“The Good, the Bad and the Just Didn't Cut it”

Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown
Ranked #181 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“The Good, the Bad and the Just Didn't Cut it”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for almost two months for a project in Las Vegas. There was the good:
Location - just off the Vegas Strip, across from the Boulevard Mall and close to restaurants, market, gas station, etc. Good-sized room with a "real" kitchen area - full-size refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, counter and cabinet space; good-size bathroom with large sink and counter space; staff is very nice and helpful.
The Bad - the air conditioner. It was old and loud. It's hot in Las Vegas and an air conditioner is a must have when it's 98 degrees at midnight.
Just Didn't Cut it - Cleanliness of the room overall was okay but I had a few different rooms over the two months. In all but one the carpets were in serious need to cleaning. Housekeeping could definitely use some new vacuum cleaners also. Overall the good things outweighed the bad - just keep your shoes on!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MikeLJ4887
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with the location of the hotel and the utilities found in your room; however, we apologize that your air conditioner did not meet your needs and that the the carpet in your rooms needed cleaning. I will be meeting with our maintenance engineer to look into the noise of the air conditioner. As well, I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff so that we can improve the cleanliness of our carpets. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I would like to share my view about this hotel under 3 categories....

Location : Just 1.5 miles away from the strip and very close to stratosphere.. If you dont want to be in the busy strip this is perfect place to stay. If you have a car then there is no problem as you can take ur car and park in any hotel in the strip as parking is free in almost all hotels in strip. So it wise to stay in place where it is not very expensive and the same time it serves our purpose.

Cleanliness: This hotel is decent and they take care to clean and maintain the property.

Front desk : Staff at front desk where kind and friendly.. Stephany ( applogize ) if am spelling the name incorrectly. she was the person who took the reservations for us and she was very kind . Sandra and many other name's i cant recollect where very kind.

Overall it a good stay and decent safe location especially if your coming with family and kids.

Regards,
Saravanan.M

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Saran_77
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our location, our friendly staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another enjoyable visit in the future.
Irvine, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I should have reviewed it before staying here. I made a mistake by not fully reviewing the area and hotel. I stayed here for 4 days and wanted to leave after day 1. The girl at the front desk was nice though. She was really sweet and seemed hard working. The guy at the front desk was also nice.

The area is scary. This is the lower end of Vegas and if you have kids I would recommend staying somewhere else. When I first walked into the room, it smelled like they had used too much spray to cover up any other smells. It was overwhelming and just too much. After I aired out the room I closed the windows. But somehow every time I walked back into the room it smelled like stale cigarette smoke.

I then walked into the bathroom and I saw a groin hair in the tub. I wish I would have taken a picture of it for proof but it is really distasteful. I also noticed on the shower head there was pink mold. I researched it and the name for this mold is called: “Serratia Marcescens.” This bacterium contains a type of mold, and it thrives in moist, wet environments.

I took a picture of it. You can check in this review my photos. I also took a picture of a long black hair on my clean towels. This was my second set of clean towels and on both occasions I found long black hairs. I know they are going to hurt my but it was still disgusting.

On day two I was getting ready to leave but became extremely ill with a stomach virus. I was stuck inside my room and needed toilet paper and extra towels. I could hardly walk but needed supplies. Turns out, they refused to deliver toilet paper or towels to the room! So I had to gain my energy to get dressed and go downstairs.

So.. I never encountered this before in a hotel. This is an ECONOMY hotel in a bad area so just know what to expect if you decide to stay here. I say bad area because there were a lot of really weird creepy guys staying there and yelling in the rooms on my hall. Also the Walgreens, Vons, and some other stores in that neighborhood need security guards! Not cool. Not going to stay here again.

The positive of this stay: it was CHEAP.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank peanut2614
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your stay. Still, I apologize that you were not satisfied with our location. As well, I am sorry that your room contained an unpleasant smell and cleanliness issues. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or at any of our other brand locations in the future.
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Weekends in las Vegas is expensive but this place is clean, reasonably-priced, and comfortable. Have kitchen inside room and laundromat services which is useful. Will come back and stay here definitely.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yunen
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Over priced, terrible maid service, management does not keep their word, too hot during the summer and internet goes on and off just did not care for the majority of the management and so over priced big turn over of employees at the front desk all the time

Room Tip: Best tip is stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Sandie – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of customer service and cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our customer service policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had a good experience at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, they were near the mall & not too far from the strip. I had a vehicle so it made for easy access to everything with out the congestion of being on the strip ...
The double queen bed room was spacious and clean (for 2 / 3 people). May be too small for a full family. The closet space / bathroom /kitchenette area was good for me. We were on vacation so there was a need for the fridge and microwave after dinners out. I think this is def a place I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Donnie2375
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Roseville, California
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Love it didn't want to leave it was nice clean the staff was nice to us free breakfast in the morning they have a nice safe place also for your animals that's why I love that place cause there pet feiendly

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Valiri R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities of the hotel .

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.