I'm a business traveler averaging 200+ nights per year in hotels, nearly half of that in the Vegas market. I've been looking for a new property to start staying at in Vegas, and decided to try Staybridge for the week based on it's extremely high reviews and great location.
First off, this is obviously a newer property and the construction/design of the rooms is outstanding. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite and the layout of the room is fantastic. I particularly loved having the Patio with table and chairs. One of my biggest issues with any hotel is sound-insulation, but my room passed that test with flying colors. I was facing the freeway, but as long as the doors were completely shut, you couldn't hear a thing from outside.
The kitchen was great, with all the expected amenities and utensils. The washer/dryer is obviously a plus, the furniture was great, and the soaking tub was a nice touch. The bed was adequate and typical of an IHG/Holiday Inn property, but not anything special. The central heating/AC system in the room worked perfectly and was a great alternative to a wall-mounted AC unit.
Customer Service at check-in was good. The front desk attendant was friendly, polite and filled me in on all the basics of the property after asking if it was my first stay there.
What disappointed me the most about Staybridge, especially after all the other things about it that I loved, were the extremely poor housekeeping standards. When I checked into my room, I immediately found several long black hairs laying in the bath tub / shower. Crumpled, used tissue was piled up behind the nightstand on the bed.
That alone is unacceptable, but most ridiculously, the toilet paper holder had snapped off it's mounting and was dangling at an angle off the wall. Instead of actually fixing this, housekeeping just kept trying to push it back to the right angle for the entire week, where it would eventually fall back down and the toilet paper would end up on the ground. This is not the kind of thing that's indicative of a truly outstanding hotel property.
If it doesn't dramatically impact my ability to stay in the room, I won't bring these issues up until I go to check out and I'm asked how my stay was. The attendant who checked me out didn't ask how my stay was, so I didn't report them.
Lastly, for whatever reason, this property is a Verizon Wireless dead zone. That's very bizarre considering it's location right off the freeway/strip, but I barely had any kind of signal in my room and had to deal with numerous dropped calls all week. My personal phone is with Sprint, and that had no trouble getting an LTE signal in the room, but my business phone with Verizon just couldn't get a signal. This isn't something that's in the property's control and I certainly don't hold it against them, but I think it should be noted as it certainly impacted my ability to stay here on business.
Again, I think the property has a lot of great things going for it, especially the design of the rooms and amenities. I hope that the housekeeping issues are addressed, so this isn't the kind of first impression business travelers like myself continue to experience here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Las Vegas the way you always imagined. Staybridge Suites Las Vegas an all-suite boutique hotel with direct access to the activities that have made Las Vegas famous. We plan to spoil your tastes with cosmopolitan luxury and a soothing ambiance. You have the choice to experience three different suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, spacious work spaces, & complimentary high-speed internet access. Enjoy our complimentary hot buffet breakfast daily & unwind during with complimentary dinner at our Social Tues-Thurs evenings. We offer complimentary shuttle service,multi-functional 24-hr business center, state of the art fitness center, & outdoor poolside retreat and cabanas. All with NO RESORT FEES! Warm. Welcoming. Home-Like. The only way to describe it is by experiencing it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Staybridge Suites