“Window to the wall and no towels!!”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #29 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Really ,first time in my life I got this terrible service !!!
We came to Vegas for the 4th of July for three nights. I asked for an upper level room, if possible.
And....we got room with no view !!! I mean window completely blocked by wall !!!!
But room was nice and clean. Every day of our stay we had to ask ( to force !!!) the staff to change our towels and toiletries, and clean the room! We paid a pretty high price for this room, and we expected clean room with fresh towels and soap every day.
This is the first time in my life that we experienced no service at all! Absolutely no care for customers! Is there something wrong with this room??? Or house keeping manager? Or...? Just stay away from this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask room with no wall behind it !! and ask towels,soap,shampoo etc or bring it with you !!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Natallly
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff. I wanted to personally apologize for your experience that you had while staying with us. I have forwarded this review to all the managers regarding all of the issues you mentioned. I would like you to come back so we can show you that we can make it right. If you have any further comments or questions please do not hesitate on contacting me via e-mail or by phone.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Kevin Jackson is amazing with his customer service. And his attention to details. I enjoyed my stay. And will recommend you hotel to anyone that I know will be coming to Las Vegas and needs a nice, good and clean hotel with excellent staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alice S
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was very good... from Jay at the front desk to Kevin in the breakfast area. Very attentive, clean and well kept property. Close to I15, the strip, and most important In-n-Out. Pool area has cabanas and not overcrowded.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was my first stay at a Hampton Inn. Hotel shuttle driver was very nice and helpful. My room was clean and cool; however the smoke detector was chirping so much that I had to have engineering come to the room to fix it, which means I did not get my much needed nap after a 6 hr drive. The front desk crew seemed understaffed and overwhelmed when I went down there to tell them about it. Everything else (pool, breakfast, etc) was good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug K
Reviewed 3 July 2014

By far after being stranded in Vegas for a week and staying at a multitude of hotels this place by far has been the nicest of them all. Cleanliness, hospitality, pool with waterfall, bright decor, ammenities such as breakfast, printing, computer lab, and much more. Thanks a bunch to a dedicated staff who has made us feel at home while we are stranded away from ours.

Room Tip: I hear the 6th floor is the best with view of Vegas! I have the view of the waterfall above the poo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christy P
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stay at this hotel quite a bit and it's always a great experience. The staff is so friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I would like to give a shout out to Kevin Jackson, this morning I'd just missed breakfast and was pouring myself some coffee when he saw me and told me to wait a minute and came back with a tray full of breakfast goodies. This was so thoughtful and made my day! Thank you :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank S C
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here during a recent overnight trip to Las Vegas. We took advantage of the hotel's shuttle from the Las Vegas airport, and the shuttle driver was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The front desk crew seemed a little overwhelmed and inexperienced but check-in was fine. Our room was clean and the air-conditioner worked well, which was important as it was over 100 degrees outside during our stay. The only complaint we had about the room was the lack of a fan in the bathroom. The hotel is not too far from the Strip but it is not a pleasant walk - very noisy, lots of traffic and less than pretty alleyways to cross. The walk might have seemed shorter if it was not as hot outside.Breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel in a long time - very generous and lots of variety, and the breakfast room was clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The hotel was reasonably priced, staff was accommodating, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family