“Clean and FRIENDLY Diamond Member Stay”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #28 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Luis Obispo County, California
“Clean and FRIENDLY Diamond Member Stay”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel will appeal to you if: you want the predictable Hampton Inn value...clean, comfortable beds, nice but not over the top fit and finish. What I found in addition was a very customer focused friendly staff. I was in overnight at the end of a long work week, to see a show with family. They upgraded my standard award room to a spacious suite, added extra treats for my daughter which made her feel like a princess, let us use a rollaway bed free of charge, and kept the breakfast open an extra thirty minutes, even cooking an entire batch of eggs for a single guest who came down close to the published close time. The staff were all full of smiles and energy, and the general mgr was on site during the breakfast session, coaching the staff and making sure customers were happy. I stay a hundred nights per year at Hilton properties and have rarely seen better employee engagement and attitude toward patrons. Only reason for 4 instead of 5 bubbles is the location...site itself feels secure, but it's not a particularly scenic or upscale area, and it's not right on the Strip. If you want to be treated like a wannabe hollywood star, stay someplace more upscale (and pay three times as much). If you want to pay 75 bucks and procure some bedbugs or get robbed, find a local Super 8. But if you want a clean, friendly, comfortable stay served by friendly and genuine normal people, this is your home away from home near the Strip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The experience this hotel was nice, but what made it extra special was the superior service my family received from Keven Jackson. He was very attentive, cordial, and funny. He made my family feel as though they were his family. It was refreshing! The other staff should take note and not be so standoffish.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank April H
Reno, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This property is near the strip and freeway and has excellent access without the hustle and bustle of the strip. The staff goes out of their way to meet your needs and expectations. The pool area is lovely and quiet. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Mendy E
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. My check in at the front desk with Joanie was a real pleasure. She was so thorough and sweet made me feel right at home on my arrival. She also made me aware of happenings in the area that I could go to on my trip. My room was super clean and the bed was awesome, so comfortable. And the breakfast they provide is incredible! A really big variety of food is put out and it is so good! And for the breakfast host.....Keevan he is awesome, he is so sweet and such a great host. He really made me feel comfortable when I was there. I also had a chance to use the shuttle service to go to the casino and the driver Keith was another great addition to my experience at this fine hotel. He was so informative and polite. And the pool area is really nice, I really enjoyed sitting out there and catching up on phone calls and having the great breakfast they offer. I will definitely be back at this hotel again as my experience was A+ with everything. All the staff were wonderful and welcoming. Thank you all for the great time I had while at your hotel.

Room Tip: Great view of the strip!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank june a
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Princess Scott
Came with a group of friends after reading great reviews about how Keven Jackson made so many people feel so comfortable. He was a fantastic host and then some. Our room was clean and we were pleased with the 1st floor location. We didn't plan on being in the room that much. We also had the pleasure of meeting Bridgett Simmons the Bar tender. We enjoyed her attentivness and very pleasant smile when we stopped for a cocktail. it became our CHEEERS Kudos to the Hampton Trop for their choice of employees that will have us coming back and letting our friends who also travel know where to stay drama free!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sharon S
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We ordered this hotel as back up option to the Tropicana, because the near distance and family friendly profile. It was suspicious to get family room for such low price, but we took the risk as wanted to stay just over night for night show. In opposite to city casino hotels, we found rooms and corridors free of cigarettes smoke, 2x-queen beds in large room and nice view on New York and Disney hotel complex. We stayed more than planned and will return!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Alex T
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Called the hotel as soon as we landed and was given directions where to meet the shuttle. The shuttle was prompt and the driver was great.

The rooms were average, but clean. The pool...small, but nice. The staff were all very nice.

The breakfast was great...cereal, waffles, bacon, cheese omelets, fresh fruit, mixed fruit, rolls, muffins, juice, coffee, milk, yogurt, bagels, toast and more. This was a big breakfast and all the food was good. We sat outside by the pool under the pergola and it was relaxing.

Shuttle to the strip, but no return shuttle. Not a terrible walk, but it's a fair distance.

Overall, this is a decent property with some nice perks (the breakfast and free shuttle).

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends