“Most enjoyable”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #30 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

All the staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfasts were always hot and tasty. Loved the pool, waterfall, and spa. This was my second stay there and it was just as wonderful as the first.
Keven Jackson pleasantly greeted us each morning and helped with the breakfast selections.
He always had a smile on and was very helpful.

Room Tip: The 5th floor, halfway between the elevator and the ice machine, overlooking the pool area. Very ni...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cyndee D

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just wanted to drop a note to say how pleased I was with my 10 day stay at the Hampton Inn! People like Keven J. who greeted me for breakfast with the offer of PB&J Waffles which I declined because I had my own syrup recipe... but when he offered the banana waffle I could not resist! It was delicious! The next day he treated to me banana and almond waffle! It was great that with the variety of items on the breakfast menu, like fresh fruit, toast, bagles, yogurt, eggs (various combinations) and meats (bacon, turkey sausage *FAVORITE* and sausage patties) we could keep the basics interesting.
I also want to tell you about MY driver Greg! Greg was very helpful, polite and professional!
He was enthusiastic and mad me feel important during my transport to the conference areas in the mornings!

Overall, The rooms were really nice and maintained by friendly and helpful housekeeping staff daily!
The front desk was helpful in supplying some of the amenities of home (a fridge in my room) :-)
The pool area was clean and water was crystal clear!
Thanks for being my Home away from home!
~BikerBae

2  Thank BikerBae
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was in town for a business trip and my reservations were made for me in advance. I had never stayed off the strip in Las Vegas before, but for this trip I am glad I did.
I learned that each tourist spends approximately $125/day in Las Vegas and because I was off the strip ... and it was not in the budget I was able to only spend 100 misc cash (casino) in 10 days... Wooo Hooo that's only $10 dollars a day.
I was here for 2 consecutive conferences which were hosted at other hotels and the shuttle service got us there each day on time.
Every shuttle driver had different personalities and educated us a little bit more during our stay.
Housekeeping cleaned the rooms and made the beds EVERYDAY!!! Immaculate!
Breakfast was DELISH!!! The staff even shared and prepared their favorite Waffle recipes! I had the Banana waffle and shared with them my Syrup waffle!
Upon check in they gave us a complimentary drink and the Bartender (the evening of July1) was amazing and the drink was far better than expected... Not everyone can fix a Premium Long Island Ice Tea! <3
Front desk was helpful and provided a refridgerator upon request due to my stay being 10 days... this helped me save a bit of cash!
The pool area was clean and there were plenty of towels... NO COMPLAINTS!
Thank you Hampton Inn for being my home away from home for 10 days!

2  Thank Antoinette T
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived at this Hampton at 10PM and there was only one small parking place left. We had no delays in checking in and our room was clean with everything in working order. The manager had told me that the hotel was booked, so we went down a little early for breakfast. The breakfast was hot and fresh and the tables were clean. However, when we left the breakfast area and when we checked out 30 minutes later, there was a huge line for the food. All in all a good experience, but next time we will try a different place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CincyBill
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The staff was overall amazing. Their hospitality made my family and I stay here great. Two staff members that are over the top were Janet & Kevin from the complimentary breakfast. They were so generous and went above and beyond to meet our needs. They were always helping out the guest, while keeping a clean environment! I highly recommend this hotel for their outstanding service of staff & location.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Larissa0826
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My boyfriend and I had such a great time at the hotel, very family friendly and great lobby! The breakfast was awesome they had great selections and the staff was really welcoming. The pool was clean and they had plenty of chairs for all the guest, i will recommend this hotel to everyone-Michael

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It is just a short walk to the strip. The rooms are clean, the pool is very nice with great chaise lounges, and Tony is the best bartender! No fridge in the rooms, so remember to ask for one. Nice place that is clean and a little fresher than the strip.

2  Thank Carol K