“Nice hotel for business trip”

SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #28 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ternopil, Ukraine
“Nice hotel for business trip”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Nice rooms, excellent breakfast, happy hour :), free WiFi, pool at the roof, convention centre across the road. What do you need more for business trip? And the price is really reasonable for such service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lesko77
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Lesko77,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas. We appreciate your complimentary feedback about our great hotel and the variety of amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Las Vegas. Thank you again for writing.

David Nilemo, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife, two small daughters, and I stayed here the week of August 12 for five nights. It was our second stay (the first one being last year). For our needs, it's ideal: Spacious, comfortable, the breakfast is convenient if you have hungry kids in the morning, the location is great to see our friends in Summerlin and to explore Vegas (we like museums and the outlet malls). Not having to trek through a casino with little kids and not having to deal with smoke is valuable for us, too. The restaurant is reasonably priced and always delicious, with the most friendly service. I also like the rooftop pool (see pics below). The only drawback is that other people have figured all of this out, too, so it was busy with families, groups, and pilots / flight attendants. We paid $100 a night. Great value considering what the breakfast for four alone would have cost.

Room Tip: Higher up for view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lagniappe1971,
We appreciate you and your family choosing SpringHill Suites Las Vegas, and we’re glad you found our great hotel and value added amenities ideal for your travels. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll return for more family fun in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The thing to do is to avoid convention days and holidays if you can. Seems obvious but people forget that this hotel is primary for businesses and families of those businesses. I stayed the week of Labor Day.

It would have been nice to have a sign that said to use your room key to access the garage. I pulled up to the ramp thinking there was a ticket dispenser since there was an arm. Nope. I'm used to parking in the garage and then checking in. So I backed up and parked up front. Good thing there wasn't anybody behind me.

That said, the check in was quick, because there wasn't a line of people and I didn't change anything. Found the elevator waiting for me with the doors open. That is nice. It was like that every time.

Yes, the rooms are hot when you get there and the AC takes a while to do it's thing. The AC controller has a motion sensor, blame the green people for that. I don't understand why hotels still use window AC's since they are always noisy. Must be a cost thing. I'm going to blame the bean-counters for this one.

The description of the room has already been covered by others so I'll skip it. However, I need to point out that the drawer space is non-existent. I couldn't find one. I used the TV stand to put some clothes away. Or is that the "dresser"?

Some miscellaneous things: for some reason, I was getting a draft through the door which whistled. Not loud but noticeable. Frig doesn't have an icebox. Didn't use the Microwave. One cup coffee maker works. Soft water, so soap doesn't rinse off completely. Limited HD programing. The hotel uses Dish Network. When I was watching the History Channel, it would blank in and out most of the time. Other channels was fine. Weird. Internet is only 1.5 to 2.0Mbps. No biggy but the housekeeper came between 4 and 5. Did a great job straightening things back the way it was every day.

I guess the breakfast ordeal has been covered so I'll skip that too. One thing though, it's okay to cut to the other stations as long as you don't park yourself there. Grab and go. And oatmeal is hit or miss.

The Happy Hour is Bud Light, red/white house wine and a snack mix. No food discounts; I didn't receive any. Menu and bar items are typical hotel stuff. Good food and decent booze but I would go elsewhere.

Shuttle to the strip only drops you off and picks you up near Forever 21 at the Fashion Show Mall. It's quite a walk to the main section because you have to walk through the store. When you want a ride back, just call. I think it's on the hour until 10pm.

My experience was okay. The room was clean and quiet, except for the AC, and comfortable. Staff is friendly and approachable. There's an AM/PM next door to buy water or ice cream ($4 at the hotel, $1.99 at AM/PM). The Monorail is a hike but doable. So read the reviews and make up your own mind. I questioned the negative points with Marriott and they contacted the hotel's GM and he assured me that those are anomalies and every hotel has them. Some customers were just unfortunate to have experienced them. I thought about it and decided to give a shot. I'm pleased with the way the hotel operates and will be back for sure again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank dalekana
dalekana,
Thank you for sharing your observations from your stay at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas. Your valuable comments provide both positive feedback and opportunities for improving our guest experience. I’ll be certain to address the areas of concern and appreciate you bringing these items to my attention. We’re happy to hear you’ll return for another visit in the near future, and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you once again for writing.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 September 2013

In general, I loathe most hotels in Las Vegas, especially the tourist traps on the strip. This property by the Convention Center is a well worth the drive/walk if you want peace and quiet. The new Springhill design is evident throughout the property. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the room looks. One of the reasons I don't generally like LV hotels is the lack of in-room coffee. That wasn't the case here and they serve a decent breakfast as well.
The parking garage behind the property was very convenient...another plus compared to other hotels in the area where you have to walk a mile to get to the lodging.
The in-room A/C unit was a bit noisy and blew directly across the bed. Strategically placing a chair deflected the draft and you get used to the rumble after a while.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Just_a_Rd_Warrior
Just_a_Rd_Warrior,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your SpringHill Suites Las Vegas experience. It’s great to hear we exceeded your expectations with our accommodations and value added amenities. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Providence, Utah
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center hotel just off the main Vegas strip. This was the perfect choice for me as I am not a gambler and don't get into the party scene of Vegas. The hotel was quiet, safe, clean and provided me with all I needed. This would be the perfect hotel for a family if you want to stay clear of the strip. Pool on top of the hotel with exercise room and great view. If I had to give the hotel a negative it would be the breakfast buffet. Just not much variety. Will stay at this hotel again on my next business trip.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
slaughterpj,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review regarding your experience at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while on business, and we’re glad our hotel was perfectly suited for your travel needs. Please continue to make SpringHill Suites your number one choice hotel when visiting Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you on your next business trip. Thank you again.

Helena, Montana
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed at the SpringHill Suites a couple of times. The first time was for the convenience. The second was because of the wonderful experience the first time. They have the best beds! Be sure to set your alarm or you will be late....the sleep is that good. The room was great. Big enough that you didn't mind spending a week there. The shower was in a separate room from the toilet (both had sinks) making it very easy for two of us to get ready at the same time. The staff both stays have been very helpful. Super convenient if you doing something at the convention center. The shuttle will take you to the mall on the strip, so you don't have to walk it in the heat. Ephron, the shuttle driver, is very friendly and helpful.
I don't gamble, so no casino was a bonus for me. It didn't smell of cigarette smoke, was quite and very pleasant.
Get up early if you want to get the breakfast or be prepared to stand in line. They offer an evening happy hour, but unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to enjoy it either trip...maybe next time.
I will be staying again next time I have a trade show at the convention center.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
BigSky59601,
We appreciate your review and return visit to SpringHill Suites Las Vegas. I’m pleased to hear our friendly staff, spacious accommodations, and comfortable beds made for an enjoyable stay. I’ll be certain to pass along your complimentary feedback to our team, and will recognize Efren with a special commendation for his outstanding service. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Las Vegas. Thank you once again for writing.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I just returned from a great stay @ the springhill suites Las Vegas. If you want to relax in a comfortable quiet room and have a car to get around..this is a good choice! We enjoyed the free breakfast, wifi, the fridge/microwave combo in the room. I was not in love with the air conditioning unit in the room as it was loud and oddly placed but given the value and new condition of the hotel it didn't really bother me. We will stay again :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Grhoads,
Thank you for sharing your SpringHill Suites Las Vegas experience. It’s great to hear you enjoyed a quiet and relaxing stay in our comfortable accommodations, and found our amenities well suited for your travels. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Thank you again for writing.