“Good location and excellent service”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #29 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hampton Inn Tropicana is so close to the strip, you can walk, take the complimentary shuttle or you can even take the bus.
The staff were all helpful especially Keven Jackson. He was attentive to guest needs even you don't ask for his help, he just observe you and he knows that you are having problem, like when I was making my waffle. The first morning I met him I told him we were going to exercise and every morning after that he asked me if I did my workout. Keven is a great asset to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool.
2  Thank Elsa0818

Reviewed 25 May 2014

There was an incident the first morning at breakfast. I arrived there at 0950AM. A slightly tall lady, a guy named Aaron, and a shorter Spanish lady were clearing the breakfast area. They were moving in front and behind me and others attempting to shut the breakfast down. They were taking away food items before it was time. I questioned the first lady she said they are not but, continued to do so. The gentleman running the buffet was guarding the sliding door. I questioned him, he stated the buffet shuts down at 10...I said why are you rushing in and taking items away when people are still getting their breakfast . He said nothing...just smiled. I was having trouble with the waffle machine. I stayed at Hampton Inn many times. This particular waffle machine was burning the waffles because the mix was runny and was without any substance/body. It was very brown and looked like road kill. I showed it to the guy running the buffet and said something is wrong with the mix or machine. I asked how did that look to him...he smiled a fake smile and said that looks real fine...nodding his head in mockery. There was another gentleman there named Keven Jackson. He saw it and said that is not fine, I'll make you a fresh one...the batter is runny. I said thanks...Keven delivered the waffle and we had a talk. Keven was the only one out of the four people working the buffet who knows about customer service. The other three didn't care one bit and clearly didn't want to be there. I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Biloxi for four months...I know about great customer service...they have it. Call them and ask Judy the manager about. There were other highlights while staying there. Rodell at the front desk and the Spanish driver of the shuttle I am sorry, I can't remember his name but he was awesome as well. The last evening there the evening on the 17th ...the bartender was friendly, professional, and awesome in general...Joe was his name I believe.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Alan F
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the standards of our hotel. We have followed up with all of the individuals which you noted needed special attention. We have made changes to our breakfast prodigal according to your suggestions. We are glad that Keven was able to assist you and appreciate your kind comments about Rodel, Tony and Ari. We hope that you will try us again the next time that you are in Las Vegas and note our improvements.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great attention from the staff! Even though we had to left the hotel before the airport shuttle service was available, the reception staff made the arrengement of giving us a ride. Also the Internet service was really useful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Priscila V
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I can't believe this was a Hampton Inn. It was dirty, plain nasty. We started our over two week western vacation at this hotel and had planned to end our 3200 mile loop of the mountain states here. We would not have stayed there the second time for free. Luckily the other Hilton Hotels we stayed in during our vacation weren't like this one. We had no tissues, no soap, and dirty towels in our room. The exercise room was so dirty that I won't use it. We mentioned our problems to the front desk and they just "Oh my goodness". In order to get the soap and tissues, we had to track down one of the maids. It seems neither of the two maids we found spoke a word of English. The word "soap" was foreign to them. We pointed to soap on her cart and that is how we got soap. Looked like illegal aliens to me.

What every you do - DO NOT STAY HERE. This is the only negative review we have ever given a hotel. We are easy going but this hotel was the pits.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. We are a Hilton Honors customer and expect a lot more from Hilton than this.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Robert N

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the standards of our hotel. We have followed up with all of the departments which you noted needed special attention. We would like to discuss further your issues and learn more regarding these disappointments. Our Hilton members are very important to us and it is our goal to always please our guests. We apologize that we did not live up to your reasonable expectations.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hampton Inn Tropicana is nice place to stay. The best part is they have a bar and pool. The best bartender, Bridgette, makes you feel at home. She always has a smile and great customer service. Be sure to stop and have a drink with her.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Tropicana for 4 days in May and really enjoyed the stay. The entire property was very clean and well kept. Our room was really nice, very clean and smelled great!. The staff including the housekeepers, front desk and especially Keven Jackson, the breakfast host, were outstanding. Keven was just great!! His friendly welcoming smile each morning was very comforting and his sense of humor kept a smile on my face the entire time!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean welcoming hotel with great staff, just off the strip but close enough to get there easily. Also forgot to mention they have a shuttle to the strip and the airport.

Room Tip: stayed on the forth floor in the front of the building and it was super quiet. No outside noise at...
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great service, and great people! Room was nice and clean and a home away from home! Breakfast we was great along with the staff that served us. Will book this hotel again instead of staying on the expensive strip!

• Stayed: May 2014