“Good, But Could of Been Better”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #27 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The whole experience at this hotel was good, from food to room to fitness center. However, the only downfall was the air condition, and because it was up 110 degrees during my stay, it became unpleasant at times. Nevertheless it was good overall.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Tropicana

Reviewed 4 July 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel during our visit to Las Vegas. Travelling from the east coast of Canada, it was essential for us to have a facility that was safe and located very close to the strip. Our overalll impression of this facility is consistent with a majority of the reviewers (i.e., excellent) with a rating of 10/10. The property is very well located close to the freeway and has all the amenities. The staff was very pleasant and always eager to help. The room was very clean and well prepared for our arrival. The complimentary breakfast was the best highlight for a great way to start the day with excellent choices of hot and cold items and always well stocked. The location of the facility provides very easy access to the strip even late at night. We did not use the complimentary shuttle service but it is certainly a great value addition to choosing this hotel. Overall, my family and I were very impressed with the Hampton Inn at Tropicana and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My family flew in and out of LV for our two week vacation of the southwest. We stayed at this hotel the day we flew into town and really enjoyed it. In fact, my husband suggested that we cancel our reservation for a strip hotel our last night before flying home and just stay at the Hampton Inn again. I should have listened to him because we attempted to check into a hotel on the strip our last night and after waiting 1/2 hour and probably had to wait another 1/2 hour just to check in, we bailed and headed right back to the Hampton Inn.

WHAT I LOVED ABOUT IT: The location is ideal. It's located about two blocks from the southern part of the Strip. They have a shuttle to take your the strip or you can walk if you choose. Being away from the strip, you don't have the craziness that you find on the strip.

Check in and out was a breeze! The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

Nice lobby with comfortable chairs and tables. There's a small and tasteful bar should you want a drink. The colors are used in the décor are rich and very nice.

Nice pool and pool area! Though the pool is on the smaller side, it met our needs. There are beautiful lounge chairs around the pool area and covered patio along with tables. Many folks took advantage of the comfort to simply relax. It was in the shade when we used it - late afternoon, but there is a covered patio that would certainly offer shade during the hot hours of the day. The pool also has a waterfall that they turn on during the mornings. There is also a side door that takes you to the elevator from the pool, thus avoiding the lobby if you choose.

The rooms are nice sized and were certainly quiet when we were there. Others mentioned the airconditioner, but we didn't have an issue with ours. Slept without a problem.

Parking is right outside and there are side entrances which make it easy to get to your room quickly.

Free breakfast is always nice and theirs had a nice selection.

We liked the folks who stayed here. Like us, they weren't looking for a loud experience, but a hotel which offers quality service in a more relaxed and quiet environment.

DIDN'T LIKE: The fact that they turned off the waterfall by the pool so early in the day. I can understand turning it off in the evening to make it quieter, but before 5pm?

For those who want to experience LV without the headaches of the big strip hotels, stay here. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and facing the Strip. You can get a nice view!
Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GwenP
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The location is good; breakfast is also good. There were many guests in there. There was one staff person at the reception; and rarely any staff person to be seen in the breakfast area. We only stayed for one night, and would recommend this place, if you like to be close to the strip, have a free breakfast/internet and not go to a Casino type location.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I am a frequent traveler and almost always stay at Hampton Inn for one reason. Consistency.
I was highly disappointed with my experience here, thank God I only had to stay one night.
Usually the king suites have mini fridges-Not Here.
The bathroom has some weird stuff on the wall...I can't believe it hadn't been cleaned up.
The air conditioning unit was so obnoxiously loud and it didn't even put out cool air. It's VEGAS people! 100 degrees! I mean, why doesn't this place have central air anyway?
So I had to decide, no sleep due to the noise, or no sleep due to hot....I chose hot.
The walls are so paper thin I had to listen to an entire phone conversation in the room next door at 5am.
Something toxic was in this room. Not sure where it was coming from but I could barely open my eyes without them stinging constantly.
Very frustrating.
Luckily, the front desk was VERY nice and held up their end of the bargain for satisfaction guarantees room or its free. It was nice to have that service. The customer service is the only good memory I will have from this trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank lpaige23
Y_Eldar, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your visit. We take our guest's comments very seriously and you are indeed correct regarding the intensive heat this summer. We are in the process of replacing all of the air conditioners at the hotel. Our king suites have full size refrigerators and we do have small refrigerators available, upon request. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations but are glad that our front desk was nice and took care of your stay for you.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here for two days. Good points: nice pool for a Hampton Inn. Breakfast with many selections. Parking garage is just steps away from the hotel. Friendly staff. Off the Strip. Not so good: AC is LOUD. Because of the price, this hotel is just makes a 4.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel has a nice location that's easy to get to and just off the strip (but you'll have to drive to the strip as the road there is highway-like!).

The room was large and clean. Certainly a good value for the money.

The pool was very cold but the pool area seemed to be in the shade most of the day so it was a perfect spot for lounging on the very comfy pool chairs and reading or taking a nap. There was also a hot tub although I didn't try it out.

There were a few hiccups while we stayed for two days though. The air conditioner in our room would make this pulsating noise every 10 minutes or so for about 10 minutes at a time, which left me with a headache after the first night. I called the next day but the front desk phone rang 40ish times and when someone did finally pick up, they didn't say anything and simply placed the hold music on. After 10 minutes or so of that, I hung up and dealt with the pulsating for the second night.

We also had a problem with the keycard not wanting to open our room door half the time, resulting in my having to go down to the reception desk to get them re-keyed. This happened to someone else in our party who was staying there as well so it wasn't us and none of us were putting the keys by any cell phones.

The pool was also without towels when I arrived in the afternoon and they were not replenished for over an hour. Luckily I had brought down my bath towel.

Lastly, while I appreciated the free breakfast (egg, sausage, muffins, toast, bagels, fruit...no bacon....lol), the room that they put all the food in was way too small to accomodate all of the hotel guests comfortably and it was difficult to walk around, let alone not spill your plate of food. However, there was plenty of seating for breakfast.

Oh - and parking was easy, shady, and free. Can't beat that :)

Overall, I'd consider staying here again if it was considerably cheaper than somewhere on the strip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate our guest's comments and take them seriously. We have addressed the issues of air conditioning, front desk phone calls, keycards and pool towels with the respected departments. It is only from guest as yourself that we are able to address and correct these items. We hope that you will consider our hotel in the future. We are replacing the air conditioners, adding more staff and realized that there was an issue with the key card machine. We are also purchasing more pool towels. Please come back and see us again.