“Excellent service in beautiful relaxing surroundings.”

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #49 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wrightwood, California
“Excellent service in beautiful relaxing surroundings.”
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite for my birthday- it was gorgeous and spacious, over 2000 sq ft. Large wrap around balcony and large living room with dining table and wet bar. Each room has its own bathroom with jacuzzi tub and walk in shower, plus there is a 1/2 bath for living area. We love staying at the JW. It is very quiet and relaxing, this is a great place for couples and families that want to get away from the strip crowds and noise. We did go to a show on the strip and it is only about a 20 minute drive. Our sons had brought their ps3 and we had trouble setting it up, but with one call to "at your service" we had Joe come up from the AV department to help. Thanks Joe! Bell staff and valets were all so friendly and helpful. Great pool- the boys really enjoyed it! We love the Irish Pub and ate there 3 times- fish and chips, the best. Then we tried to work them off at the top of the line fitness center. Jw has the best comfiest beds, I don't even bring my pillow from home as I know I will not need it. It was another wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Greek first
No. California
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My family and I have stayed at the JW Marriott in Summerlin several times over the past years. It continues to be one of the best hotel expereinces we have encountered. The physical plant is fantasitc, high quality materials, large rooms and public areas. We love the feel and energy of the resort. The staff has always been fantastic. This was a trip I took with some friends and we spent a lot of time at the pool. The pool seems to be about an acre in size with pleanty of lounging space a nice food menu and great beverage service. Being away from the "Strip" noise and action we really like. You can go to the strip, visit and return to a very quite setting.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2010

This was our second time staying at the JW Marriott Resort. WE LOVE IT. Quiet, comfortable and clean. All employees were very nice and helpful.
The rooms are large and nicely decorated. The bathroom is huge. I loved the walk in closet.
The buffet and other eateries were the best. The wait staff, in all, was great.
The Rampart Casino, on site, made it easy to go back to our room when ever we wanted too. I will stay here again on our next visit to Las Vegas.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here on a last minute trip to Vegas for some R&R at the swimming pool. Very quiet and relaxing - the pool wasn't loud and wild like at some Vegas Strip resorts. This hotel is far from the strip and they only offer a couple of free shuttles a day so we decided to rent a car. No shuttle service available from the airport and a taxi would be very costly. We stay at JW Marriott's quite often but this hotel was in rougher shape than Orlando and Phoenix - and not nearly as impressive and lacked a wow factor. But the rooms were big and the bathrooms were absolutely stunning. Great beds and linens. We got a good deal so we were pleased overall but we would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Southern CA
Reviewed 21 June 2010

we stayed here for a weekend with 2 young kids. They loved this place and we loved it too. It is 15 minutes drive from strip. Perfect distance for us. we still go to the shows on the strip but without crowd and smoke. it is a real resort to relax. Morning breakfast is great. Beautiful ground with great pool. never feel crowd here. We stay at 2nd tower. It is great walk to breakfast in the morning. Kids like the pool (will be better with few water slide). great value with AAA. Will go back agian.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I stayed at many many Vegas hotels and this is the only one that has no structured parking (except for handicapped parking). Even though parking under the sun is fine with me but when I wanted to park closer to the entrance, I found out all the good parking spots were reserved for valet only!! I guess I forgot this is Vegas, money not only talks but also walks. So if you don't want to tip the valet, expect a long walk under the Las Vegas sun into the hotel. The room is nicely decorated, bathroom is clean but wall is really thin. For a light sleeper like me, thin wall means poor quality of sleep. This hotel is mostly for golfers so if you want to see the real Las Vegas, stay near the strip or old town.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We were in the Spa tower in room 4128 which is the farthest from anything. We overlooked the parking lot but could see the strip in distance. The bathroom was great a 3 person jacuzzi. The pool was full of kids but thank goodness for the Aqua Sulis spa areas. Spa and fitness areas were very nice. I had a very good massage. Spa tickets were included with our golf package.
Golf package was a great deal as the TPC was awesome and lots of fun. I loved #12, a canyon version of an island green.
The food at the pool bar was good. It's weird that you have to walk through the smoky casino to get to 'restaurant row" and the spa. Ate at Spiedini and the Asian restaurant which was just ok and overpriced. The irish pub food was ok but I thought the portions were small but the price was moderate. They had a great band on Sat called Swagger, I would go back to catch them again.
I did not like the size of the resort and the fact that it felt like you had to walk a million miles to get anywhere. The grounds are nice but very confusing. I would not recommend for anyone who has trouble walking.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Marriott's Grand Chateau
#6 of 262 in Las Vegas
Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
#64 of 262 in Las Vegas

Been to JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!