“Very good for the "young at heart". Overall, awesome property.”

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #43 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good for the "young at heart". Overall, awesome property.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I spent a week at the JW Marriott Las Vegas for work, and I must say, it's an absolutely beautiful property. The grounds were gorgeous, and my room was incredible. I loved that the conference space was right on the property, and the employees in the conference center area were so helpful and prompt. As a young adult, though, I didn't feel like this resort was for my age group. In fact, the only people in my age group at the resort that week were from my conference. This resort, to me, is a great location for the "young at heart". Everywhere I turned, I saw really cute senior citizens. LOL! I felt like I was not supposed to be at this location given that I was under the age of 60. Would I go back to this location? I'm not sure given that I probably won't see many people in my age group, but I thought it was so super gorgeous. I also loved that the resort was just down the street from two great shopping plazas with really great restaurants. This was important, as I was not impressed with the food on the property. Overall, my room was great and the property was beautiful. I just felt out of place given my age, and as a foodie, I wasn't impressed with a lot of my meals. I would recommend the property to a more mature crowd (over 60) and possibly for weddings and conferences where you'll bring in all your friends in your age group.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Palm Tower are away from the main tower (Spa Tower). They are a walk, but they are nic...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NorlediaM
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
It was a pleasure to have you with us this past week! Yes, that was quite the conference and it was fun to have this large group with us.

Glad you enjoyed the grounds, guest room and our staff, servicing the conference center. We really delight in taking care of our guests. Our 'young at heart' guests, who visit the attached Casino love to come during the day to visit and play. They are fun and glad they put a smile on your face!

Speaking of shopping, we are excited about the new Summerlin Center, opening in a few short months. This is an expansive out door shopping center offering more options for our guests. When you combine this with the Tivoli Village and Boca Park shopping plazas across the street - our guests will have even more options!

We thank you for your visit and taking the time to share feedback with us and the TripAdvisor Community!

Carmen M. Rubino, Jr.
VP, Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Greek first
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I visited Vegas recently and decided to stay here for a few days before going to the strip. What a beautiful hotel! The rooms are spacious. The grounds are well kept. The hotel staff was professional and courteous. The food at the Irish pub was very good and the bartender was attentive. Next time we visit, our entire stay will be at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary Ellen H
Thank you for your recent stay and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor Community!

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed all of our Resort amenities and our attentive staff made your visit memorable! When you come back for a longer visit, we offer a free shuttle to the strip so you don't have to miss out on the action - and we have a great Spa to enjoy as well!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for vacation and wanted a quiet place off the strip and that is exactly what we got! The rooms were beautiful, large and quiet. The best is the pool area you feel like you are miles away from the hustle of downtown. Also the servers by the pool are the best in the resort always smiling and very friendly another great experience with Marriott !

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Pebs223
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words and recent business! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the entire Resort experience, our friendly staff and pool scene.

We do fancy our Resort as a great place, to allow our guests to "turn" Las Vegas, "on" or "off" ---and it sounds like you turned "off" the hustle and bustle and had a relaxing stay.

Thank you for your taking the time to share this feedback with the TripAdvisor Community,

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Without doubt the Food and beverage area is best run part of the property
It is led by Michael Cezar who is the best manager i have ever encountered
Over my lifetime i have visited 52 countries and stayed in 3 of the top 10 hotels in the world .
Its not often you come across a Manager so in control and prepared to go the extra mile. His staff are great and respond to his management style
He made our pool experience special .

The reception staff were good too and always helpful

They could do with a few more signs directing you to parts of the building

Many times guests asked us the way to....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, breakfast area

well done Michael Cezar

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
What a pleasure to see your kind review of our Resort and the food and beverage offerings!

I will be sure to share your kind words with Michael as well, and glad to hear he made
your visit memorable. We have a great staff, indeed!

Your comments about the signage is timely, as we are in the process of updating additional
way-finding signage through the Resort. We appreciate your comments.

