“Very nice suites, good place to stay off the strip”

SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #22 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sudbury, Canada
“Very nice suites, good place to stay off the strip”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I recently stayed at the SPringhill Suites for 3 days for work, and was very happy with the room with which I was provided. Linens and bedding is very comfortable, and the room is quite dark at night for sleeping. The small fridge, coffee maker and microwave were unexpected but definitely nice to have. Free internet was a definite bonus, and being able to work at the work station or wireless was nice. The room and bathroom and water closet were all clean. The buffet breakfast is actually a decent spread, with scrambled eggs, bacon, toast/bagels, waffle station, cereals, fruit etc. The front desk staff were very helpful in assisting us with taxis and advice on getting around. The one beef we had was in accessing the rooftop pool and fire pit. We were told repeatedly that they were 'cleaning the pool' so we couldn't access the roof. Lookign right out the door at the pool, the same red hose laid on the ground for days in a row... not being used. The pool was not being cleaned, nor filled. And even if it was, the fire pit area is separate from the pool. We had to go through quite the rigamarole of asking at least a half dozen workers to let us access the rooftop for some fresh air during our conference, and we didn't appreciate the snarky front desk woman claiming the pool was being cleaned or filled, depending on when we asked. Otherwise, a nice place to stay, though pricey if you don't get a deal on the room rate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Walnut Creek
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The hotel is located almost across the street from the convention center. It is not very close to The Strip (Las Vegas Blvd). It is not a typical Las Vegas hotel. It does not have a casino or a flashy lobby. My room was not large, but quite nice. There were two separate bathrooms. One with a shower and vanity and the other had the toilet and a small sink. The bed was very comfortable and there was a nice desk to work at. The 37” HD TV was also very nice. The free internet was good when it worked. It was non-working for almost 24 hours. The breakfast was your typical buffet with eggs, waffles, oatmeal, pastries, and cold cereal. The amenities are on the top floor (24th). The gym was pretty big, and the outdoor pool and spa provided a nice view of Vegas. The lobby bar serves an acceptable meal if you’re looking for the basics. I would stay here again.

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This to me has always been my favorite for the three to four times a year I get into Las Vegas for work. It is clean, it is fresh, and it fits my needs while conducting business in the city. It is well within walking distance of the strip and great restaurants, and you get a free breakfast to start your day. I'll keep my sleeping time while at Vegas right here each and every time.

Room Tip: I like a high room either strip side or non-strip side, both offer a great view.
1 Thank wkrupa
Raleigh
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Just got back from staying here for a few nights to attend something at the convention center.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Good location, walking distance from the convention center. Nice rooms with sitting area, and desk. Very nicely decorated, very relaxing.
Breakfast buffet was ok in the morning, but the coffee was good.
The staff were the best, very friendly and welcoming, happy to talk with you. Will stay here again in the future

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank PJ_BHI
New mexico
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Nice and clean. Friendly staff. No smoke, casinos, etc to deal with. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. We slept very well. The breakfast buffet was very good. We would definitely stay there again.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for a meeting at the hotel.
The rate was insane (140) because of multiple large conventions. I DO NOT like paying so much in Vegas... Especially for a limited service hotel. But supply and demand, you know...
So, if you are stuck paying this much in a city that can be 29.00 a night, this is a good comfy place.
Super clean, roomy, GREAT bed, powerful shower and a big flat screen. Wifi is free (thank God!) and personnel friendly. Can't ask for much more.
The first night I ordered delivery from KungFu. It was awesome! I got the green papaya salad and a bowl of shrimp Tom yum. Great food, 45 minute delivery. A little pricey, but in Vegas just about all decent food is pricey.
Here's the funny thing about this trip... For the first time, I took the city bus to a hotel. The 208 picks up from the 0 level at the airport. Simple, simple. 2.00 and it dropped off across the street from the hotel. The driver was nice and friendly. It's not so common that tourists take this bus and he chatted with me most of the way. There is some riff raff on the bus, but not dangerous or anything.
There's a gas station next door and you can get drinks and stuff for pretty cheap.
I felt pretty vulnerable walking in the area and the lady working in the gas station said that I should not walk alone at night in the area... Which felt pretty obvious in the daytime.
I would stay here again, I really had a good quality sleep and shower, which is what I am out for, no matter where I am visiting!

4 Thank TxTravelPro
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I'll start off by saying - I don't like Las Vegas - in fact, I pretty much hate it. Too loud, crude, rude, bright, crowded, expensive, traffic is hell.. ok, you get the picture. But I have to go there for work from time to time, usually for a convention or trade show. I am thrilled to death that my company found a hotel like the SpringHill Suites. You almost don't remember your in Vegas... and that was a good thing for me..

Front desk staff is VERY nice - not like the snooty people in the high-end Vegas hotels I have stayed in. Helpful, courteous - interested in speaking with you - who knew! Breakfast is included in room rate - very convenient - but certainly not a lot to write home about. Especially when I was there for a week - packaged baked goods were terrible, dry - old; just give us some bread and let us toast it.. Eggs were ok on some days - on some days tasteless and overcooked - meat alternates between canadian bacon: good healthy choice but always overcooked; turkey sausage: overcooked and not great. The "make your own waffles" are great, but I really can't eat those for 6 days in a row. A mix of cereals and hot oatmeal (overcooked and sitting in the pot for hours, can you say gelatinous?) Coffee, apple and orange juices (certainly from a cheap concentrate).

The rooms are very nice. Well appointed, modern - well layed out - beds are very comfortable. nice desk area for working - the internet access should be easy, but service was spotty - they need to bring someone in to work on it. small fridge and microwave - one cup coffee maker but for heavens sake get rid of those 'service packs' that provide 1 pack of horrific powdered cream, 2 sugars and a napkin. Go downstairs and grab some half and half and sugar from the breakfast area and keep it in your fridge.

Bar/restaurant only open 5-11, makes sense in this environment. Good service though- good pours on the wines by the glass. Pool and exercise room on top floor - very nice - and a fire pit - which was awesome - very nice touch.

Definitely would stay here again - right across from convention center so very convenient and the best part: No casino or slot machines!!

Room Tip: I like rooms on higher floors -