All reviews rooftop pool fire pit off the strip free breakfast toilet and sink westgate hotel monorail station yogurt the breakfast area paradise road fridge and microwave sofa bed desk area business traveler free weights starbucks coffee trade show
Reviewed 15 June 2010

The good: The hotel is very new and all areas appear to be kept very clean. It is smoke-free and is a nice change from the smoggy hotels of the strip. The breakfast buffet is decent. The pool is roof-top and is nice, but closes quite early, especially for Las Vegas. The fitness facility is very nice. The rooms are quite spacious.
The bad: Though the rooms are large, there is very little storage. It has a small closet, and 2 very small drawers below the tv. I kept looking around to see if I had missed the dresser, but never found one. The refrigerator and microwave are both quite small and seem to be after thoughts. The upper floors seem to have more noise from the HVAC system than the lower ones do. I was able to drown out the annoying sound with the room a/c fan. My biggest complaint however is the internet. It boasts a "high-speed internet", but currently does not deliver. If you were thinking of this as a place to heavily use a computer (gaming), don't bother. The manager said they already had an upgrade scheduled in a couple of months, but it seems odd to me that a brand new hotel had such an inferior internet backbone.

If you're looking for a smoke-free place off the strip and don't care about internet or places for unpacking in your room, then this is your place; otherwise, look elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We stayed here on our first night of a two-week trip to the Southwest. The hotel is easy to reach from the Las Vegas airport if you pay attention to the written directions. The room was very spacious and modern. The only thing that bothered me were the glass shower doors. If you're traveling with children this might be a safety issue. Front desk staff were helpful. The restaurant in the hotel is good. You're pretty far away from the strip and other dining choices. Other reviewers have mentioned the Hilton across the street. The street is actually a very busy highway that didn't look especially inviting to cross, especially since the night we got there the temperature was a record cold.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

A large number of us came to Vegas for a wedding and birthday celebration. There are only to carts for luggage and found people waiting to use the cart. This hotel is across from the Hilton, which has the transit train. The bus stops directly in front of the hotel. A bus that takes you to the mall stops here as well. The rooms were clean and comfy. Our room slept 6. Which was super. The only problem is the closet is very tiny and couldn't support clothes for 6. Only 2 small drawers. Most everyone kept their clothes in their luggage. Fridge and microwave in the room. Great view from our room, but gorgeous view from the roof. A salt water pool is on the roof. No hot tub. My husband used the excerise room and said it was great. Breakfast was fabulous, with waffles, eggs, fruit, oatmeal, and bagels. This hotel is 2 blocks off the strip and is very quiet. There is secured parking and I felt safe all around. It was nice not to have a casino or slots in the hotel. I've stayed other places on the strip and preferred being just off. We drove our car down the back side of the strip to get around. We had no problems finding parking spots at other casinos where our ativities were being held. Only problem the internet was only available in the lobby. Which was full.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We recently spent two nights at this new hotel. Others have correctly reviewed it. When we couldn't figure out the air conditioner, someone immediately came up to show us. Very nice, helpful stafff. The pool was small, but quiet and nice. We would definitely stay here again if we weren't seeking the action of the Strip.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2010

First visit back to Vegas in a little over 3 years and stayed at this hotel after reading all the good views. It was also my first time staying in a non-gaming hotel in Vegas, so I did not have to experience the loud blaring of slot machines. The room itself was larger than most hotels that I stayed in and had room for my family (2 queen beds and 1 sofa bed). The room also had free high speed internet though I found it to be very slow and somewhat sporadic; even with the Ethernet cable that was provided. Aside from the internet issue; the free breakfast had quite a variety and the do-it-yourself waffles were delicious. Staff were friendly and attentive and even allowed my family a late checkout, lasting one hour, without additional fees.

The only non-hotel issue was the location itself. The hotel was located about half a mile from the strip; where most of the hotels were located. However, gaming was not far away as one could go to either Riviera or Las Vegas Hilton to gamble.

I would recommend staying at this hotel if you just want a quiet place to stay without the casino. I know that this would be my first choice when I return to Vegas and would like to stay at a non-gaming hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010