“Nice casino/hotel center Strip”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #81 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at Bally's February 25-28th. We visit Las Vegas twice a year but had never stayed at Bally's and decided to give it a try. As frequent Cesar's customers we had three free nights plus a $50,00 casino credit which was nice.

Check in was pretty quick with no problems. The room was clean and a pretty good size. The bathroom was very nice. The room is pretty typical of a mid priced casino/hotel room in Las Vegas. Bally's is centrally located in the middle of the strip so visiting other casinos is easy. We've always enjoyed the casino because it is wide open and the employees are friendly. It always seems pretty busy with everyone having fun.

Currently access to the casino/hotel from the strip is challenging. The hotel sits about a block off the strip but there used to be people moving walkways and escalators to get you from the strip to the casino. They have all been torn out for future shops etc... To get to the casino you have to walk along the side street along the plywood boarded up fence. This area is pretty dark and deserted late at night. Access can also be made via the shopping walkway between the Paris casino and Bally's.

My biggest complaint about Bally's and all Cesar's casinos is the $20.00 resort fee they now charge. They previously advertised that there were no resort fees but now it seems like it is an added charge to make a little extra money. It covers free local phone calls and internet connection...although they don't have wireless internet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ballys is in the center of the strip, reasonable prices, clean and HUGE rooms. This was my 4th visit and i would not hesitate to go back. The Indigo rooms are great. They are right off the casino floor, so you dont have too far to go.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SNJ1
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ensure you stay at the Jubilee Tower otherwise the rooms would be very dated. Check-in was very slow and the staff were very unfriendly. The WIFI is the worst wifi i have ever come across in a very long time. Don't bother paying for it. The rooms were okay, nothing special. The gym is hidden in the basement of this properly and is very old and dated. The worst part is that they overcharged our card and we're still waiting for a refund, after a week….i have been to vegas before, i wouldn't stay here again. The only good thing is that parking was free and the location, just opposite the Bellagio.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Platinum2000
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear of your poor experience on your last visit. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

my husband and I travel to vegas every year and try to stay at a different property each time,this last visit we stayed at bally's in the new south tower....FANTASTIC room and view.we will most likely stay there again in the future.check in was fast,room was spotless and clean,very friendly staff,would highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ldypirate
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Out of all the Ceasar properties in Vegas, Ballys is third in quality and pricing from the bottom. It is short walk in from the strip. But it has direct access to Flamingo Ave.

No Express checkin available. When I finally got to the counter, I was told the only rooms available were with 2 beds. Not acceptable by me, I had specifically requested a room with 1 king bed on a high floor. Front Desk (FD) = "But sir, we do not guarantee your request. Pay extra and we will upgrade you to a room with 1 king bed." This got me upset. Me = " No I am not paying extra, I want a room with 1 bed" . FD = "Let me look again. We have a wonderful room available with 2 beds. How about it." Me = "No" FD = " Ok let me look again.Hey a wonderful room with 2 beds just opened up. How about it?" Now I was fuming mad. Me = " Hey, stop wasting my time. I want a room with 1 bed." FD = " But sir I am giving you room options and you are not choosing anything." Me = "Hey, you are just repeating the same thing over and over. You are not giving me an option. Let me speak to a supervisor."

That did the trick. I was assigned a huge suite with a King bed on the 17th floor. Moral of story = Stand your ground. Do not be a pushover. Sad that Ballys FD gives lots of hassles. The room was huge with Lots of mirrors. A wet bar, and a cozy makeup corner in the room. I was also given a $35 food credit.

The room looked out at the back of Paris Casino. The walkout glass doors to the balcony are permenantly sealed. The bad? Paris has a thunder show a few times a day. You can clearly hear this. And I was high up on the 17th floor. Cannot imagine how loud it is on lower floors.

Ballys does not have a good ambience. The casino itself is very dull. 90percent of its patrons are from overseas. The only good: it is connected to Paris. Paris casino is wonderful. Will only stay at Ballys if the price is right.

Room Tip: Stick to your guns. Ask for room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AAGreenTech
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I don't know how many time I have been to LV. I can tell you, The location is great, the rooms are big and clean, I stayed there for a dart tournament. I now recommend the place. The French burger place between Ballys and the Paris makes a tasty burger. I will be back this year!

Room Tip: Stayed in the North Tower It was good
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JimmyEatsitall
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I booked my adult children into Ballys as it was a cheaper than the MGM Grand where we stayed. Their room was bigger and the hotel better located on the strip. I was pleasantly surprised after reading some ordinary reviews. Check in and out was quick and the staff were friendly. They also had a view of the Bellagio fountains and we had the building next door. Would actually stay here myself next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family