bay so the Strip is really close. There is a shuttle service to the Strip and the airport though.
Complimentary breakfast is good and they serve also a "social hour" dinner from tuesdays to thursdays offering pizzas, burgers, sandwiches, etc depending on the day.
Great swimming pool including two hot water whirpools and quite well equipped gym.
If I had to complain about anything, it would be the Internet connection speed which is topped at 0,5Mbps which is not enough for streaming video or skype videocalls but, at least the rate is stable.
Without any doubt I'd come back again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rafa_friends
Western NY
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights before heading off to Zion & Bryce. There is a shuttle to the strip (it drops off/picks up @ MGM) but the shuttle's last trip is @ 10pm. You will need to grab a taxi after that. I would recommend getting a taxi from Mandalay Bay (the closest spot on the strip to the Staybridge) - it will run you about $10 (depending on what you tip). You could walk but it requires going over an expressway overpass & there is some construction going on in that area & the sidewalk is a bit broken up. It was VERY windy when we where there & the walk was not pleasant - hence the taxi ride the next night! The rooms were very clean, quiet, & spacious. The breakfast was fantastic with lots of choices for everyone - I really appreciated the fresh fruit, hot oatmeal, & yogurt. The staff was always very pleasant, professional, & helpful. I hope not to have to go back to Vegas again but if I do - I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sedonamoon
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I have to preface my review that I was in Las Vegas for work, not to play, and I'm not a gambler so having a casino is not only unimportant to me, but NOT having one is a bonus, as is not having to walk 10 minutes from my room in a Mega Hotel to the parking lot. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Mandalay Bay if you want to gamble or whatever. Someone told me this building was originally time share apartments, which would explain why it was nicer than a normal hotel. I took a point off for value because its somewhat expensive, but if you plan to use the kitchen, its worth it. Eating is not cheap in Vegas, contrary to popular belief.

Location: The surroundings are nothing exciting, just a few other hotels (Residence Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Courtyard), just the other side of the freeway from Mandalay Bay. Its on the southern end of the stip for those of you not familiar with Las Vegas.

Rooms: All rooms are suites, with full kitchen and very nice counters and appliances (microwave, fridge, dishwasher, cooktop) and full assortment of dishes and cookware. My room was a single room, but a colleague had a 2 room suite that also had a washer and dryer. Large (maybe 42"?) flat screen TV with lots of channels and 3 HBO channels. Very easy access to the 15 freeway. Not much in the way of restaurants in walking distance, but tons (of course) by car. Room was clean and in very good condition (not sure how old the hotel is, but I'd guess not very). Comfortable couch that I actually used.

Internet: Important to me for my work and it worked well. No complaints.

Bed: very comfortable with very nice sheets and comforter.

Bathroom: Great. Clean, nice counter top and cabinets, tile floors, large tub

Breakfast: Just continental, but good variety of items and generally good quality.

Fitness room: one of the better ones I've seen at a hotel. Bike, elliptical, 2 treadmills, free weights, TVs in most equipment and decent view while you're working out.

Service: No complaints at all, but I didn't use it too much. Free use of washer and dryer (need to provide your own soap).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank HiHoHiHoRDU
melbourne
Reviewed 29 April 2011

We stayed recently for 5 days. its a new hotel hence everything is new.
One of the best feature was the heated pool. We have stayed in a few hotels around the world including 5 star hotels. This pool was excellent, it beats most of the pools that we have seen.
A large clean pool with a large pool for kids and 2 (yes 2 ) spa's. The best part was that it was empty most of the time and we had the pool to ourselves.
The second best feature was in built washing machine and a dryer in the room "YES IN THE ROOM ". It had a full kitchen ( electric hotplate / oven / microwave/fridge/sink/granite bench top etc).
Clean rooms. good service. Good Bfast. Kitchen staff good and helpful front reception.
3 computers (internet)with printers helped a lot ( unfortunately one got stolen while we were staying) but it still had 2 computers so no need to wait for your turn.
It was away from the main strip which we knew and chose it due to the kids.
If you have kids or don't want to stay in the main strip then this is a good hotel. You have to have a car to stay in this place as its a on the other side of the highway I15.
But if you have come for the glamour and want to stay "where the action is" then this is not the place for you.
It also has a reasonable sized fitness centre.
David.