“A nice retreat from the hustle and bustle!”

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #50 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A nice retreat from the hustle and bustle!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend as my husband had a conference in the hotel. Didn't think I would like being off the strip but I was so wrong! Checked in early and our bags were held as our room wasn't ready. The hotel arranged a car for us to be driven to the strip while we waited and they left a message when our room was ready. We had a one bedroom suite which was enormous! A huge living/dining room area and a patio which faced the mountains out back. A little outdated but spotless and the bed was unbelievably comfortable! Was able to have a couple spa treatments while here and they were very enjoyable. I liked that there is a complimentary workout room on the second floor of the palms tower. Yes it is just a converted room with several treadmills and free weights but when looking for no frills it was perfect. Otherwise it's a little walk to the bigger and updated fitness facility. The pool area is huge with more than enough chairs in the sun and shade. Lots of families enjoying! There are cabanas to rent and also a cafe to order food. Plenty of attendants to take orders so you never have to leave your chair! With all the paths to explore and waterfalls around the resort it is very tranquil! A nice sized casino and other than a drink and appetizer in the Irish pub we didn't eat at the resort though there are several restaurants to choose from. Starbucks is also on property. A huge thank you to the concierge, Denyse, who was so helpful in arranging cars and helping with restaurant reservations! Would definitely like to come back in the future with the family!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Salisa92
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for your feedback and taking the time to share it with the TripAdvisor Community! I was happy to hear that you found our off-strip locale was just the right ticket !
Our guest find that you can still get to the action, but when it's time to relax, our guest rooms, pool, spa, staff and food and beverage offerings provide a great Resort experience.

Thanks too for your mention of Denyse at our Concierge and the attentive service she provided.
We look forward to your return in the future, for pleasure, with your family!

Vice President of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel is not on the strip but is a good place to host a convention. The rooms are very nice and spacious, the restaurants and bars are pleasant. The casino is small but clean. The pool is large, clean and with plenty of seats.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback during your recent stay!

We hope the convention was a success and will return again soon!
While we are off the strip, our guest can enjoy all the resort experiences
and still take a shuttle to the famous strip, if that is in the cards! Many however stick around
and take advantage of the casual and fun environment our attached Rampart Casino offers.
Lower limits, and personalized service is our claim to fame!

Thanks for your business dropping us, and the TripAdvisor Community a quick line
about your experience at our Resort!

Best regards,

Fairbanks
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We are staying at this resort for a hockey symposium so we got a great rate of $109 a night.
It is not on the strip and you will need to taxi or take the shuttle if you want to go there.
It really has everything you need so you don't need to go to the strip if you have already seen it.
It is walking distant to Target, Cheesecake Factory, the biggest alcohol store I have ever seen called Total Wine. It's like a Costco for every type of alcohol you can imagine. There are a handful of other stores you can walk to as well. To many to list.
We must have got a suite because our room is HUGE. The bathroom has a big jetted tub, the walk in shower has a normal type shower head and then also a rain down one, it has two sinks and PLENTY of counter space and the toilet has it's own area with a door.
The bed was comfortable, the walk in closet is so big it could seriously fit a twin size bed in it. There are double doors that open to a small veranda. We were in room 6122 and it has a view of the golf course and the strip.
The room was pretty quiet for the most part. I never heard the people next to me. You can hear doors slamming shut as they don't have quiet latches.
The spa was nice but seemed over priced for massages.
I'm not much of a gambler but the casino seemed to be a good size.
I ate at the Irish pub, sushi place and by the pool and all the food was GREAT!! We still have a few more days so I'm sure I will try out at least one more if their food places.
The pool is very large and has a ton of places to lie out or sit. I didn't have to wake up super early to try to get a spot to lay out like I have had to at the MGM.
I have stayed at a couple different resorts on the strip and this time it was nice to stay away from the strip. We can go to the craziness of the strip and leave it for our nice relaxing
resort.
I highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed August 2014
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thanks for your recent business and taking a moment to share your feedback! We really loved the Hockey Symposium and it was fun to see this group take over the Resort for the week! Glad to hear you had a chance to enjoy all of the Resorts amenities! Sounds like you had
a chance to explore the rest of the community, too. Yes, Summerlin is a special place, and we are proud to call it home.

Thank you for your kind review and please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Let me just start with my welcome to the property. Arrived rather late (almost midnight) drive up to the valet area and simply ask a valet in the driveway if this was the proper location to check in. He ignored my first question. When I asked again he shouted that he was with a guest. His response got me a little upset and I replied that there was no one else in driveway and that I was just asking if I was in the right place. He rudely responded by asking if I wanted to park cars instead. I could not believe what I was hearing. I proceeded to leave the valet area and parked a little ways down the driveway while I checked in. When checking in Keith was so warm and friendly. I told him of my valet experience only when he stated that valet was an option as I said I had a vehicle. He was extremely apologetic and introduced himself as the manager on duty. I told him that I did not feel comfortable about valeting because of the exchange I just had. Keith took complete responsibility of the situation and offered to personally take my car and assist me with my luggage. He also offered me breakfast for myself in the AM. For 3 days he remembered my name and when he noticed I was headed to valet made sure that I did not have to deal with the same valet that I had my issue with. Made me feel like he really cared. The day I left which was really early about 4:30am I was once again assisted by Keith and a very friendly FD agent named Cherry. I asked if there was coffee anywhere and they directed me to the cafe off the casino which really isn't far but I didn't really have the time as I was meeting someone in the lobby. I said thanks but is pass, and proceeded to wait in the lobby for my business associate. 2 minutes later Keith came to me in lobby carrying a tray with a pot of coffee and all the condiments. I was and still am blown away by his attention to detail and caring. He is surely in the right business! Now a little of the rest of my stay. Really enjoyed the pub, Ceres breakfast restaurant was fantastic and I really liked the surrounding gardens. The casino is a bit smokey but that's to be expected I guess. The spa and fitness center in the spa are top notch as well. Great property and great service, with the exception of that first interaction of course.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I appreciate you sharing this experience
with our team and the TripAdvisor Community.

I am very sorry about your arrival experience with the valet at such a late hour. As you can imagine, this is not our standard and I apologize to you, for our shortfall here. At that late an hour, that is the last thing I would personally want to deal with .

Your mention of what happens next, is our standard. Thank you. Keith was not only your "lifesaver" but ours. I am proud of his interactions with you and thoughtful approach to make things right to the point where it turned around everything. I look forward to recognizing both Keith and Cherry for the crafted JW Service they demonstrated and guest come to expect.

I'm glad you enjoyed our dining options and top spa and overall Resort. I'm ecstatic though that our people, made the difference. Thank you for your business and candid feedback of the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort and Spa!

We look forward to your return,

Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had to change our vacation plans at the last minute and decided to go to Las Vegas and this Marriott. I called with a few questions before we made our reservation and was told that the hotel resort fee was applied to your bill only if you use those facilities. We were told at the front desk when we checked in that it is added to your bill regardless if you use it or not. On the phone I was also told that they have a shuttle to take you to the strip which is true but I think it would be better if they also told you that it only goes a few times a day, (on weekdays three times a day). I’ve stayed in a number of Marriott’s and other hotels and whenever I’ve been told they have a shuttle that takes you to a place it hasn’t been limited to only a few time a day. If I have any complaint with our stay at this hotel it would be that the people who answer the phone need to get the facts right when they tell you something about the hotel. I’ve read in a few reviews that said the hotel is 8 miles from the strip but we were told at the desk that it is 13+ miles and a good deal more to the airport so taking a cab might be more than you might expect. Now the positive: This hotel is really removed from the frantic pace of the strip and is a very relaxing, beautiful place. We couldn’t have been happier in our room, #5102, which was really lovely and has a large balcony which my wife loved having coffee on each morning. It was a bit of a hike from there to the pool but once there what a relaxing place to escape and unwind from our work life at home. We wanted this trip to be a vacation mostly about relaxing and this hotel turned out to be the right place for that. We ended up spending a lot of time just relaxing in the warm sun by their large, beautiful pool. There is a nice poolside café with good food and very good service. During our week at this hotel the staff was really excellent, polite, friendly and helpful especially, Robert and Denise at the concierge desk. They really went out of their way helping us make plans of what we were going to do on our visit, checking on availability, ordering show tickets and giving us pre-printed sheets with driving directions to the places we wanted to see. My wife is one of those people who change her mind in midsentence and although I don’t deal well with this, Robert and Denise were kind and professional enough to act as if they didn’t even notice. Rather than take the shuttle we were able to drive our rental car to the strip and had no trouble finding plenty of free parking at the casino’s so the concern about getting there didn’t turn into a problem after all. The hotel is in an especially nice area and there are numerous restaurants and other services nearby as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your business and comments!

