“Terrible Customer Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Good location. No hot water in the bathroom. I called maintenance and they didn't tell us they couldn't fix it until I called hours later to fine out. Had to go to front desk twice to get room keys for a new room. They should have brought the keys to us. Then in the new room there were no light bulbs in the lamps. We were offered no compensation for the trouble. The customer service in the restaurants were also bad. We waited for ever to get drinks and our bill at the end.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank linxey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,205)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2011

we stayed at the paris for our anniversay for five nights, we arrived before ten oclock in the morning, and our room was available, we received a red room with a fantastic view of the fountains and the eifel tower and pool area. the room was immaculate. we ate at mon a mi gabi for breakfast and dinner, quality of food was suburb and the service was excellent, i cant say anything bad about the hotel or the service, from check in to check out everyone was very polite and helpful, i have stayed there several times, i had not been there in a year and half and was concerned about some of the bad reviews, but i can honestly say i dont know where those people are getting the bad reviews from, i will be staying at the paris the next time i go without a doubt

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hhwife
Brisbane
Reviewed 14 April 2011

old and outdated hotel, needs a paint inside and out. we paid $300 a night and it was far from worth that money. gamming is also very outdated. its the place to stay if your over 50 and just want to plod around. if your under 50 stay somewhere a bit more hip (which would be anywhere)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ash n Jen K
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Room not maintained well. Not too comfortable. Casino & shopping areas have strong cigarette smell. Other than that, restaurants good and free valet parking is very good.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I'm very disappointed in my stay thus far at this once grand property. I am here two more nights and I would switch hotels if not for the conference I am attending.

Shuttle dropped me off at a side entrance all the across the casino from the front desk. No bellmen in that area, so I dragged my luggage across thick carpeting and cobblestones to reach the front desk.

Tried to check in, but no rooms avail. Bellman told me where to go in the public area of hotel for free WIFI while I waited for my room, but when I went to the designated place it was not available.

Offered a handicapped accessible room to expedite room readiness, had to check back three times over a couple hours and then was assigned a different (ready) room Approx 2 hours after arrival. Front desk and concierge have been nearly the only employees with a positive attitude I have encountered here. Otherwise, bad attitude has been rampant. Walking down the hall alongside a room inspector from housekeeping, she told me how tired she was and how much she did not like her job!

My room needs minor maintenance. Mini bar is completely empty. I tried to shut the bathroom door and the knob came off in my hand. Hole in the bathroom wall where something was previously attached. Marks on the bedroom wall that should have been corrected.  Considerable amount of mold in the shower. Desk chair very uncomfortable. Room does not cool down adequately. Alarm clock is completely off, yet makes a loud static noise about every 40 minutes (I unplugged it and am calling maintenance).

Gym closes at 7pm and pool at 6pm, despite LV being a 24 hour city.

Food has been good thus far. However, I tried to go to the popular buffet, but after waiting about 30 minutes it was clear I had another hour to go, so I left for another restaurant.

Staff thus far has generally been jaded and brusque - but I hold out hope for a little more humanity in the hotel and restaurant personnel.

The spa needs a good cleaning and the workout room has some weight lifting and aerobic equipment, but could and should be better appointed for $25 per day.

Over all, not a good experience. There are so many nice and new properties on the strip to choose from. I wish I had made a better choice.

Matt M.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Matt_from_Chicago
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I have stayed in numerous Las Vegas hotels. This was my first (and last) visit to Paris. Desptie a great location and some fine dining options the rooms and service are horrible, and no free wifi $15,00 per day (obscene)
Other options like the Mirage, Treasure Island, the Venetian, , MGM Grand, Aria, Bellagio, and Ceasers are better choices with modern amenities and friendly staffs.
It is worth a few extra dollars to sat anywhere but the Las Vegas Paris hotel.

Room Tip: The ones overlooking the Bellagio
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank brendine
Perth, Ontario
Reviewed 12 April 2011

The check-in clerk wasn't very polite or helpful. We had reserved 2 rooms, both king sized beds, with coffee machines, one non-smoking the other smoking. They said they although we had reserved those rooms they were only available for an additional $40 a night for the king beds and $40 a night for the coffee machine, so $80 a night for what we had already reserved. We were told there reservation system works on the "first come first serve basis". Then after hearing a complaint from a women in line about having to change her non-smoking room twice to get one that didn't have smokers on it. So I asked the clerk "if he was sure the non-smoking room was non-smoking" he answered me with a "why do you care you smoke" shocked at his ignorance I just mumbled something about knowing that my friend in the non-smoking room hated the smell of smoke. The room we hadn't reserved was looking out on to the gravel roof of the lower level of the hotel and the side of another hotel, we just left the blinds closed for the 5 days. Although it was down season (January) and we were honeymooners there was no upgrades or any special extras just the view of the roof. Romantic yeah!! Only good thing I have to say about the hotel is it does have a great location on the strip and the room service food and prices (food) were great. Try the Philly Steak sandwich, delicious, only thing I would return to the Paris for. My husbands mother and cousin are both going to vegas in the next couple months and we told them both NOT TO STAY AT THE PARIS. It was disappointing because it wasn't just our honeymoon it was the first time my husband had ever really traveled and was really looking forward to the kings treatment we were told we would get at the Paris. I have done alot of traveling and told him this is bad business and not typical treatment when you stay at a 5 star hotel. This is 2 star treatment. And the 2 stars are being kind.

Room Tip: U will pay extra for everything thought u reserved
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple