“Overnight front desk representative”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #28 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, California
“Overnight front desk representative”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I would like to complement JOYCE for doing an excellent job. Although working a graveyard shift can be difficult. She has a calm and pleasant demeanor. I have stayed there several times and choose to stay there as often as possible.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Darryl L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4nights with my friends. Clean room, good atmosphere and good breakfast. But the best part was people who are working there were excellent. I had an accident there but they helped me a lot and I really appreciate that ! Special thanks for Mr. Keven Jackson !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shiorikimino
Buena Park, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

To start with as I got to the hotel I was so happy to see that I could park my car and not have to walk a mile to the hotel as in the hotels on the strip. That was such a relief the entry to the hotel was right there. As I got inside I was greeted by a front desk employee, Joanie and she was so welcoming and pleasant to see after a long drive. She was very professional and at the same time very friendly. She told me of places I could go in the area which was a great help on this trip. I had the pleasure of meeting Keenan the next morning for the terrific breakfast that the hotel offers. The choices are endless and really great tasting. And the host was amazingly friendly. I took my food out to the pool area which was so relaxing. I also had the opportunity to use the hotels free shuttle and the driver Keith was another helpful employee advising me of places to go while in Vegas. The shuttle is so nice to have available so you do not have to deal with the traffic and parking. And he was a really safe drive. During my stay here I was very happy with all the hotel offers and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the casinos
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank wiseande
Gold Coast
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is a bit out of the way, and not a very nice area. The only places to eat were fast food places and a Denny's. With no car, too far to walk to the action on the Strip, in 100 degree heat. The room was spacious enough, with a king size bed, which was very hard! I had to sleep on top of the pillows. I did ask for a pillow top mattress when I booked, but one was not provided. Also the comforter is too hot for Vegas heat. There was a sofa, desk and flat screen TV. A business center was free of charge and very handy. Breakfast was pretty good, and hot food was varied on the 3 mornings that I was there. A free airport shuttle was provided.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here for a conference in another hotel on the strip which was booked. I am glad I did, as this was very reasonably priced, very clean, and the breakfast was fantastic. It was easy to get to the strip. The only drawback, was that the area on Dean martin dr/Tropicana blvd can get a little sketchy, with some characters walking around. Since I drove everywhere, this wasn't a problem. The hotel itself felt very safe. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
San Luis Obispo County, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel will appeal to you if: you want the predictable Hampton Inn value...clean, comfortable beds, nice but not over the top fit and finish. What I found in addition was a very customer focused friendly staff. I was in overnight at the end of a long work week, to see a show with family. They upgraded my standard award room to a spacious suite, added extra treats for my daughter which made her feel like a princess, let us use a rollaway bed free of charge, and kept the breakfast open an extra thirty minutes, even cooking an entire batch of eggs for a single guest who came down close to the published close time. The staff were all full of smiles and energy, and the general mgr was on site during the breakfast session, coaching the staff and making sure customers were happy. I stay a hundred nights per year at Hilton properties and have rarely seen better employee engagement and attitude toward patrons. Only reason for 4 instead of 5 bubbles is the location...site itself feels secure, but it's not a particularly scenic or upscale area, and it's not right on the Strip. If you want to be treated like a wannabe hollywood star, stay someplace more upscale (and pay three times as much). If you want to pay 75 bucks and procure some bedbugs or get robbed, find a local Super 8. But if you want a clean, friendly, comfortable stay served by friendly and genuine normal people, this is your home away from home near the Strip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael P
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The experience this hotel was nice, but what made it extra special was the superior service my family received from Keven Jackson. He was very attentive, cordial, and funny. He made my family feel as though they were his family. It was refreshing! The other staff should take note and not be so standoffish.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family