“Off the strip in Vegas”

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #49 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had read some of the reviews about the rooms , we were in the Palm Tower, and it was beautiful the room was big , bathroom huge , and with a jacuzzi . The grounds are gorgeous ,and so is the pool area .They had a comedy club, casino, bingo, and restaurants so you didn't have to leave . It was quiet, and a nice change from the strip, but close enough if you wanted to go. The casino, and bingo staff very nice, and helpful but the hotel front desk staff could be a little more caring . I checked to make sure we have a newspaper in our profile and we did but never got the newspaper the 2 days, and when I told them said sorry but no offer to give me a paper . I' m a gold member and have to agree with others nothing special for us or concierge level or breakfast rewards due to being a resort I also gave a refrigerator request in my profile and made the reservation about a month out , and other Marriott's read the profile ahead of time and have one there they just read it that morning and put me on a wait list never got one and what disturbed me is they have refrigerators in the room but you can't hook them up I don't know if they used to be mini bars but they need to take them out it did make me a little upset there is another casino next door and a target , liquor store , grocery stores and restaurants less than 2 miles. It's a beautiful area and resort and definitely will be back and recommend it.

2  Thank Sally S
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you very much for your recent business and most of all, sharing your feedback with us, about your visit.

We certainly appreciate the kind words and comments about our Resort. Thank you for letting us know about all the area's that delighted you. Your feedback about your 'guest' profile and requests is very helpful. I am sharing this with our team, to insure we provide the follow up you and our guests expect - as a loyal JW Marriott client. I'm sorry we fell short in that area.

We look forward to having you back with us and appreciate your business and loyalty to Marriott Hotels!

All the best and thank you,

Vice President, Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,046)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our experience at the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort was a great one! We had our wedding at this resort in May. We are from Torrance, CA but decided to get married in Las Vegas. We visited the JW Marriott in Oct. 2013 and met with Melanie, the Director of Events. Melanie was great, she took us around the beautiful resort and showed us the Gazebo in the garden which is the ceremony site we booked. Melanie kept in constant contact and we did all the booking and details over the phone and by email. We only visited the resort once before the wedding in May but we had no trouble, phones were answered, calls and emails were returned on a timely matter by the resort. We arrived to the resort on Saturday, since the wedding was on Sunday and we had no trouble checking in and any questioned we asked were answered. We stayed in the Junior Suite, the room was extremely spacious. The room had a beautiful balcony which came in handy when I was taking my wedding pictures....the balcony was a great touch to my pics! I was so thankful that the closet was huge! My wedding dress and ALL other stuff I had fit perfect! I have to say that the HUGE bathroom was the best part.....I had all my bridesmaids come the morning of the wedding to my room and we all had our make-up and hair done. We didn't want to have our wedding on the strip, so we loved that the resort is about 15-20 min from the strip. Since our family and friends were from out of town some stayed in downtown vegas and some on the strip so the drive to the resort was not far and it was easy to find. The overall experience we had with the JW Marriott Las Vegas was a great one! The grounds are beautiful and huge....we will make it a yearly tradition to stay at the resort around our anniversary!

Room Tip: The rooms at the spa tower are large and great access to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your business and choosing our Resort for your special day!
We really appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community and look forward to having you back soon!

Congratulations and all the best!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a large and well appointed room with good quality amenities for less than a Best Western hotel room! Beautiful grounds and a huge pool and a great spa. They have their own casino (the Rampart), but it feels more dirty than the next door Suncoast Casino. This will be our Las Vegas home away from home for the future.

1  Thank BillBoyd46
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We appreciate your business and taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback!

We are very proud of our Resort offerings, which include our pool experience and Spa!
I am sharing with our team, your comments on the Casino cleanliness and we appreciate
you pointing this out - It's critical no matter how busy we are, to insure we show at our best.

Thanks for your business and making our Resort you Las Vegas 'home' for the future!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our Anniversary Celebration was a most elegant and exciting experience. Thanks to the assistance & attention provided by the JW Marriott staff (Nicole, Melanie, Donna Audio and Banquet staff and all the behind the scene staff); thanks a bunch! My family & friends are still talking about the celebration, decor, food and the beautiful JW Marriott. It's a great place for a celebration and a fabulous place to stay. Thanks for making this a lasting & memorable chapter in our life.

Room Tip: Palms tower with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Happy Anniversary! We appreciated being able to provide the setting for this wonderful event and I'll be sure to share the 'shout outs' to our team! We thank you for your kind comments and
business!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I would have given this hotel 5 stars but unfortunately, it is tired and in need of a facelift. We stayed here twice in the last week, passing through Vegas to and from another destination. Both times, the drapes in the rooms were shredded from age.....I mean hugely shredded. The furniture is also old and faded, and needs modernizing and complete replacement. I also am not a fan of a casino environment and know lots of people are. The pool area is very nice and relaxing, and restaurants are easy to come by, although pricey, as is typical in a hotel environment. We ate at a couple, which I will review separately, but in a couple of words, the food pretty much sucked at 221 and Woolington's, not surprising since they share the same kitchen. Strangely, the salmon was excellent at Woolington's, which is just a pub with bar food mainly. Spiedini's was awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent business and taking the time to share your feedback with us and the community at TripAdvisor.

I'm sorry that the room that you were in did not show well. While we recently started a comprehensive room renovation 2 weeks ago, ( floor by floor ), we are excited that we will finish the Spa Tower, this August. I am disappointed in learning about the drapery condition, as that should have been addressed, in advance of any renovation. Could you please email me at carmen.rubino@marriott.com your stay dates - so I can personally inspect the room and correct this issue?

Also, I have shared your dining feedback with our team, and I'm sorry about the experience at 221. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Spiedinis, and gave us a second chance, at the pub - and your feedback on the "excellent" Salmon.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back, and I do look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your business and I appreciate your candid feedback,

My thanks,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel to attend our cousin's wedding. It is a delightful venue for a wedding -- the ceremony was in the Gazebo Garden, the reception on the Ceres' patios with the dinner and dancing inside Ceres. We also ate at Ceres for breakfast one morning and highly recommend it (we ordered off the menu). The service was excellent and the food beautifully prepared. The hotel is bright and airy. Our room was well-appointed (comfy king bed) and the bathroom was enormous -- with fluffy towels, high end toiletries, etc. The hotel grounds are beautiful -- flora, fauna and water abound! The pool area was large, and the pool itself was refreshing. Plus we found lounge chairs in the shade. Towels are plentiful. The hotel is located in Summerlin, about 20 miles west of the Strip. Just a couple blocks down Rampart Blvd is Tivoli Village -- a small open air locale with stores and restaurants. And, across from Tivoli is a gigantic mall -- very handy if you lost a baseball cap to the Colorado River at Hoover Dam -- REI to the rescue!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RamblinMar

It is wedding season in Las Vegas and I was happy to see your review this morning! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor Community!
But most important,;thank you for your business! We look forward to the opportunity to have you return to the JW Marriott Las Vegas!

All the best and thank you!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had my wedding here and it so beautiful.
My ceremony was at the Garden Gazebo and I had my reception in Ceres.
I am absolutely happy with my decision on having my special day here.
JW has the best vendors and the whole wedding team is always on top of things.
Flowers, cake, photobooth, the tables, spa services, etc were outstanding.
I highly recommend this Resort for weddings and any event.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on your recent wedding! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your special day and how the Resort played a part!

We appreciate your business and wish you many years of happiness!

Best wishes,