“High end Marriott. ”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, Canada
“High end Marriott. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Was here for a internal company meeting. Conference facilities are very good. Service excellent.

The rooms are very large and I had a whirlpool in mine that filled so fast that you could not walk away.

The conference food was very good.

It was cold outside so I never got a chance to use the pool but I would have love too. The grounds are large and well landscaped.

Bit far from the strip but they so have a fee shuttle.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank dan459us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Greek first
Trabuco Canyon, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at this property 1/17-1/19 for a soccer tournament in Vegas. While we were at a soccer game we placed the DND sign on the door. When we returned to the room the room had been serviced and a pair of diamond stud earrings my wife left on the nightstand were gone. Shame on us for not placing the earrings in the safe, shame on them for entering the room, investigating the loss and denying our claim. Currently in process of filing police report.
Do not make our mistake, lock your items up or take with.
Very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Brian C
Anthony_JWFOM, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and sharing your experience with the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience, please be assured that we are sensitive to situations such as this, if you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Once again, please accept my apology.
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

he JW Marriott is a massive and beautiful. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms are the biggest I've ever seen. Staying here feels like a true vacation.

The only problem is that it's pretty isolated. There is some shopping and another casino nearby but they're over a mile away so not the easiest to walk too. The hotel is located about 15 mins from the strip but that's only if there isn't traffic. The hotel doesn't have much in terms of a shuttle. They don't have one that comes from the airport but they do have one that goes to the airport; however, it's $30 and the last one leaves at 1:30PM. They do have a free shuttle to the strip but it's infrequent and hard to get too. A taxi to the strip costs about $50-$60 one way, so expect to spend at least $100 in transportation fees per day. Do yourself a favor and rent a car. It will be cheaper and easier to get around.

On other thing I don't like about this hotel is that they nickel and dime you. You have an internet fee, gym fee, city tax, etc. Make sure to take on an extra $25 when you calculate the price of staying here.

Overall, it's a nice hotel but not worth the hassle.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank kathom86
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

The resort is nicely located and is very comfortable and accommodating. The room was large and the furnishings clean and comfortable. The resort grounds were well-kept - we didn't get to use the pool as it was closed for the winter, but it looks like it would be fun. There is a decent variety of restaurants, and a small casino for those who want to gamble (the casino area was pretty smoky smelling, so be warned).
All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and professional. The spa/fitness center is a nice way to spend the day.
We look forward to returning, next time we're in the Vegas area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jkiel
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very large and spacious as well as the bathroom! I really wish I had time to soak I the huge tub. I do think the rooms need a bit of an update though (carpet, curtains)

I would definitely plan to stay here again during a warmer time of year, the course and landscape looked beautiful.

We payed for the breakfast buffet and it was great! Smaller than the strip buffets, but higher quality for sure. I had eaten a lot of smoked salmon in Las Vegas and this was the best.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Business and pleasure, we travel often, and this is the only place we stay in LasVegas!!
The hotel is beautiful. Grounds well kept, tranquil and soothing. The rooms/ beds are so luxurious, we are thinking of the ordering the same mattress for our home. And as for the customer service, it is exceptional- from the front desk to the Casino! The Mixoligsts, Servers, Valet, Maintenance crew and even the couple who run the gift shop, everyone has a smile. Obviously the management understands the meaning of Hospitality.
The restaurants are delicious, great shopping and golf near by and the Rampart Casino is never too crowded.
And the Aquae Sulis Spa, let's just say they know me by name :)

I cannot recommend enough, a true Desert Oasis!!!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TifsMes
las vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I purchased a massage as a bday gift for a friend. I called in advanced. Did a credit card authorization and included a 15% gratuity. I specifically called in advance to avoid any problems. They obviously had my written authorization but decided to add an additional 27% gratuity.

When I saw the authorization on my statement I called in asked for a receipt and it was no mistake. Sad that such an establishment has to reduce themselves to this type of service. Shame on them.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dinora2
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for purchasing a gift card from our Spa Aquae.
I am very sorry about the additional charge, and we want to make this right.
Can you please email me at carmen.rubino@marriott.com or call me direct at
702/869-7722 - so I may research the details.

Thank you for your business and allowing us to resolve this charge. We want
the opportunity to serve, in the future.

Carmen M. Rubino, Jr, VP, Hotel Operations