“Las Vegas Magic stay”

Ranked #27 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fairview, Canada
“Las Vegas Magic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was my first stay in a Springhill property and I was quite pleased. I liked the look of the room, its layout being a little different from most hotel rooms.
I was there for the "Magic" show at the Convention center which is pretty much just across the street although its about a block to the main entrance. It was nice to be able to leave the show and go right to my room rather than to have a cab ride first.
The room was clean & quiet as was the area outside. The decor is current and comfortable.
The only thing I didn't care for was the coffee maker as it uses little disks to make individual cups of coffee and since I like strong coffee I tend to double up most hotel's coffee but it wouldn't work in this case. Not that big of a deal as there was free coffee to go on the breakfast buffet - not bad coffee at that. One hotel (not Springhill) I stayed at charged extra if you tried to take a coffee to go off the "free" breakfast buffet. The Springhill breakfast buffet was pretty good - the first morning of the show was quite hectic and the staff was having a hard time keeping up but if you waited a few moments you could get what you wanted. I also thought it closed rather early - I think it was supposed to be finished at 9:00 am but seemed to be open for a while after.
I did have a couple of issues while I was there - the tv stopped working and the toilet developed a tiny leak . The staff said the tv was probably just the power cord as they commonly work loose when the tv is swiveled from the living room to the bed area. Unfortunately the toilet was a bigger job and I opted to change rooms which was cheerfully facilitated by the staff.
I did not partake of the pool or other facilities. Of course this hotel has no casino but the LVH is across the street and the Riviera and the rest of the strip is just across a parking lot.
Over all, I like the hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I recently stayed at the SPringhill Suites for 3 days for work, and was very happy with the room with which I was provided. Linens and bedding is very comfortable, and the room is quite dark at night for sleeping. The small fridge, coffee maker and microwave were unexpected but definitely nice to have. Free internet was a definite bonus, and being able to work at the work station or wireless was nice. The room and bathroom and water closet were all clean. The buffet breakfast is actually a decent spread, with scrambled eggs, bacon, toast/bagels, waffle station, cereals, fruit etc. The front desk staff were very helpful in assisting us with taxis and advice on getting around. The one beef we had was in accessing the rooftop pool and fire pit. We were told repeatedly that they were 'cleaning the pool' so we couldn't access the roof. Lookign right out the door at the pool, the same red hose laid on the ground for days in a row... not being used. The pool was not being cleaned, nor filled. And even if it was, the fire pit area is separate from the pool. We had to go through quite the rigamarole of asking at least a half dozen workers to let us access the rooftop for some fresh air during our conference, and we didn't appreciate the snarky front desk woman claiming the pool was being cleaned or filled, depending on when we asked. Otherwise, a nice place to stay, though pricey if you don't get a deal on the room rate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Walnut Creek
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

The hotel is located almost across the street from the convention center. It is not very close to The Strip (Las Vegas Blvd). It is not a typical Las Vegas hotel. It does not have a casino or a flashy lobby. My room was not large, but quite nice. There were two separate bathrooms. One with a shower and vanity and the other had the toilet and a small sink. The bed was very comfortable and there was a nice desk to work at. The 37” HD TV was also very nice. The free internet was good when it worked. It was non-working for almost 24 hours. The breakfast was your typical buffet with eggs, waffles, oatmeal, pastries, and cold cereal. The amenities are on the top floor (24th). The gym was pretty big, and the outdoor pool and spa provided a nice view of Vegas. The lobby bar serves an acceptable meal if you’re looking for the basics. I would stay here again.

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This to me has always been my favorite for the three to four times a year I get into Las Vegas for work. It is clean, it is fresh, and it fits my needs while conducting business in the city. It is well within walking distance of the strip and great restaurants, and you get a free breakfast to start your day. I'll keep my sleeping time while at Vegas right here each and every time.

Room Tip: I like a high room either strip side or non-strip side, both offer a great view.
1 Thank wkrupa
Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Just got back from staying here for a few nights to attend something at the convention center.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Good location, walking distance from the convention center. Nice rooms with sitting area, and desk. Very nicely decorated, very relaxing.
Breakfast buffet was ok in the morning, but the coffee was good.
The staff were the best, very friendly and welcoming, happy to talk with you. Will stay here again in the future

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank PJ_BHI
New mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Nice and clean. Friendly staff. No smoke, casinos, etc to deal with. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. We slept very well. The breakfast buffet was very good. We would definitely stay there again.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for a meeting at the hotel.
The rate was insane (140) because of multiple large conventions. I DO NOT like paying so much in Vegas... Especially for a limited service hotel. But supply and demand, you know...
So, if you are stuck paying this much in a city that can be 29.00 a night, this is a good comfy place.
Super clean, roomy, GREAT bed, powerful shower and a big flat screen. Wifi is free (thank God!) and personnel friendly. Can't ask for much more.
The first night I ordered delivery from KungFu. It was awesome! I got the green papaya salad and a bowl of shrimp Tom yum. Great food, 45 minute delivery. A little pricey, but in Vegas just about all decent food is pricey.
Here's the funny thing about this trip... For the first time, I took the city bus to a hotel. The 208 picks up from the 0 level at the airport. Simple, simple. 2.00 and it dropped off across the street from the hotel. The driver was nice and friendly. It's not so common that tourists take this bus and he chatted with me most of the way. There is some riff raff on the bus, but not dangerous or anything.
There's a gas station next door and you can get drinks and stuff for pretty cheap.
I felt pretty vulnerable walking in the area and the lady working in the gas station said that I should not walk alone at night in the area... Which felt pretty obvious in the daytime.
I would stay here again, I really had a good quality sleep and shower, which is what I am out for, no matter where I am visiting!

4 Thank TxTravelPro