Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas
Ranked #94 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
nashville
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Liked that I could access my car with a short walk to the parking lot and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I ate breakfast at 0630 each morning which wasn't crowded at all. The crowd seemed to arrive closer to 0800 hrs. The managers reception was good for drinks and light snacks. I liked that I didn't have to deal with the never ending crowds here like those found in the hotels on the strip. Now for the room. I stayed in room 223. The room is "tired", but clean with the exception of the bathroom, while appearing to be clean, it still smelled like a public restroom. I debated on asking for a different room, but I didn't have it in me to pack up and move after having traveled all day. If you want to visit the strip or a casino, you will need a car or hire a taxi due to the distance and the area not appearing safe enough to be walking about after dark. The restaurant had decent enough food so I ate several of my meals there and the service was good. No other restaurants are within walking distance.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank donna c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a great place to stay! The location is also really good. It has really good access to the best golf courses around! The service is really good also. The value of the hotel was well worth the deal you can get. You can get the best deal on this hotel if you use the hotel tonight app with the HOTEL_TONIGHT promo code when you sign up. The price ends up being about half of what I was seeing advertised elsewhere.

Room Tip: Use the hotel tonight app to book a room and the HOTEL_TONIGHT promo code to get an additional $25 o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were in Vegas for a family function, so needed to get in and out of the hotel quickly as we went from event to event. It was really nice being able to get out to the car/on the road from the room within 5 mins., v. having to schlep through a huge lobby and major parking lot.
Rooms are standard for Embassy Suites, and that's a-ok with us. First room was non-smoking, but had the most eye-stinging smoke haze ever. (?) It was so bad even my low-key, no complaints boyfriend was like "we need to get out of here ASAP." So we called down and requested a room change and were in a new room within 10 minutes = that quick of a room change would have never happened in a larger Vegas hotel. Not only that, they set out some waters and treats for us in our new room, with a note apologizing!
Can't go wrong with the manager's reception... which helped us get through the family events. :)
Breakfast is good, but the line for omelets is super long/slow. Maybe there's a better way to fast-track the process = a buzzer system or something? A sign indicating the line is just for the cook to order omelets only and others are free to move up for the other hot food offerings? It clogs up the entire counter area and people get a little edgy. Just a suggestion to consider.
Overall, we don't always want the facade of glam and glitz in Vegas, just quality service. We definitely got that from Embassy during our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KayClifton
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have never been to Vegas before, and this hotel staff was just terrific. Everyday for breakfast I went to get omelettes and they had a good variety of choices of ingredients, but it could have been a little bit better. I thank the hotel staff for making me feel welcome, and although this is overdue, I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends, heck, anyone. It is conveniently located a few miles from the strip, and it was wonderful overall.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Northwest to North to Northeast side of the hotel give the best view of the strip.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Leicester
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is an easy 15 minute stroll from the Vegas Strip (come out of hotel, turn left then cross at traffic lights on the right. Then it is a straight walk alongside Wynn Golf Course).

The light airy, suite was huge and done to a high standard with marble throughout – our real home from home for the week. The lounge is at the front of the accommodation, so no worries about corridor noise at bed-time. We had a small step-out balcony with views across the golf course and Wynn and Encore.

Breakfast was the usual Embassy Suite fayre – cooked-to-order omelettes, sausage and bacon, cereals, fruit, bread and pastries etc.,

Managers Evening Reception had a great selection of drinks and a nice selection of chips, veggies and dips. This is held on the second floor balcony and can get extremely busy, but a nice touch all the same.

The handy business centre in the lobby had 3 computers and printer and a good supply of paper and pens.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bigstays
Watrous, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We had booked this hotel months in advance, and have been doing the e-check in all along in our trip. When we arrived in Vegas the day before, we had already done e-check in and chose a room On the 11th floor. I called from the Hiltons Garden suites to make sure we were indeed getting the room we wanted with a large balcony overlooking the strip. I was assured we were. We arrived the next day, granted early, but the front desk assured us that if we returned an hour later we would get our room. We came back an hour later and the room wasn't ready yet but they had moved us to a similar room 2 floors down. I dug in my heels and said we'd wait. ..so we did with 4 hot not happy children we waited for nearly 3 hrs 2 of them in the lobby and still no room. The gentlemen who started working later on in the shift did apologize and finally I convinced them to let us into the room on the 9th floor until the 11th floor was available. His name was Mark and he was the most helpful person there. Breakfast was cooked to order, the tomatoes weren't the freshest in the omlettes, but it was very nice taking pics off the 11th floor balcony, even if I did have to fight for it....The strangest thing Is that tonight I'm watching the Hilton channel in Henderson NV and they say right on the commercial that if you e-check in, then you are guaranteed the room you choose:) It's nice to find out I wasn't wrong

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelusa1113
Valencia, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our stay at this Embassy Suites (Convention Center) was not as nice as the one closer to the airport. Pick the other site. This site is not as beautiful, no pond or swans. The breakfast area is awkward and some of the female wait staff were rude. The rooms were fine and the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family