“Nice place, not so big, but far from Strip”

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #97 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Nice smaller casino (in Las Vegas' point of view) located not close to Strip. The rooms are big and the prices are very low. But we had a chance to stay in The Orleans hotel the week before for the same price so we can compere. If you hate anonymity and if you are looking for smaller "familier" places, choose Cannery. Otherwise Orleans offers free shuttle bus to Strip - here you need to go there by your own (by car or by taxi), which takes time and money. I would really recommend the hotel managers to have one minibus as most of the people staying there wants to go the Strip.

Wifi is free (in Orleans you pay for it). Definitely it is a great value for money. I also liked very much the swimming pool (we were the only people there for almost 3 hours!) with jacuzzi.

I gave the hotel only 3 stars because of the location.

Room Tip: Higher floor are fine
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chicotomas1

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We just got back from Las Vegas and we stayed at the Eastside Cannery on a Saturday night before we went to our timeshare on Sunday. The value of this hotel was fantastic.... we paid $55 total for a Saturday night stay. I went by the internet ratings and we gave this hotel a try. We didnt get to the hotel until around 11:30 pm for our check-in so obviously it went very smooth. We went up to our room and it was immaculate. It was a good size room with two double beds with the vanity and sink outside the bathroom. The mattresses on the bed were very plush and comfortable. After we settled in, we went down to Snaps to eat and it was delicious and reasonably priced. The casino wasn't crowded at all so it was a nice quiet night. I also want to add that we had rented a car so our transportation was easy to get there. Its not near the strip just to give you an idea of its location. I think the only opportunity I could find would be having the promotions booth open a little later in order to get a points card. I highly recommend this hotel for the reasons mentioned above, but as stated earlier the cleaniness and size of the rooms are among the top wins along with the great pricing.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet with no issues. Room 1020... 10th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank prince043
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

After reading reviews I was intrigued as well as a little worried about staying at this place. Most rooms were booked in Las Vegas and I needed to stay for 4 nights and didn't want to pay out my whole savings if you know what I mean. I am absolutely happy I stayed here!!! Beautiful rooms. They were nice size and modern. I'm somewhat of a hotel snob when it comes to certain things but this place had it all covered for me. SUNKEN bath tubs were wonderful and floor to ceiling windows. Also great prices on room service. No more than what it would cost at a normal restaurant. The food was also tasty!! Would come here again and again. :). I loved how easy it is to get to your room from the casino unlike most hotels in Vegas. Also I told them I had a baby and they put me on the highest floor so that I could be from the smoke. Only bad experience I had was room service forgot our room one of the days.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The hotel is not located near the strip or downtown, but this is not a problem.
The 202 bus stops just outside and for $7, you can get a 24 hour bus pass. This will take you everywhere without the hasstle of parking.
The hotel has LOTS of parking and the rooms are huge and fitted out very well.
At night, the hotel stands out clearly and easily spotted (you wont miss it).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel is far under rated in terms of best bang for the buckaroo. The room setting and sq footage far surpasses those that are asking at a minimum, 2 times MORE !!

Only 2 things prevented this commentary from receiving a 5 star. One, the in room Jacuzzi did not work, two forget about getting ANY response from their implied "customer assistance" email link as I tried to relay that disappointment. Now going on its 2nd week waiting for a pulse contradicts their stated "please wait up to 2 days for a response" so I'll assume theyr pretty much DOA

Outside of the room glitches, the hotel's lounge Marilyn's, pretty much beckons you to fetch your own cocktails as evidenced by a recent performance by the NextMovement band. Packed house and narily a server not even a mouse

"hey I'm KnightMoves808 and olskool in the things I rate"

Room Tip: Mountain side gets majestic view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank knightmoves808
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We booked a room well in advance of our trip to Las Vegas for a family wedding. When we arrived in town I began calling at 1:00 pm to see if our room was ready. They said no try again at 2:00. I called at 2:00 and at 3:00 and checked again at 4:00 telling me they had no idea when my room would be ready. Because I needed to get to the wedding, I couldn't wait any longer. I cancelled my reservation and ended up driving 3 1/2 hours home that night.
I will never book a room here again. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott T
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Booked direct via Cannery for 60$ AAA rate. Was close the event I was attending and it did the job, 20 minutes away from the Aces and Ales on foot. Check in was friendly and fast. The room was superb and upscale with a comfie king bed, a big well appointed bathroom, a large counter in the center with fridge and sink. The windows were large and faced the mountains afar. Free wifi included in the price.

The casino is a tad smoky but nothing worse than other casinos. There was a Doors tribute band playing in the concert hall, 5$, cant go wrong with that. No gym here but there is an outside pool with a nice deck area and jacuzzi. Plenty of parking.

Overall, very pleased!