“Breakfast is a War Zone”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas
Ranked #98 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Roseville, United States
“Breakfast is a War Zone”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My coffee maker did not work. Huge letdown when you get up in the morning expecting hot coffee. Breakfast was chaotic. An unnecessary line formed as there no signs or staff to tell guests that the line is only for omelets. Once inside, there were plate and bowl shortages. Yes, it is busy but that is no excuse for under staffing. Rest of my experience was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a great hotel to stay in if you don't care to be on the Las Vegas Strip. It's not a far walk from the strip and there are different places to eat within walking distance. The value is really good, especially compared to a high priced room on the strip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Ashtabula, Ohio
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were in Las Vegas for a family event. We arrived late and we were lucky the restaurant was still open. Enjoyed delicious sandwiches. The suite was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is amazing. The cooks and the clean up crew work very hard. The Manager's Reception was a welcome end to our afternoon. The only downside is that we did not feel that we could walk anywhere. We did have a little time to visit the strip and took a cab. Their restaurant is good and they need to put more emphasis on it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Belton, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great hotel for the family in Las Vegas. No casino and no smoking. Great to have a suite that is 2 separate rooms so my husband and I could stay up after the kids went to bed and no disturb them with lights, tc, etc. Awesome breakfast buffet, eggs or omelet cooked to order. Wide selection of food. The only issue we ever had was the number of towels. We had 5 people in our suite, 3 adults and 2 children. We only received 3 towels every day and had to call to request more. After doing this for a few days I asked if they could give us more towels without us having to call. They said they would, but they did not. This was a slight inconvenience, but nothing that would prevent me from recommending this hotel. The hotel is very clean. The staff is very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Christina S
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I held a meeting here about a month ago and it wasn't the best experience I've had with hotel staff.
Started off the meeting on a somewhat good note. Met with the Catering Sales Manager to go over everything, who was in a rush to go off to vacation. Number one thing - I asked if I could have access to the rooms with my stuff in it at 6am the next morning and she said sure, no problem. Knowing this, I decided not to set up tonight and go enjoy dinner and catch up on sleep.

Next day, I called down to the front desk at 5:45am to make sure the rooms were open for me and my boxes were there. The individual said that she was the only one there and would have to wait for the next person to come in, around 6:30am, and help do that. Seriously??? Why was this not done the night before and how come you can't take 20 steps to open the door since the meeting rooms are in the atrium?? I have to set up my meeting and be ready to go at 7am!!! Rushing around at 630am is not my idea of a great start to the day. Luckily they had breakfast to distract the attendees since registration wasn't open in time because of this.

Lunch - I was told we could not have a buffet set up because we did not have over 50 people attending our meeting and the restaurant could handle us without a problem. So far from the truth it's not even funny!!!! There were FOUR people in the restaurant when my meeting broke for lunch. Not all of the attendees went for lunch, so there were maybe 25 people who went to the restaurant. They waiting OVER 45minutes to receive their lunch. Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! One of them was a VIP who was speaking next!!!! When I spoke to the Restaurant Manager, who is also the Banquet Manager and the A/V guy, he said that there is no way they could've handled that many people in an hour and I was told incorrectly. Also, that they would not have been able to set up a buffet for us. So what exactly would have been an alternative for us if you can't set up a buffet or serve lunch to 25 people IN AN HOUR?!?!?!?

Coffee Breaks - Not once was I checked on until I asked for my coffee to be refreshed.

Dinner that night - we went out and when I got back, my key was deactivated. Now anyone who travels frequently, knows that you do not put your cell phone near your room key because it deactivates it. The front desk person told me this in a very rude way and I told her, thank you I know this information. Her response was - well then you should've known not to put it near your phone. Are you kidding me??? You talk to your guests that way?!?!

Next morning - I called down to have my rooms unlocked 15mins before I get down there. Arrived and everything was still locked up. Had to wait for the manager to arrive at 7 to unlock the doors. Really - we're doing this again!??!

That night I come back but forgot my room key. I asked for a new one and the front desk person, who I have never seen before, just asked what room I was in. No idea, no name, nothing. I worked front desk before and the ID is the FIRST thing you ask for when a guest needs a new room key!!!!

Lastly - I have been planning meetings with hotels for 3 years now. I am most certainly not an expert, but this was a new one for me. After we pay our bill, I ask how many meeting planner points will I be able to receive. The Director of Sales said "It wasn't in your contract, so you do not receive any." Not ONCE have we EVER had to put in a contract that we would like to receive meeting planner points!!

Overall, if it wasn't for the Front Desk Manager, I would've given this hotel a one. But she was very pleasant and helped me when I needed it without hesitating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy-Michelle S
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Me and my husband stayed at the Embassy suites one night during a mom's day getaway. The hotel was very clean and staff was very helpful. The location isnt close to the strip at all but it's 2-3 blocks from the monorail station. This would be a good location for those who have a car and want to avoid the hustle and bustle of the strip. Also they have a shuttle that will transport you to and from the monorail stop at the convention center and on the side of the Forever 21 at the Showcase Mall. One thing that I didnt like was that the hotel seems to be old and the lightening very dim but overall it was a decent place:) I recommend this hotel for individuals who arent so high maintenance. I truly prefer to stay at resorts with the full kitchen and etc...
Oh I truly forgot to mention the breakfast in the morning which included continental and breakfast to order:) Those omelets were super delicious!!!!

Room Tip: I really dont have any tips because my room was on the 11th floor which was ok.