“Beautiful junior suite with full window views!”

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #84 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Atascadero, California
“Beautiful junior suite with full window views!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was very pleased with my room. Beautiful views on two walls. The jet jacuzzi tub was huge, and a wonderful treat. The only problem that I had is that they charged me for an extra night stay, which the desk caught and stated they would fix.... Also if you use your ATM/debit card to pay they charge an extra $75 as a hold on your account for around 2 weeks which would have been helpful to know before hand. Other then that I was extremely happy with my stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tierra_lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I booked into this hotel based on the great reviews it had and their value for money but they ruined my vacation. It started with booking a smoking room, and when I checked in I found no ashtray so I asked for one just to find out that I am staying in a non-smoking floor. Eventually, they charged me a "fine" of $150 for smoking in a non smoking room. When I complained, they lied claiming that they offered me a change of room which never happened. Add to that they charge double the rate on Fridays and Saturdays without advertising that. Poker room is very poor and you will have to wait for hours before finding enough players to start a game, so I had to play in almost every hotel/casino in town (which was a lot of fun). I found out that there are a lot of decent hotels in the wildest area in Vegas for almost the same price. Even a cap driver once told me while we are chatting, "you are staying in a trash hotel" and advised me another one. The Pepsi machine is broken as it took my coins and returned nothing. When I informed them they told me to complain to the manufacturer. I was shocked also when I found out that I cannot get fresh air into my room as windows are securely locked. I enjoyed 10 days in Vegas to the max but this hotel has ruined it eventually with a series of incidents and when they charged me +$250 extra even after I complained to management.

Look else where and you will be surprised for what you can get for the same rates.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Hossam H
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed here for one night just to give it a shot and see how well it was based on decent reviews and I was happy for the most part...

Pros - Cheap, clean, comfortable and modern rooms
Free Wifi
Free coffee
Free drink on the house
2 free bottles of water in the fridge
Security patrols parking lot 24/7

Cons - Area is a bit sketchy, not totally dangerous but not the type of area you wander around as an outsider feeling totally safe
No in room safe
Buffet was not good
Casino game selection is decent but not the best
A bit far from the main strip

All around it's a nice little casino and you can't beat the price but if your planning on hitting the strip you might fare better staying closer.. it's a little bit of a hike

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mike T
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

It was our first time in Vegas, and we enjoyed it very much. We were very happy to find hotel which was very clean with big and modern rooms, and with very nice view, and with free Wifi. We spent 3 nights there and we were very happy with everything in Las Vegas!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sean C
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel is a good 15 minute drive from the strip and the patrons are not in their 20s or 30s. Lots of slots and other games in the hotel casino if you are the type.

The rooms are quite clean, comfortable and well equipped. The internet was free and fast as well as TV cable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank RMando
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

As most hotels in Las Vegas this one is also a Casino. The rooms are huge, very clean, modern and the view to the desert was amazing, specially at sunset.
It is near to the mainstreets, but you got to rent a car

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side of the hotel have the view to the desert and are really calm.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AnandaMOsorio
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We have been to Vegas several times and have always stayed near or on the Strip. This time we thought about doing something different and spent four nights at the Eastside Cannery. You'll definitely need a car since the Strip is about 15 minutes away, but if you're mobile it's well worth the savings to stay off Strip. The hotel is well maintained, as clean as anything we've stayed in on the Strip, and conveniently located along Boulder highway. It doesn't offer the mammoth size of some casino hotels but it also doesn't have the crowds. Rooms are well appointed, quiet and offer great views. Parking is free and there are several restaurants and casinos nearby. Book the Cannery for your next Vegas getaway. It'll mean more money for other things, like shows and shopping!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple