SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I thought this motel was perfect for someone wanting good value in Las Vegas, that is close to strip and easy to get to strip. The rate includes a great buffet breakfast as well as happy hour every day for dinner and drinks. And the room was almost a suite, with a sitting area separate from the bedroom. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

2  Thank nzkasey
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear nzkasey,

We are happy to hear from you and glad to know your stay was pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your recommendation serves as encouragement to our associates who genuinely care about providing each guest with an enjoyable stay. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went to Las Vegas for our 30th anniversary and renew our vows. I usually try to book a Marriott hotel if I can find one some what reasonable. When checking I found the Springhill suites. It was just a block off the strip and next to the monorail. The hotel room wasn't as clean as I expected a Marriott to be, and the hotel is a bit old. There wasn't a casino in the hotel which didn't matter. View was good, Parking in the garage was free and they had a continental breakfast in the AM.

Room Tip: I think a high room is better
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear 4ob,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel was excellent in many ways.

- Room itself was very nice and clean. We had no noise issues. Room had a microwave and a fridge. No complimentary water.
- Staff were very kind and accommodating.
- Pool on the top floor was good though small. Fitness center was somewhat large and nicely equipped.
- Very close to the convention center. SDX/108 bus stop was near-by (5 mins away if walked)
- Breakfast was excellent. Scrambled egg was very nice. A dish was changed every day. Quality of the food was in general quite good.

Down side is
- if interested in the Strip, you either take SDX ($8/24hrs) or walk. We walked once and it took us 40-50 minutes to Harrah's, longer than we thought. The area itself did not look particularly dangerous, but mostly the heat was difficult to bear, so we went though Riviera.
- Housekeeping is slow. When we came back one day, which was around 5 PM, cleaning was not over and the door was left open (with no housekeeper inside). We had to wait at the lobby.
- We made a phone call to Marriott for a membership issue, and were changed for that. This I understand per policy, but find it ironic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear jeppa3579,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. Your kind comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a business meeting and I was pleasantly surprised. I have never stayed at this brand before, but my usual hotels were booked. Check in was quick and simple, but they lacked informing me of certain amenities which was the reason I chose this hotel. The staff informed me of the happy hour which is great if all you do is drink low quality beer.

I went to the happy hour and discovered that the 1/2 price deal really applies to drinks that no one drinks. I asked the bartender about four popular drinks and none were part of the promotion, actually none of the top shelf or mid-shelf drinks were part of the promotion.

The staff made no effort to inform of the free WiFi or how to access it, but they did inform me of the free breakfast. Speaking of the breakfast, it was less than average, they open late and a few of the airlines employees were anxious to eat and get to their airlines. 6:30 does not mean 6:45 for most people. The breakfast consisted of cereals, eggs, cheese, oatmeal, and cold deli meats. Not quite my idea of a good buffet breakfast. The milk selection was pathetic, who doesn't offer regular vitamin D milk? The juices were decent, but we're not fresh.

The rooms were very clean, but it took a full day before the room cool down to 72 degrees, it was 110 degrees the day I arrived and the air condition was off in my room. The next day the room was cleaned. I really enjoyed the room.

I went to the bar the ran out of my drink and had no replacement.

I would stay here again because of the price and the location is decent. They exterior and interior are very up to date.

Cheers
MarylandVacation

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MarylandVacation
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m delighted to know your enjoyed our location, room and modern décor. My sincere apologies you found our staff uninformative and our breakfast average; this is certainly not up to our standards. Our associates strive to provide sincere hospitality and we clearly missed the mark. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement; we look forward to seeing you on that return trip.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Many plusses for this hotel- great breakfast, helpful staff, etc. But was disappointed that the carpet in our room was stained and dirty. I also was in the room when housekeeping came to clean and they made bed, changed sheets, replaced towels and left- no cleaning! Sheets and towels are poor quality. Sounds like I did not like the hotel, but the great staff made up for a lot. Bistro was great!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Ann J,

Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority; I glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and Bistro. My apologies for the disappointment you felt regarding housekeeping service. Reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Clean, comfortable, large rooms. Comfortable bed. Great customer service. Breakfast acceptable. Good value and best place to stay near the LVH convention center and the Las Vegas Convention Center. The people at the hotel were wonderful

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I’m thrilled to learn we satisfied your travel needs. It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our clean spacious rooms and courteous associates. We appreciate your recommendation, but of course the highest form of praise would be your return!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We wanted a chance to get away from some of the hubbub, smoke and noise that is in most other places in Vegas. It fit the bill nicely. People are exceptionally helpful and pleasant. For anyone attending an event at the convention center it is extra convenient.
The free breakfast is bigger and better than most traveler hotels. The Happy Hour in the restaurant is amazing for quality of food and prices. The steak sliders (half price during happy-hour) are as good as you might get at a serious, fine restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms are very similarly furnished. The one slight negative is lack of drawer space if you are there...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mark O,

I’m thrilled to learn we satisfied your travel needs. It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our friendly associates, ample breakfast and location. We appreciate your recommendation, but of course the highest form of praise would be your return!