This hotel has it's positives and negatives for sure. I did a Hotwire (blind) deal and this is where I landed. Upon booking and reading some of the reviews I became a little anxious, but upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. So, let's get the negatives out of the way:
* Distance from the strip/location - It's a far walk and pretty far off the strip. As a female traveling alone this was not ideal. I was there for a convention at the MGM Grand and I had to be there very early in the morning until very late at night. This meant lots of Taxi rides, which added up and gave a slap to my wallet. The area wasn't horrible, but it also wasn't great.
* Shuttle - one of the reasons I booked this hotel was because of the supposed shuttle from the airport. Finding out there wasn't a shuttle started things off on the wrong foot. That's $40 right off the bat I didn't plan on spending (Taxi to and from the hotel, with tip)
Those were the two major negatives I experienced. Others have mentioned $10 refrigerator rentals and only one working elevator but for me neither of these were a big deal. I heard most of the hotels in Vegas don't offer refrigerators in room and some even charge daily. $10 for 4 days was nothing. Also, I didn't have to fight a huge crowd for the elevator so that was a non-issue for me. It's a small hotel and I spent less time waiting for the elevator there than I did at the casinos with their bays of elevators.
* The staff was wonderful! I dealt with three different front desk people while there and they were all extremely helpful, friendly, personable, efficient, and adept. While I don't remember the girls' names - the gentleman who helped me on my last night, and during checkout in the morning, was named Chris and he was absolutely fabulous.
* Taxi Service - while taking taxis was not in the budget, the taxi service was excellent. All the drivers arrived quickly, were friendly, and drove to my location quickly and with no jerking me about. The front desk calls for a taxi for you and within moments they arrive. Very little hassle and no stress.
* The Room - The room was nicely sized and very clean. The bathroom was as well. I absolutely loved the room I stayed in and it was actually nicer than some bigger named hotels I've stayed in. And the bed was INCREDIBLE.
* Quiet - I read people complaining about noise but I genuinely have no idea what they're talking about. I never once heard a siren, nor did I hear a peep from anyone anywhere. My room was cool, dark and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Viva Las Vegas. The Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo is conveniently located a few blocks from the famous Las Vegas Strip. Enjoy a free ride on our shuttle from McCarran International Airport (LAS). Once you’re here, you’ll be close to the Las Vegas Convention Center, the Sands Expo and Convention Center, and the UNLV campus. You’ll find that plenty of attractions—like Fremont Street, the Smith Center, Sam Boyd Stadium, and Las Vegas Motor Speedway—are just a short drive away. A Fun Retreat near the Strip. A few extra comforts can make a world of difference in your travels. Go for a swim in our heated rooftop pool, then find instant relaxation with a soak in our hot tub. Maintain your workout regimen in our 24-hour fitness center. Join us in our dining venues for a hot American breakfast, grab-and-go options, fresh Seattle’s Best Coffee, and beer from our Best Brews™. If you’re hosting a meeting or event, we have more than 1,845 square feet of versatile function space, and our full-service business center provides support services. Unwind in Style. Little things in life make a big difference. Like our Simple Pleasures(SM). Our 129 guest rooms have everything you need for a great stay, plus free extras like High Speed Internet Access and bottled water. Relax in front of the 42-inch LCD flat screen TV, and get a good night’s sleep in the Four Points signature bed. We understand. The best comforts in life aren’t complicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Four Points By Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo