“$35 hotel + $11 "resort fee" and taxes = $64”

Fiesta Rancho Hotel and Casino
Fiesta Rancho Hotel and Casino
Ranked #186 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hither and Yon
“$35 hotel + $11 "resort fee" and taxes = $64”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I understand taxes, but adding over $11 in "resort fees" for a place that doesn't have a swimming pool available is ridiculous! It's an outdoor pool, closed for the summer, yet we weren't told of its closure until we walked out to go swimming. The outside temperature was over 75 degrees that day, and the kiddos were looking forward to playing in the water. It was a terrible disappointment to find the pool area locked--and being charged over $11 for the experience really rubbed salt in the wound...

To top it off, when I was logging in to the internet, it mentioned I'd be charged $5.99 For a local casino, this one certainly "nickle and dimes" their clients!

Our experience at the buffet was equally disappointing, and I cannot recommend the property in the slightest.

Every room in the Station franchise was booked, so we were happy to find this double-bed (not queen) cancellation during our walk-in attempt. Too bad we were charged for a resort experience that wasn't made available.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms on the even side of this aging hotel have a nice view away from The Strip toward Red...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank RoadTrippin406

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was the worst stay I have ever had anywhere. I got a non smoking room and it smelled like I had just entered the smoke Olympics. Plus front desk is rude will never work with them again. It is better to spend a little bit more money but get a good room with nice people.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank Chapiz G

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Cortez, Colorado
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to give this property a better review, because the CASINO is great, however the hotel room was the worst I've stayed at in Vegas...sad part is that it has tonnes of potential, "needs TLC" in the language of real estate agents.

The room walls were an off yellow, and totally bare, just a small mirror, horrid white carpet with a floral print and dirty. The bathoom was pretty bad too as well as the chemical "air freshener" that was way overused.

This is NOT a tourist casino, it is a locals casino, catering to a diverse cross section of working class Las Vegans, don't stay here...play here, the machines are loose, and ten bucks kept me going for three days of gaming, and I left with a hundred more than I arrived with.

If they remodeled the hotel tower, this place could be a gem...it is perfect size, and more bearable than the strip, and they have an ice rink year round.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank mikethebunny
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I came with my family of 6. The staff were very pleasant and seated us right away. I was amazed at how much variety of foods they had. Our waiter seemed agitated a bit but I don't blame him as he had to many tables that evening. I can tell he was trying very hard to be nice so I appreciated that very much. Desserts looked amazing and even had sugar free desserts for us that are diabetics. I fully recommend this place. Restrooms were very close and clean.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Maria M
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Visited This hotel for a 2 night stay in October with some friends. Amazing value @ $49 per night room rate and whilst the rooms were a little jaded they were very clean. The casino was extremely well maintained and very clean and breakfast was reasonably priced with good choice. Pleasantly surprised and would have no issue staying again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank pcmcgrath
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I live in Vegas, and have not been to the Fiesta in several years. I was there in December to meet some friends of friends who were in town. We went up to their room to get them, as soon as I entered the room, I felt like I needed a shower and I made certain not to touch anything...would not stay here ever, even if it were free. A few minutes North is Santa Fe Station, stay there.

Room Tip: There is not a good room here. Check out Santa Fe Station instead, much better property
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ptowngirlnow
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The room was musty (probably hadn't been used for a few days) but not smoky, maybe because we were on the top floor, maybe because we checked in at 2:30 a.m. and the cigarette smell had dissipated. It was quiet, the room was large, we were in the newer section on the floor (the other part was a bit creepy), there was no coffee pot (at par for Las Vegas), no wifi, no fridge and no free breakfast, but you could get pancakes very cheap until 6 a.m. in the casino's coffe shop. There is a Subway and other places to eat in the casino which was very quiet and relaxing and smoke-free the next morning. This hotel is outside Las Vegas, maybe 20 minutes from the airport, but a good stop if you are heading towards Kingman or further in Arizona.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Summerlin
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/Summerlin
Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin
#127 of 262 in Las Vegas

Been to Fiesta Rancho Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!