Thanks again for your business and look forward to your return,

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I came here with my parents because my dad had a conference to attend here(Endofest). While my dad was in the conference, my mom and I toured Las Vegas. I landed in the airport late at night at about 10:30pm. I arrived at the resort at around 11:30. It was quite distant from the airport but I don't think that should be much of a problem.
The concierge was very nice and assisted us well. To get to our room at that time(midnight), we had to go through the casino, which is quite big and vibrant. Every breath you took in the casino will include cigarette smoke. They had great and convenient restaurants and an amazing buffet, all with reasonable prices.
The room was excellent, clean, and quite comfy. The bathroom was classy and convenient. You have to pay a small fee for the Wifi though. I had a great sleep. I made coffee in the morning, I was quite easy and there was a bottle of water that you would be charged for after you open it. There was a cooler as well(not a refrigerator).
There was a great restaurant close to the reception area. For about $17.99 or $19.99, I got an amazing breakfast buffet with an omelet station and a waffle station. A chef will prepare the omelet or waffles as you desire. I loved it.
Everyday at certain times, starting from 10:00am, a shuttle takes you to Fashion Show Mall, at the edge of The Strip, from the resort. On our first day, my mom and I missed the shuttle by mere minutes but the nice doormen in charge of the shuttle service called it back. Lucky us!
The pool was nice and big but at that time it was a bit cold in Las Vegas in the morning. So, when I was done swimming, I was freezing terribly. But it was nice overall.
I didn't really try the Spa or the Golfing but I hear that they are quite enjoyable.
Overall, it was a nice resort to stay in but I don't think there is much to enjoy for kids. But otherwise, quite nice. I highly recommend. Have Fun!

Green Features: There are garbage bins at numerous places but you don't have to worry about recycling. Behind the scenes, the workers go through the waste and recycle the recyclable stuff. I heard there's plenty more environmentally-friendly practices but I didn't really ask about all of it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ajay R
Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to our Resort!

It was nice to hear you made the 'convention' a family get-a-way. Lot's of guests
do that, as our location, off the strip, provides a Resort environment, for a longer visit.

Thank you for you nice comments about our staff and the amenities we offer. I will be sure
to share them with our Doorman and Concierge team!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us and the TripAdvisor Community,

San Pedro, Ca
Reviewed 12 July 2014

JW Marriott is a relaxing place to stay. Upon arrival valets,frontdesk associates were very friendly and helpful. Resided in one bedroom suite overlooking waterfalls, with view of strip.
Décor was appealing, could be upgraded to more modern furnishings, however suite was clean and provided all the amenities. Good restaurants, Ceres and Spiedini"s plus café and a buffet.
Rampart casino has a somewhat older crowd, but slots were generous. Strip is only 20 mins away (if you have access to auto), if the urge to shop becomes overwhelming, complimentary pick-up and drop off shuttle service to Fashion Show Mall also on the strip. Overall, this was a wonderful well spent 4 nights/3days

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you your recent visit with us!

We appreciate the kind comments about how welcoming our staff made you feel
from arrival to check-in. Glad too, you enjoyed the dining options and made
the acquaintance of a few generous 'slots' in the attached casino! Way to go!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community and look forward to your return.

Thanks again,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Words can not describe how magical our Wedding WEEKEND was... and yes I said weekend! Not only was our Wedding Day perfect in every way, but the hotel had so much to offer our guest that we turned our special day into an entire weekend of non stop fun! We had a Welcoming Party in our Suite overlooking the Strip, Pool Day in a Private Cabana, Golf Day for the Guys, Spa Day for the Girls, There was Nightly Entertainment in the Casino and Irish Pub, and a variety of Restaurants for our guests to choose from. The ease of having everyone and every event at one location made it so simple and relaxing!

Not only is the property breathtaking with lush landscaping, flowers, trees, and waterscapes everywhere, the people who work there are so accommodating and nice!!! My husband and I will never forget how amazing our wedding was! They went above and beyond on every aspect and you don't realize how many details and help you need throughout the day that the Marriott had a team of people already doing before I even asked or thought about it. They are so good at what they do and our wedding coordinator who was a lifesaver! We were able to enjoy every minute and not stress about anything!

Hands down the best place in Las Vegas to have your Wedding at! I lived it and will never forget it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Congratulations on your recent wedding! It was such a pleasure to read your
review and know we played a part in a great weekend of celebration, on your special day!

As you can imagine we are very proud of the beauty of the Resort and amenities - but it is our
people who pull it all together! Thank you for your kind words about our service team and staff. I can not wait to share your on-line review with all of them.

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave your feedback for us, and the TripAdvisor community!

All the best,