This place is a classic example of the "off-strip" casino-hotel that is built to suck in bargain hunters and local gambling addicts. They tend to start out as shiny boxes with some architectural baubles stuck to the outside to make them look good sitting out there by themselves far from the strip. Then after the initial construction, they gradually molder away into oblivion, as the years degrade their shiny, shallow good looks.
So this is one of them. Since I've been coming to Vegas for close to 30 years annually for business, I've stayed in a lot of these places. This one is particularly depressing. Hard to put my finger on it, but some of the major reasons are: location, cheapness of the build quality, and a casino that seems smokier and geared to sucking money out of poor elderly people more than others.
If you are going to stay in an off-strip location, particularly if you are driving in from LA, I think the Boulder Highway area is probably the worst possible location. I would recommend the airport area, Green Valley, or Summerlin way before this area. They are either more convenient to get to or in a nicer part of town.
Particulars: This place has a fridge in the room, but not a coffee maker or microwave. Why bother with the fridge? The bed was comfortable, and it had a larger big screen tv. The bathroom was decent, and the shower was particularly nice. But everything else was low-end, and just felt like a year or so from now it would start to fall apart. They don't even supply decent shampoo and soap products. The entire place smells of smoke as the ventilation system is sub-par and does not move enough air to keep things fresh.
The casino is just racks of slot machines. The people stoking them seemed to be a particularly down and out crew. The neighborhood immediately around the hotel is very downscale.
In short, there are a few dozen better choices than here at similar prices. I wouldn't recommend it, and I wouldn't recommend this neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eastside Cannery rooms feature incredible views of the strip and the Las Vegas valley. Close to all the excitement you'll find your own quiet retreat in the clean comfortable guest rooms of the Eastside Cannery. All rooms feature new modern decor, 37" LVD TVs, refrigerator, and many more amenities. We are now proud to offer Free Internet and No Resort Fees! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastside Cannery Casino And Hotel
- Eastside Cannery Hotel Las Vegas
- Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel Las Vegas