“Nice hotel off the strip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Tropicana

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #26 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Thousand Oaks, California
“Nice hotel off the strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was my first stay at a Hampton Inn. Hotel shuttle driver was very nice and helpful. My room was clean and cool; however the smoke detector was chirping so much that I had to have engineering come to the room to fix it, which means I did not get my much needed nap after a 6 hr drive. The front desk crew seemed understaffed and overwhelmed when I went down there to tell them about it. Everything else (pool, breakfast, etc) was good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

By far after being stranded in Vegas for a week and staying at a multitude of hotels this place by far has been the nicest of them all. Cleanliness, hospitality, pool with waterfall, bright decor, ammenities such as breakfast, printing, computer lab, and much more. Thanks a bunch to a dedicated staff who has made us feel at home while we are stranded away from ours.

Room Tip: I hear the 6th floor is the best with view of Vegas! I have the view of the waterfall above the poo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christy P
La Vega, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stay at this hotel quite a bit and it's always a great experience. The staff is so friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I would like to give a shout out to Kevin Jackson, this morning I'd just missed breakfast and was pouring myself some coffee when he saw me and told me to wait a minute and came back with a tray full of breakfast goodies. This was so thoughtful and made my day! Thank you :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank S C
Ventura, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here during a recent overnight trip to Las Vegas. We took advantage of the hotel's shuttle from the Las Vegas airport, and the shuttle driver was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The front desk crew seemed a little overwhelmed and inexperienced but check-in was fine. Our room was clean and the air-conditioner worked well, which was important as it was over 100 degrees outside during our stay. The only complaint we had about the room was the lack of a fan in the bathroom. The hotel is not too far from the Strip but it is not a pleasant walk - very noisy, lots of traffic and less than pretty alleyways to cross. The walk might have seemed shorter if it was not as hot outside.Breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel in a long time - very generous and lots of variety, and the breakfast room was clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The hotel was reasonably priced, staff was accommodating, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank LauraBtraveling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn a couple times now. After having such a great experience on both occasions, I felt the need to right a review. Even though all hotel staff were great, I need to mention Keven Jackson was absolutely exceptional! Not only was he putting smiles on everyone's face around us with his humor while cleaning tables during breakfast, he was very informative on ANY questions I had about the local area. Very kind, attentive, helpful, clean, respectful, etc, etc. I highly recommend staying here on your business or family travels!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Craig H
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

All the staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfasts were always hot and tasty. Loved the pool, waterfall, and spa. This was my second stay there and it was just as wonderful as the first.
Keven Jackson pleasantly greeted us each morning and helped with the breakfast selections.
He always had a smile on and was very helpful.

Room Tip: The 5th floor, halfway between the elevator and the ice machine, overlooking the pool area. Very ni...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cyndee D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just wanted to drop a note to say how pleased I was with my 10 day stay at the Hampton Inn! People like Keven J. who greeted me for breakfast with the offer of PB&J Waffles which I declined because I had my own syrup recipe... but when he offered the banana waffle I could not resist! It was delicious! The next day he treated to me banana and almond waffle! It was great that with the variety of items on the breakfast menu, like fresh fruit, toast, bagles, yogurt, eggs (various combinations) and meats (bacon, turkey sausage *FAVORITE* and sausage patties) we could keep the basics interesting.
I also want to tell you about MY driver Greg! Greg was very helpful, polite and professional!
He was enthusiastic and mad me feel important during my transport to the conference areas in the mornings!

Overall, The rooms were really nice and maintained by friendly and helpful housekeeping staff daily!
The front desk was helpful in supplying some of the amenities of home (a fridge in my room) :-)
The pool area was clean and water was crystal clear!
Thanks for being my Home away from home!
~BikerBae