I got this hotel through a Priceline bid for a 3-day (Friday through Monday) weekend in August for >$50/night. (Check betterbidding.com for details; it was likely I'd have gotten either this one or the Holiday Inn Express.)
First, the location is good, but not great. There's really nothing Strip-wise that's walking distance, although I believe that there are complimentary shuttles to both the airport and the Strip. As a driver, it pleased me to find a covered parking garage.
Check-in on a Friday evening was easy. I asked for a higher-floor room that was quiet and away from traffic noise, and that's exactly what I got. Top floor, facing the pool. Unfortunately, they choose not to cool the elevators and hallways, so the route to the room was uncomfortable.
The room itself was nice. A decent size with a large desk. The TV is a decent-sized flat screen and they provide a channel guide. The channel selection is generous. The bed was comfortable. The sheets were clean and the comforter was not skimpy.
Pretty standard bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom, which had a good-sized counter and towels plusher and softer than the 4-star hotel I'd stayed at the week prior. And there were plenty of them. Unfortunately, I saw an are of mold/mildew near the floor behind the door.
Unfortunately, in hotels of this genre, the air conditioning is provided by an under-window unit. And while this one functioned well, it was quit noisy. There was some other steady background noise when that unit went off, and I couldn't figure out if it was the fan in the bathroom or just too close to a roof HVAC unit.
The (free) breakfast in the morning was decent. The eggs were OK, but some of the meat selections were less than palatable. The muffins were plenty tasty.
The in-room wifi worked well and was reasonably fast. The Wake Up button on the phone didn't work, so I had to call the front desk to get a wake up call. Once in a while I heard noise from outside, but it was mostly nice and quiet, good when I want to sleep.
Staff service was quick and friendly. Unfortunately, while they have a small store section where you can buy not only drinks, but food (such as sandwiches and ice cream), they don't carry the local paper. The gas station right next door does. In fact, lots of food and cheap eats are within walking distance, including an In N Out and a Denny's .
If you have a car, you're right next to the Tropicana on-ramp, and it's 2 minutes to mid-Strip, which is tremendously convenient.
All-in-all, it's a really good value if you can get a decent price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Entertainment Capital of the world! The heart of the Las Vegas Strip is just 1/4 mile from our fabulous Las Vegas hotel! Hampton Inn Tropicana Hotel near I-15 is the premier choice for business, group, leisure and international travelers seeking value for their Las Vegas hotel accommodations. This Hilton Family of Brands Hotel is family-friendly hotel and is conveniently located a quarter mile (walking distance) from the excitement of the Las Vegas Strip, and just minutes away from McCarran International Airport. Forget about paying those expensive cab fares, our hotel provides Complimentary Shuttle Service to the airport and the Strip. Call when you arrive and we will come and pick you up. The shuttle runs on the hour from 5:00am to 2:00am. Guests can enjoy all that Las Vegas has to offer right from our hotel including the endless shopping, sports, gaming and live shows – you’ll find something for everyone. Great dining is also a short walk from our Las Vegas hotel. Our classy Las Vegas hotel features 322 deluxe guest rooms, including 136 doubles and 6 spacious suites, and almost 10,000 sq feet of meeting space giving guests the space they need to host a successful Las Vegas Meeting. A complimentary business center, newly renovated fitness center and beautiful pool compliment your experience at this Las Vegas hotel. Guests from all around the world appreciate our prime Las Vegas location, friendly accommodations and rewarding amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Hampton Inn Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Tropicana Las Vegas