“Fantastic hotel property, Disappointing housekeeping standards”

Staybridge Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #27 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I'm a business traveler averaging 200+ nights per year in hotels, nearly half of that in the Vegas market. I've been looking for a new property to start staying at in Vegas, and decided to try Staybridge for the week based on it's extremely high reviews and great location.

First off, this is obviously a newer property and the construction/design of the rooms is outstanding. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite and the layout of the room is fantastic. I particularly loved having the Patio with table and chairs. One of my biggest issues with any hotel is sound-insulation, but my room passed that test with flying colors. I was facing the freeway, but as long as the doors were completely shut, you couldn't hear a thing from outside.

The kitchen was great, with all the expected amenities and utensils. The washer/dryer is obviously a plus, the furniture was great, and the soaking tub was a nice touch. The bed was adequate and typical of an IHG/Holiday Inn property, but not anything special. The central heating/AC system in the room worked perfectly and was a great alternative to a wall-mounted AC unit.

Customer Service at check-in was good. The front desk attendant was friendly, polite and filled me in on all the basics of the property after asking if it was my first stay there.

What disappointed me the most about Staybridge, especially after all the other things about it that I loved, were the extremely poor housekeeping standards. When I checked into my room, I immediately found several long black hairs laying in the bath tub / shower. Crumpled, used tissue was piled up behind the nightstand on the bed.

That alone is unacceptable, but most ridiculously, the toilet paper holder had snapped off it's mounting and was dangling at an angle off the wall. Instead of actually fixing this, housekeeping just kept trying to push it back to the right angle for the entire week, where it would eventually fall back down and the toilet paper would end up on the ground. This is not the kind of thing that's indicative of a truly outstanding hotel property.

If it doesn't dramatically impact my ability to stay in the room, I won't bring these issues up until I go to check out and I'm asked how my stay was. The attendant who checked me out didn't ask how my stay was, so I didn't report them.

Lastly, for whatever reason, this property is a Verizon Wireless dead zone. That's very bizarre considering it's location right off the freeway/strip, but I barely had any kind of signal in my room and had to deal with numerous dropped calls all week. My personal phone is with Sprint, and that had no trouble getting an LTE signal in the room, but my business phone with Verizon just couldn't get a signal. This isn't something that's in the property's control and I certainly don't hold it against them, but I think it should be noted as it certainly impacted my ability to stay here on business.

Again, I think the property has a lot of great things going for it, especially the design of the rooms and amenities. I hope that the housekeeping issues are addressed, so this isn't the kind of first impression business travelers like myself continue to experience here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bounty8111
The-Nicole-Marshall, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Bounty8111, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and letting us know where we have room for improvement. Please accept my sincerest apologies over the housekeeping challenges. There is no excuse for this and it is being addressed ASAP to ensure it does not happen again. I hope you consider this an isolated incident and not how we wanted your first...or any...stay to go and I would love another change to exceed your expectations. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Las Vegas

Reviewed 22 February 2014

It has been 1 year since my family and I stayed at this Staybridge and I am so glad we returned! The front desk staff was helpfully available and when there was a small issue w/ our patio door, the maintenance person arrived w/in minutes and fixed the issue immediately. This hotel is quiet and very clean with large rooms that include a full kitchen, separate shower and soaking tub and washer/ dryer. The included breakfast buffet is convenient and delicious with fresh fruit, breads, eggs/ breakfast meats and waffles + great coffee. On several weeknights the hotel has a free dinner buffet. Although we didn't use the pool - it was clean with a large deck of comfortable chaises and 2 hot tubs.
We travel with our dog and this is hotel is really great for a pet owner, but be aware that there is no grass / only sand and rocks at the pet walk area. If your pet will only eliminate on grass- there is a large patch at the nearby Terrible's gas station -- thru the parking lot at the adjacent Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sam86228
The-Nicole-Marshall, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your review and continued support, Sam86228. I am so happy we were able to exceed your expectations again. Tues, Wed and Thurs nights we do offer our dinner Social and I a, glad you were able to take advantage this visit! We hope to see you again next year. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The front desk folks and managers at Staybridge Las Vegas are amazing! Not only are the rooms great, but conveniently located near the strip with a shuttle . . . what more can one ask?

I can only say this is a fantastic place to stay, great hot breakfast, pool area, etc, etc

Check it out for yourself!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo N
The-Nicole-Marshall, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your review, Jo N. I am thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit! --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My family and I were in Las Vegas to take in a couple of shows and go to the Grand Canyon. This was our first trip to Vegas so I was not sure if staying on or off the strip would be better for us. I chose the Staybridge Suites based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor, and I am glad I did. We loved the spacious room with the full kitchen. I was able to cook 3 dinners in the hotel room. Also used the washer/dryer that was in the room. Having these conveniences in the room were great. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions we asked about the area.
We did not rent a car while in Vegas, so we were glad that Staybridge had a shuttle service to the Strip, leaving the hotel at the top of every hour to New York New York.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would consider staying there again the next time I go to Vegas.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue_Percival

Sue_Percival, Thank you for your review. I am glad we were the perfect fit for your family! When you take into account the Strip hotels charging resort fees and having to pay for breakfast, we come out at an amazing value! --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We avoid hotels if at all possible--we prefer B&Bs; however, the B&B selection in Las Vegas is limited. We chose Staybridge Suites based on the tripadvisor reviews and were so glad we did. We had extremely high expectations and it far exceeded them. It was a perfect stay.

It definitely does not feel like a hotel--it has a condo feel to it. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was definitely like a condo. Extremely spacious with a fully equipped kitchen and washer/dryer. The entire hotel was immaculate!

The location was superb--just south of the strip so you don't have the traffic issue (which are horrible on the strip).

The suite was spacious and quiet--we never heard any other guests above or beside us which was fantastic. It has a heating/cooling system like in a home--not the noisy wall units in hotels. The bed was so comfortable!

It is a totally nonsmoking hotel with no casino so you didn't have the smoke or casino issues; however, it is so close to the strip if you want to do that.

The breakfasts were wonderful.

So if you are needing a place to stay in Las Vegas, this is the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank stripes90
The-Nicole-Marshall, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your review, stripes90. We are thrilled to hear we were able to exceed your expectations! I think you hit the nail on the head with the "condo feel" as that is what we are going for; home away from home! --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because we were flying out early the next morning, and didn't want to stay downtown with all of the hustle and bustle, but still be close enough to it. this hotel was very clean and I couldn't believe how big our suite was. I felt like it was the size of a small apartment. The free breakfast was very good and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank WVG22
The-Nicole-Marshall, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your review, WVG22. I am glad you had a great stay and we made the perfect location for your quick night in Las Vegas. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz

Reviewed 1 February 2014

the rooms were very large, very spacious. The size of a apartment, so you could stay comfortably for a long stay. Close to the strip and they have a shuttle that will pick up and drop off at New York, New York

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, jschoenhard. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations on this visit. What's great about our free shuttle is that you can enjoy all the excitement of the Strip and then come "home" at night! --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz