“Stand on your head and keep your eyes moving”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Academy Fine Books and Antiques
Ranked #391 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed 18 December 2004

This store surprised me, because after two visits, two days apart, I had bought four books, and wanted to buy six more. The shop is tiny and labyrinthine. The books are jumbled; they are sort-of classified, and those that fail to balance on the sagging shelves help carpet the floor. The shop's selection is broad, though, and it rewarded my browsing. I was looking for NV history, New Age, True Crime, and Gnostic titles. There were plenty in each category I wanted, and a good first editition or NV place names I couldn't afford, but most of the prices were reasonable or better. And they'll put on a dj cover if you buy a book that needs one. We visit this gritty little town at least once a year, and at least once a year, I'm going to make it a point to visit Academy Fine Books.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member