“What a racket”

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #98 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 March 2011

First, rooms are beautiful so that is not where my rating is based, I'd give them a 4 1/2 star for the room.

We arrived at the front desk on a Wed. at 1:30 p.m. No one in line and two clerks There was a standoff on who had to help us. Eventually, we were called over. The clerk was very nice, however she said there were no clean rooms. We travel a lot and that's only happened to us once before but ok. She took my credit card and ID and said to check our bags with the valet. We had to repack a couple things so we hung around for a bit. That's when I saw the family come behind us that wanted the same style room. With two little kids and the valet waiting with their luggage, they got their room right away. Ok, so now we are being sent to gamble which is what we figured but it was then confirmed.

Over to the valet, no one there. We waited for about 15 minutes, then went inside to use the restrooms along with our three heavy bags. We went back out to see that there was a valet "hiding" in the back of where they check luggage in the room that is locked. Not sure if he was there all along but you can't see in and they can see out.

Checked bags, cost $$ to tip of course, then went to do the gambling they wanted us to do and also bought a couple drinks at the bar. After an hour, my husband went to check in and the same nice lady told him I had to be with him even though we were just there together and she had all my info. They paged me and she took one glance and said ok.

Last complaint is with Snaps the restaurant. It was one of the worst meals I've ever had and they didn't care. More review on Yelp regarding that.

4  Thank KarenArmstrong_BC

Reviewed 27 March 2011

The Hotel was very clean, the hotel staff was wonderful, the rooms were Awesome. The hotel is not on the strip however this was one of my most enjoyable hotel stays in Las vegas... JOB WELL DONE.

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Just got back from long weekend here. Wonderful place w/ lots of parking. Casino was pretty smoke free compared to others and huge variety of slots. I had lunch at Snaps; it was ok, I think I expected abit more from a club sandwich tho. The Sunday buffet was cheap ($7 all day) and food was decent; what do you expect for $7? Staff were all friendly and courteous. I prefer a place off the Strip and Cannery was great; not crowded at all, even when busy and not filled w/ crazy tourists. Room was large w/ a great view from 12th floor; everything clean and comfortable too. Would def stay here again!

1  Thank IvoriSalmon
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Stayed in their deluxe room for 3 nights for business. The room is clean and spacious. Room service was very quick. Not sure how old the casino is but the room looks fairly new. Internet is only $9 per 24 hour. The only down side is the A/C is a bit on the noisy side. Food in the 24 hour coffee shop is huge. Buffett is not that good but cheap. Have never seen that many penny slot machines. Located about 6 miles away from the Strip. If you want to save money on hotel rooms and get a nice room in Vegas, this is the hotel for you. Have stayed in many 4 star hotels in the Strip but the rooms were just okay. This is slightly better than average 4 star room hotels.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2011

This is a great hotel if you have a car and want to save a bit of money. I believe this hotel caters mostly to locals who might be getting drunk in the casino and dont want to drive home or people who visit Vegas for the gambling and not the glitz of the strip. The rooms are super large and very clean with a big flat screen TV. Great views of mountain vistas and a distant view of the strip are available. I didnt eat here, but assuming you are staying here you have a car so you have all of Las Vegas at your plate. This is a hidden gem for sure.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2011

In all fairness, we did not stay at the hotel, only ate at the Snaps diner in the casino, so I don't want to bash the hotel at all (other reviews seem very positive). But my overall impression of the casino area and Snaps restaurant wasn't that great. We waited a lonnnng time to get our simple lunch order (a couple of burgers and a BLT) and it was midweek and not that many customers so it might be even worse if it gets busy around there. The waitress was very nice and friendly. We asked a busboy for some local directions and he wasn't able to communicate much in English and didn't know where things were in the area. The food was just okay, I'm not too fond of paying 6.99 for burgers, but that's just me I suppose. The carpeting in the casino looked dirty in spots. Most of the patrons seemed to be locals, mainly elderly and I hate to say this, but frankly rather down and outer looking types. Didn't exactly give a feeling of romantic excitement or a place I'd want to check out for a fabulous evening, but again, this was daytime, midweek, so maybe it looks/feels a lot different on the weekend, all lit up and ready to rock. I really think that this is a place more for the local Henderson residents, but if it fits your needs pricewise and location, could be a good alternative to the Strip. Therefore, just based on other reviews of the hotel itself, I'd recommend it but don't waste your time at Snaps ....cuz your food won't get there in a very Snappy timeframe lol...at least it didn't for us!

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank harlow55
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This was my first time staying here and at first I was skeptical because I felt that the the reviews were to good to be true. I was wrong. When we got into our room I could not believe how clean and large it was. I loved the windows and the view was breathtaking being on the 10th floor. I have a 18month old son who stood at the window all night watching the lights and eventually fell asleep. The bathroom has a huge tub and is very nice. The beds were comfortable. Overall the room was great and it has been the best room we have ever stayed in. We travel every other month to Vegas and we have found our new hotel that we will always be staying at.
The best thing about this hotel was the service. The front desk were very nice and check in was very easy. The Valet Crew are THE BEST. I never seen a more energetic, friendly, and helpful crew. They always had my son smiling and had us laughing while waiting for our car. I've been to other hotels and they worry more about getting the job done and not their customers. Well all i can say is we will be there next month and will continue to enjoy our stays there. Thanks Eastside Cannery Staff =)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family