“Decent Hotel, Clean Rooms, slightly older crowd”

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #105 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel is a good 15 minute drive from the strip and the patrons are not in their 20s or 30s. Lots of slots and other games in the hotel casino if you are the type.

The rooms are quite clean, comfortable and well equipped. The internet was free and fast as well as TV cable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RMando

Reviewed 26 January 2014

As most hotels in Las Vegas this one is also a Casino. The rooms are huge, very clean, modern and the view to the desert was amazing, specially at sunset.
It is near to the mainstreets, but you got to rent a car

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side of the hotel have the view to the desert and are really calm.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AnandaMOsorio
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We have been to Vegas several times and have always stayed near or on the Strip. This time we thought about doing something different and spent four nights at the Eastside Cannery. You'll definitely need a car since the Strip is about 15 minutes away, but if you're mobile it's well worth the savings to stay off Strip. The hotel is well maintained, as clean as anything we've stayed in on the Strip, and conveniently located along Boulder highway. It doesn't offer the mammoth size of some casino hotels but it also doesn't have the crowds. Rooms are well appointed, quiet and offer great views. Parking is free and there are several restaurants and casinos nearby. Book the Cannery for your next Vegas getaway. It'll mean more money for other things, like shows and shopping!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sixweeks
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I go to Las Vegas for work twice a week was happy to find a hotel without a resort fee. The rooms are a nice size, bed and pillows are comfy. Ate at the coffee shop food was good and value was good. I also liked the mini fridge. Free in room WiFi worked well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank GSF835
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I am a retired, once-a-year traveler to Las Vegas. I enjoy playing blackjack while there. Unfortunately, my budget does not afford me the option to play on the strip, where usual blackjack minimums are $10. To satisfy my blackjack desires, I always leave the strip and head down to Boulder Highway. There are several local casinos that have $3 blackjack, all paying 3/2 for a blackjack. Without a doubt, my favorite local place is the Eastside Cannery, on Boulder Highway. I just returned from Las Vegas yesterday (1-16-2014). Over the three days that I was there, I played hours and hours of $3 blackjack at the Eastside Cannery. While all of the dealers were professional and friendly, there was one that was superlative. Her name is Brenda. She told us that she's been with the Cannery for over 17 years. It was very obvious that she enjoys her job. She was fun, she was glad to chat with us. She would also give suggestions if we were about to make a bad play. The pit boss was also wonderful. His name was Les. On our third day there, the $3 table wasn't open (I believe that one of the dealers had become ill that day). Les allowed us to play at the $5, using only $3 bets. Very nice of him. I about broke even over the three days of blackjack; something I could never do if I was just playing the slots.

If you're in Vegas and have a desire to play low-stakes blackjack, I'd highly suggest that you head on down to the Eastside Cannery, on Boulder Highway. You'll have a good time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank joearena
Reviewed 11 January 2014

had a nice room, great view of the city and mountains, room was clean and modern, windows were floor to ceiling, I booked early and got a great deal, walls were a little thin, could hear guy next door showering and coughing a lot (normal for hotels), bathroom had a very very slight urine smell to it, but I may a have sensitive nose, bed was new seally, but it seemed too sofa soft to me and uneven, the feather pillows are like other hotels, use one and it is squeeshes down to not enough support, use 2 and your neck is too high and gets krinked, good security feature in that you need to use your room key in the elevator to go to your floor, all the soap and shampoo are in liquid dispensers mounted on the wall, the TV was big, clear and great, I watched a station called palladia which shows music concerts, i dont have this were I live, it is well off the strip but I had a car so no problem, there is a walmart right next to it where you can buy sodas and keep it in the mini fridge in your room, ice is on the same floor as your room, they have an iron and board but I did not use it, no daily service or parking fees , yea!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank hearthis09
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I went to the CES show in Las Vegas, which is extremely crowded and very expensive on the strip.

So, I was looking for a place off of the strip. East side Cannery was the perfect choice....only about 10 minute from the strip and very quiet, clean, mellow atmosphere!

The only negative thing I have to say is the buffet is not the best....it was edible but not very good at all.

Any future trips to Las Vegas, I will be staying at the Eastside Cannery!!

• Stayed: January 2014