“Bally's Las Vegas”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Bally's Las Vegas”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

After planning a trip for myself and seven friends to Bally's we were very pleased with the accommodations! The Indigo Tower, formerly the North Tower, had been updated and was lovely! There was nothing we were missing, except there are no coffee pots in the rooms.
The buffet breakfast at Bally's is decent and not a bad deal for the price. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elaine S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,175)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Booked my stay at Bally's (through Southwest Airlines) after reading great reviews here on Trip Advisor. At check in, I mentioned I was excited about their re-model and the clerk told me one of those rooms would cost me an extra $30 each night.
My older room had shabby carpet, but was otherwise clean. Two desks in the room but neither in a place where you could work and watch TV at the same time. Beds felt old and uncomfortable--like the one in the spare room of your aunt's house--very mushy and saggy. My room was on the 9th floor facing The Flamingo. there was construction noise across the street and all night I could hear the "beep, beep, beep" of bulldozers backing up, etc.

The other big inconvenience was the internet was not accessible the first night and most of the 2nd night of my stay. As a business traveler, I need to be able to use my computer in the room. I worked with tech support for about 40 minutes and they agreed to send a technician out the next day when I was at my conference. A technician came out that night at 12:30am and woke me up. I asked him to come back the following day, during the day. I called the front desk--spoke to Elvis (the name he gave me) and asked him nicely if it was typical to have a tech come out at that hour. He said "yes". I told him I didn't think that was reasonable, and he said "this is Vegas." I asked that the internet connection be fixed the next day. When I returned the next day, it was still out. A technician came out and determined there was an issue with the modem in the room, so at 10:30am, I was able to start working. Also, a little annoying that the apparent timeshare salespeople accost you as you enter/exit the hotel. Next time, I'll spend a little more and pick another hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side facing The Flamingo
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Birdie92886
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for your comments Birdie92886. We are sorry to hear of your poor experience on your last visit. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.
Tallmadge, Ohio
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Bally's is really in the heart of The Strip. It is fairly compact, which aids in getting around. It has a full range of slots, table games, Keno, a poker room and other gaming opportunities. I didn't get to the tables because the slots were so friendly! It has a full range of restaurants with a wide price range. You must try the Sterling Brunch on Sundays (reservations).

Bally's has some of the friendliest and helpful employees in Vegas, and they will go out of their way to help you. It was just a wonderful experience!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lewiston, MN
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Ballys. Being our first trip to Las Vegas, we wanted a place in the middle of the action - Ballys is dead center. We arrived late on Saturday evening - when we went to check in, we were notified that all of the non-smoking single rooms were already taken. So without hesitation, they put us up in a non smoking deluxe suite for the same price. We found everything to be first rate at Ballys and had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: We stayed in both towers - both were very good. The higher floors have better views of the strip.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Greg B
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I visit Ballys very often and normally stay in the North Tower on the 18th floor, however, I had the privilege of "christening" a king room in the recently-remodeled Jubilee Tower and OMG, what a treat! The view of Paris' pool and the Eiffel Tower was simply awesome, as is the art deco decor....red/orange accented with chrome, and the room has a refrigerator! Love that! Plenty of table top space and seating, with a huge shower. There could be a bit more space on the vanity compared to the North Tower bathroom, but it's adequate. I'm all about light, and never close the drapes, so it was wonderful having the Aria and Planet Hollywood marquees bathe the room in red light, as was the reflection of sunrise on the Bellagio and surrounding buildings. I love Vegas and Ballys is the main reason....I feel like a queen, well-loved and served because there's nothing like going to my favorite slot and having Krystyna tell me she's happy to see me again and ask if I'm ready for my Tanquerey martini! That's family!

Room Tip: Jubilee is fabulous however, you can hear the thunder from the Bellagio fountain the same as you wou...
Green Features: Excellent and very much on point. No waste whatsoever.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank ilovenegril
Orange County, California
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I picked thsi place for price and location and both were great (right in the middle of the strip). Our room was lovely and very spacious. Everything worked great, we were the in Nov and they had scheduled pool maintanence so the pool was closed, you ahd to walk to Paris to use the pool (and the weather was nice enough we coudl have but I didn't want to make the walk, plus we stayed busy). Check in was pretty efficient, maybe 15 min wait but they had lots of staff working.The problem was about 4am, we were in bed. And our room (Can't recall 4 or 5th floor) was right above the after hours nightclub. So we were kept awake by the boom boom boom of the base for hours. I was so annoyed, contemplated calling to change rooms but did I really want to do that at 4am? Finally it stopped about 6 and we got some sleep. In the AM called and they switched our room, no questions asked. But my issue was if other rooms were available why would you put me in one that you know is horrible? So, just don't get a room over the after hours night club and this place is great. If they hadn't done that it probably woudl be 5 stars.

Room Tip: Get one higher up so you are not over the after hours nightclub!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubbles911
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed 3 nights, 1/26-29, in a renovated South Tower room...very nice, new furnishings, modern looking décor in the living area and bathroom...there is a mini fridge (located in the dresser), flat screen tv and the clock radio actually works...nice food court selection for cheap eats...Bally's location is very convenient to other casinos, though the construction out front makes getting to the Strip a little dicey, especially if you take the northern access, along Flamingo Road...you are literally just feet from cars speeding down the road.

Room Tip: South Tower rooms have a nice view of the Strip...the North Tower rooms can be a little noisy becaus...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo