“I had a great stay”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #29 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel staff was excellent, the room was clean, it's close enough to the strip and the transportation to and from the airport was prompt and safe. I was very pleased with everything about this stay. Joanie was especially helpful and good to me.

Room Tip: Ask for a second or third floor that overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Tropicana

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was great and I got everything I expected from the Hampton. Would definitely stay here again if I didn't care staying on the strip and wanted to save money. The airport shuttle is a little slow to pick you up, so I'd take a cab next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had to wait for the airport shuttle for more than an hour, but driver was very helpful. Location is great and staff were courteous and helpful especially the shuttle driver. Complimentary breakfast was adequate. The only drawback is the cleanliness of the hotel. One time, the elevator had 2 coffee cups on the floor. The carpets seemed old and not recently vacuumed. Room was OK but again, the corridors seemed dirty.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank oggieonyc
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We strive to continually improve our service and appreciate your time in letting us know. We apologize that you had to wait for the shuttle. It departs the hotel at the top of the hour, when guests call for pick up. And we are partnering with the Las Vegas metro in efforts to confirm that our guests are taken care of in Las Vegas. Renovation are in the near future and we hope that you enjoyed your time in Las Vegas and look forward to having you back again next time.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am a frequent traveler for business, but my wife and I took a quick trip to Vegas just to get away. The Hampton Inn is always nice, but at this particular location the service was great. One individual really stood out, Keven Jackson, was friendly and insightful, he greeted us each morning as if we were old friends! I would return to this hotel because of Keven's service alone!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. We appreciate your kind comments regarding Keven and hope that we can help you enjoy your next visit to Las Vegas again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hampton Inn Tropicana is so close to the strip, you can walk, take the complimentary shuttle or you can even take the bus.
The staff were all helpful especially Keven Jackson. He was attentive to guest needs even you don't ask for his help, he just observe you and he knows that you are having problem, like when I was making my waffle. The first morning I met him I told him we were going to exercise and every morning after that he asked me if I did my workout. Keven is a great asset to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool.
2  Thank Elsa0818
Reviewed 25 May 2014

There was an incident the first morning at breakfast. I arrived there at 0950AM. A slightly tall lady, a guy named Aaron, and a shorter Spanish lady were clearing the breakfast area. They were moving in front and behind me and others attempting to shut the breakfast down. They were taking away food items before it was time. I questioned the first lady she said they are not but, continued to do so. The gentleman running the buffet was guarding the sliding door. I questioned him, he stated the buffet shuts down at 10...I said why are you rushing in and taking items away when people are still getting their breakfast . He said nothing...just smiled. I was having trouble with the waffle machine. I stayed at Hampton Inn many times. This particular waffle machine was burning the waffles because the mix was runny and was without any substance/body. It was very brown and looked like road kill. I showed it to the guy running the buffet and said something is wrong with the mix or machine. I asked how did that look to him...he smiled a fake smile and said that looks real fine...nodding his head in mockery. There was another gentleman there named Keven Jackson. He saw it and said that is not fine, I'll make you a fresh one...the batter is runny. I said thanks...Keven delivered the waffle and we had a talk. Keven was the only one out of the four people working the buffet who knows about customer service. The other three didn't care one bit and clearly didn't want to be there. I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Biloxi for four months...I know about great customer service...they have it. Call them and ask Judy the manager about. There were other highlights while staying there. Rodell at the front desk and the Spanish driver of the shuttle I am sorry, I can't remember his name but he was awesome as well. The last evening there the evening on the 17th ...the bartender was friendly, professional, and awesome in general...Joe was his name I believe.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Alan F

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the standards of our hotel. We have followed up with all of the individuals which you noted needed special attention. We have made changes to our breakfast prodigal according to your suggestions. We are glad that Keven was able to assist you and appreciate your kind comments about Rodel, Tony and Ari. We hope that you will try us again the next time that you are in Las Vegas and note our improvements.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great attention from the staff! Even though we had to left the hotel before the airport shuttle service was available, the reception staff made the arrengement of giving us a ride. Also the Internet service was really useful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton