“Great location- great service-very clean-highly recommended!”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #28 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone ok with staying off the strip. They provide a very reliable shuttle service to and from the airport and the strip. The shuttle doesn't start until 5 am but we had to be at the airport at 4 am and they arranged to get a shuttle earlier!!! Their breakfast was wonderful and always full- their rooms are roomy. We had a view of the strip with mountains behind and it was beautiful. The staff was friendly- they had a nice fitness and business center. I'm from the Midwest so I get excited when I see an in and out burgers and it is across the street (very walkable). I will be back And I can't wait!!! Stay here --management does an awesome job--- I applaud them!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Dudnpep

Reviewed 2 September 2011

check in was great ,bar and breakfast area was very clean, but the carpet in the room was not very clean ,also breakfast stops at 10am was shouted at for asking for more bread at 5mins to ten ,i told the server we had been down for breakfast at 9:45am and the had been waiting for her to come out and refill the bread bin ,she went and got more bread with much reluctance.This hampton inn is a far cry from the last 2 hamptons i have stayed in and i will not be returning to this one.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lfcNorthernIreland
Reviewed 26 August 2011

With have decided to stay there after ready all the negative reviews about the hotels of the strip.
This was indeed a good decision:
- free Wifi with good speed
- free breakfast with fresh waffles and fruits
- quiet
- very friendly staff
- the rooms are up to date (flat screen, etc ...)

By car we could reach the strip within 5 min.

Maybe not exceptional for a long stay, but very convinient for 1-2 days stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Discus69
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This is a run-of-the-mill Hampton Inn. There is a bar in the lobby - that is the only notable exception. Room is adequate with nice big LCD and easily 5 different HBO channels. Wifi is good and fast. Pool is decent.

Bathroom tub could use renovation - cracks in the fiberglass etc. Tub wouldn't drain. I complained and they fixed promptly. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Gas station, Jack-in-the-box in the parking lot. In-and-Out across the street. Would not walk around after dark. About 1/2 mile to the strip. Hotel has van service.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Mike W
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2011

Dear Jetpilot_DAD
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay in our hotel.
I would like to comment on one issue you raised in your review. Our bathtub walls are a cream color wrap around, with a few veins of light orange lines that run through the design in order to create a marble like effect. The contrast between the cream color and light orange veins might have created an impression of cracks in the wrap. I personally checked the room you stayed in and the wrap is intact with no cracks what so ever.
Again thank you for your review.
Yair Eldar
Hampton Inn/ Tropicana

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I was in for business and was so grateful for the individual attention I received. The front desk saw that I was tired and offered me something to drink as well as assuring me that they would take good care of me. I had a very nice sized room that was perfectly air conditioned when I entered. It felt great. I went to the gym that was fully equipped and very clean. The Business Center was wonderful and very convenient. I really loved all the staff who said "hello" to be in the hallways and seemed to make an effort to make my stay enjoyable. I would highly recommend the hotel. Its individual attention and closeness to the Las Vegas Strip make it better than any other hotel I stayed at, especially for its reasonable price. DEFINITELY A GREAT PLACE TO STAY!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Our recent stay at the Hampton Inn Tropicana Las Vegas was spectacular!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This hotel was close to the strip (less than a $10 cab ride and possibly within walking distance if you don't mind crossing a busy intersection) and across the street from the extremely affordable and delicious In-N-Out Burger!!! In addition to its location, this hotel also offers free wi-fi and a complementary breakfast, complete with fresh waffles and many other things to choose from! I would stay here again as an affordable alternative to the strip.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family