Please accept my apology about the miscommunication you experienced between our reservations center ( like most properties, is centralized in another location).
I will use your feedback to insure better communication takes place in the future. You are correct, as a guest, I would expect too, that any interaction with staff is consistent throughout. A good Monday training back to basics, at our “morning” team huddles.

With that said, I am very pleased to read the rest of your review and comments about our overall resort experience. Most importantly, the recognition of our people power at the hotel. They are the ones that make the difference and I am looking forward to sharing your comments with both Robert and Denise, at the Concierge Desk. This made my day!

Thank you very much for your business and taking the time to help us improve our Resort with your thoughtful feedback!

All the best,

Wales
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We booked this hotel purposely to stay off the strip, which we've done several times now as a family. To relax by the pool at the beginning of our holiday before travelling to LA.

When we arrived, its a little confusing as the place is so big, two entrances. However, the staff were great, check in easy and the rooms (we booked two connected) were spacious and well equipped except there was no tea/coffee making facilities which seemed odd for the states.

Bathrooms, beds, rooms are delightful. Not modern, in a high ted way, but excellent quality.

The pool was quiet when we ere there, and very much family safe (no 'adult' or lets say 18+) activities going on.

Food at the venue was okay... the smoke from the casino seemed to drift into the cafe at times, which for a brit is now really unusual. However, I am being picky.

The gym, was brilliant. Its a proper CV and weights gym that allow me to maintain my fitness with ease.

Great venue, warm staff and really enjoyed our few days there, it was the perfect start to the holiday.

Room Tip: ask for a rom with a pool view..
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CarmenRubinoJr, VP, Hotel Operations at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your recent business and taking a moment to share us your feedback!

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the guest room and total resort experience. I must apologize about the coffee and tea. We do offer this in all our rooms. Of course, we will check on the room you occupied, to insure it has the proper equipment.

Thank you for your feedback about the air quality, in a non smoking area. Yes, Nevada does allow indoor smoking, in the attached Casino. All other area's of the Resort are non-smoking. I will share this feedback with our facility engineering team.

Glad you enjoyed our Spa. Our gym is top-notch and allows our guests to keep up with their regiments. Our guest love the facility and relaxing pools, plunges and steams available, after a workout.

We certainly appreciated your business and hope to have you return on your next trip to the states!

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Whilst staying on the strip is what most people go for if you want an option for a quieter stay this is a good alternative. It is a big hotel in that it is self contained, i.e. good pool and restaurants especially the italian, but close enough to get down town. However, it is well out so taxis are costly and public transport rare, so it is better to have a car and park for free at the hotels on the strip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your business and taking the time to leave your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor Community!

Glad to hear you enjoyed our Resort experience. Being off-strip, we like to think of our self as the ‘better side, of Las Vegas!’ Also, for those that want to venture to the Strip, we do offer a complimentary shuttle, to soak up all the sights and sounds.

Thank you again for your business. We are glad you had a chance to experience our Resort and I look forward to a future visit!

Carmen M. Rubino, Jr,
Marriott's Grand Chateau
#6 of 262 in Las Vegas
Las Vegas Marriott
#33 of 262 in Las Vegas

Been to JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!