“Family trip”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #29 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My hubby didn't want to stay on the strip; so I found this jewel which is REALLY close to the strip. The hotel seems to be fairly new and all of the staff were VERY professional. Our favorite staff hands down was Keenen Jackson. He joked with all of us and made our stay fun!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

When we got to our room,the air was blowing hot! The service guy came right away. It couldn't be fixed. So we moved rooms. The pool was so cold. It was 104 degrees outside. But the pool made my grandkids chiver. The the gate to the pool was broke. We had to tell 3 different people about it. Then it got fixed. But a kid could have got inthere .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I like it , quiet and friendly staff, no slot machines and nice breakfast with clean pool, Safe for kid have depth of pool max 5 ft only. nice machine for exercise, close to main strip if you like to visit. Will recommend to family specially Muslim families.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had prearranged and paid for a bottle Champagne and a box of Chocolates to be in the room upon arrival for our Anniversary and as a surprise to me wife. We were disappointed since they were not provided and we feel they could have handled the situation better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Mark L
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the standards of our hotel. I know that the Front Office Manager has reached out to you and remedied the situation. We know that we cannot repeat the past, but hope that you are satisfied and will give us another chance in the future. We would like to make it up to you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My trip started a little bumpy simply because the free airport shuttle took a little bit longer to get to me. However after arriving, and shown my room, I noticed I was on the street side with lots of noise. They easily relocated me to another room, though not quite as spacious as our handicapped accessible, no smoking room, it served its purpose and was equally nice.. The free breakfast provided a good selection to choose from and was very good. I especially liked the range of coffees to choose from. Kevin Jackson went out of his way to assist me and was most hospitable! It is really close to the strip and provided enormous savings to the consumer while adding good value for above average accommodations. Great choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our stay was great. Everything was above expectation. Our favorite part of the stay was during breakfast (excellent spread) because we had the best time with one of the staff, Keven Jackson. He was a riot and so helpful for advice. He was free entertainment, too! We real enjoyed the stay and would recommend this place to anyone. It was clean, friendly, and quiet when it was time to catch some zzzz's. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Recently my partner, my mother and myself went to Vegas for a weekend, we are from Australia and went where we know best...to the bar. We met Tony the bartender who provided us with the best customer service we have ever experienced. He was so welcoming we decided to spend half the night with him rather than hit the strip. He made our night. Thanks Tony, Aunty Josie (haha) sends her love too!
Overall the hotel itself was great, found everyone to me lovely. Just a Pitty we missed the breakfast from being a little...unable to move.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family