Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
US$189
US$144
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$259
Agoda.com
US$79
US$45
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$208
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$112
US$58
US$21
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$90
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$112
Travelocity
19,610 results
All reviewsjubilee towernorth tower roomblttotal rewardsbellagio fountainsfood courtgreat location on the striptable gamesother hotelsnice roomhigh rollercoffee makersports bookan upgradeslot machinesplanet hollywoodstrip view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had arrived a little around 7 or 8pm. After finding the front desk, I noticed that the line was excessively long with not many people behind their counter working. Only about 2 for regular check-ins and 2 for those that had diamond level TR rewards cards. I'm not sure of the reasoning, but I don't really expect to be standing in line, waiting for 45 minutes to get to the counter, and another 10 or 15 to get the key. Again, I'm not sure if this is normal for them staff-wise, or if it was just a bad time to check-in. Not off to a good start there. The man checking us in was at least nice to us.

The room we had on the 16th floor (Indigo Tower) was a lot nicer than I had anticipated. A marble desk and a loveseat...can't complain about that! Our view was of the pool and some of the city streets, but not the strip. A couple of things I had noticed was some of the wallpaper peeling off in certain spots, but it was really no cause for concern. The staff is always very approachable and courteous. They were always able to tell I was looking lost, haha. The actual location of the hotel can't be beat, I say. It was close to a lot of other hotels, resorts, and attractions. It also connects to Paris (which is also an AMAZING hotel).

The gambling seems okay. What got me was the fact that every time I turned my head, I saw a group yelling in excitement at a table, or random slot machines blinking lights and making noises. I mean, it just seemed like a lot of people were winning a bit and enjoying themselves.

Now, here is where things start to go downhill for me. I had called twice prior to traveling out to Vegas, and clearly asked at check-in if all I had to pay was for the taxes on the room. We had gotten a comp for it since I was a part of the Total Rewards program. I was told "yes" all 3 times. I only came out there with a certain amount of play & food money, so I thought I was good to go for the rest of the trip. The next day, I see I got charged some random fee. Irritated, I had to drop everything I was doing to come back to the front desk to question this. The man at the desk had told me it was a "hold fee". To reiterate, after THREE TIMES OF ASKING, I was told the taxes was all I had to pay...NOTHING ELSE. Without question, the employee apologized and released the hold so I can spend money at their casino. I was unhappy with this, but they handled it professionally, so I let it slide and continued on my way to enjoy my time there.

The next day, I wake up and see in my account the money was given back. However, the next day, I see the fee is back on, along with ANOTHER charge of taxes I had originally paid upon check-in. Meanwhile, my account says the first time the "hold fee" was taken out is still "pending". Ultimately and unfortunately, I was charged twice for the "hold fee", and twice for the necessary taxes.

Again, I had to drop everything I'm doing, go all the way back to Bally's from Freemont Street, and get this dealt with. Livid at this point, I calmly presented the issue to the employee behind the desk (whom I later found out was a supervisor). His name is Dennis P. and he apologized profusely about the situation. My main thing at this point was that I check out the next day, and now I have no more money to spend so I can enjoy my time at Bally's. He understood the plight, but even after looking through the records, there was unfortunately nothing he could do. Even if he had released the funds back that second, I wouldn't have them before check out. He offered me two free tickets to see Jubilee! that night and a complementary stay at a suite next time I decide to come to Bally's (good for one year).

So, between my stupid bank and the hotel's mix-ups, my vacation wasn't necessarily "ruined". Though, I will say it was tainted. Average, hard working people like myself, vacation on a budget. And to have the budget messed with really throws a curveball at you. I usually stay at Bally's in Atlantic City (since it's closer to me) and always have an above average if not perfect experience there.

To that end, other than those issues, I enjoyed my stay at Bally's and I will at least give it another try.

1  Thank bradymatthew
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. While we are glad you enjoyed your room, we apologize for the frustrating issues regarding your bill. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We chose this hotel mostly because of its proximity to the Bellagio where we were watching "O". We were only planning to be in Vegas for about 12 hours so didn't want to spend a lot of time/money traveling to the show from another property. We got a pretty good deal At Bally's (considering the prices of other properties in the vicinity) - after all taxes and charges we paid $123 and got a $20 food/drink credit. The room had a king sized bed and plenty of space (including a sitting area) though the one thing I didn't like were the pillows. The room was great value for money - clean and sufficient for one night. We asked for a room away from the elevators so that we could have a quiet night. However it does feel very dated. Bally's is a gaming hotel which means that the smell of years of cigarette smoke embedded in the hotel lobby carpets hits you as soon as you enter. Check-in also took quite a long time (though three years ago when we stayed at the Venetian it wasn't very different). The carpet in the Indigo tower on our floor looked about 30 years old. The sofa and ottoman at the foot of the bed were upholstered with blue velvet. Would I stay at Bally's again? Probably not if I weren't seeing a show nearby. But, it served its purpose for one night.

Room Tip: Room 2012 in the Indigo Tower was quiet.
1  Thank fsanam

Thank you for your review. We are please to hear that you were happy with your overall stay, but do apologize for the delays at check in. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My sister and I vacationed in June and met up with friends in Las Vegas. William is the hotel manager and was wonderful. He did everything to make sure our room was great. George at the Bally's Total Rewards is awesome. If you need anything, see him. I stopped in the Diamond check in area to talk to a casino host because Total Rewards advised me to before I bought a show ticket in case it could be comped. The second I met Nancy, I thought she was beautiful, and her personality was too. I felt like I was family and had known her my whole life. She was sweet, kind, gracious, professional, knowledgeable, honest, caring, and spent a lot of time with me. She really listened to me. She exceeded my expectations and helped me out more so than anyone at any other property. I had never met her before, and I did not even look nice because I had just come in from the pool. Despite my appearance, Nancy treated me with the utmost respect and made me feel valued for being 7 Star. This is my 5th time to Vegas this year. In April I stayed at Paris, and I had specifically asked for a casino host because I had many questions. Attempts were made to answer my questions, but I mostly got the run around and was told, "I don't want to give you the wrong information," so I didn't get much information. Then I had to sit on the phone forever and kept getting different information from everyone I spoke to. After being frustrated, I went to Planet Hollywood to find my friend’s casino host so she could help me because the hosts at Paris did not help me to my satisfaction. If only I would have met Nancy then! She is a dear lady, and as far as I’m concerned, the most valuable employee at Bally's. I encourage anyone to seek her out if you need a casino host. She's the best!

Room Tip: The Jubilee Tower is the absolute best! I was not able to stay there during this trip, but we still had a blast!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Would like coffee in the room. Also reduce the price of beer and drinks at the pool. We will return to Bally's in Las Vegas nv. We would recommend Bally's of Las Vegas to family and friends. We had fun

Room Tip: We will return. Everything was to our liking. Would like coffee in our room. And reduce the prices of beer and drinks at the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thanks for your review! We are delighted that you had fun and we appreciate your suggestions. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Won't be back. You know how when you arrive by plane in Mexico and the time share people will not let you alone. Oh wait it is a total rewards property. The time share people get in your face and will not go away. Room was nice no coffee maker, wifi was not free. could not check out on the television and really loud a/c. Just really disappointing We actually came home a day early

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will work on ensuring all our guests have a memorable experience.