“Great time at Paris”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newmarket, Canada
“Great time at Paris”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have been coming to Vegas for years and have stayed at over a dozen locations including the high end ones such at Wynn, Bellagio, etc. I look for great service, comfortable rooms, excellent Casino and a variety of restaurant choices. We tried Paris this time as we had an offer we couldn't refuse. We arrived at midnight and the valet was wonderful. I asked how long it would take to get the car back the next morning as we had an event to attend and he told me not to worry it would not be an issue. The next day the car was waiting for us right out front. Remember a reasonable tip goes a long way. After that we used self park and it was a breeze and easy to use. Check in was fast. It only took 10 minutes. I asked for a quiet room as I had no need for a strip view and we got exactly what we asked for. Yes the room could use an update however the TV was flat screen, the bed was wonderful and the room was clean and quiet when we needed to finally sleep.We appreciated the empty fridge to store our own drinks. Enjoyed the Casino and were always offered drinks. Ate at several restaurants and staff were all friendly and food was great. I did not find the prices any higher than when I ate at other hotels. Concierge was very helpful. She checked me in for my return flight and printed my boarding passes. We had intended to use the pool but ran out of time. For a reasonable priced hotel with an outstanding location I would return for sure. Have no complaints.

4 Thank kingpin5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,622)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at Paris for 4 nights at the end of September. I tagged along with my husband who had to go for a convention. Overall, I guess I expected more being that this is Las Vegas...and I thought hotels tried to impress people more. I had only been to Las Vegas one other time (15 years ago) and wow...things have changed. No longer do they hand out free play, tickets to shows, etc on the sidewalks. The only thing they hand out now are those (basically) nude-y girl photo cards. And, no longer are there people in the restrooms trying to help you wash your hands and spray perfume, etc. Here's what I thought about Paris:

PROS:
-Excellent location on the strip...basically in the middle. You can walk easily up and down the strip. The monorail is right behind the hotel is you need to go to the convention center.
-We stayed in a Red Room Suite and the suite was very large. We had only 1 king bed, but you could have easily had two rollaways in this room.
- Smaller casino gaming area
-Great buffet for breakfast and in your hotel! (Get the TR rewards card and breakfast is around $17 per a person in the buffet and it was a great way to start the day)
-Very "cute" atmosphere
-Nice size pool with not a lot of rowdy patrons. Music is played at a tolerable level. Pool side service.
-Easy check in.
-Our smoke alarm was chirping (like the battery was running low) one afternoon. We called about it and by the time we got back from dinner (4 hours later) it was fixed. We called about something else one time, and they came right away...very responsive.
-Felt safe

CONS:
- Furniture in the room is not comfortable to sit on. I assume that they do this on purpose so that you will go sit in one of their restaurants or casino chairs and spend more money...but at some people you want to get out of the smoke and relax in a nice chair.
-You have to pay $25 a day to use the gym!!! And it's not a nice gym. So, get up early and exercise outside on the strip.
- The shampoo and conditioner provided is that awful Gilchrist & S brand and it is awful. Takes about 2-3 containers of that shampoo to lather up. Bring your own.
- Smoke in the casino. When will casino start opening a smoke free area, please?!?!?
- The shower itself is rather small.

Overall, there wasn't anything amazing about this hotel....but nothing excessively awful. Not a bad place to go if you are tagging along with your husband on a business trip.

2 Thank jppalooza
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My first stay at Paris...an updated room and a view of the strip facing the Bellagio water show. Low/mid buy in at the tables, even on the weekend - quick servers. I wasn't a huge fan of the eateries. While you are staying, if Jersey Boys is playing - do yourself a favor and go to the show....hands down the best show I've been to in a long time!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SDTravelerGirl
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My wife surprised me booking a weekend in Las Vegas, opting for the Paris to 'make up' for a trip to the real city we had to cancel last minute earlier this year.

We were a bit shell shocked upon arrival after airport and shuttle follies (Avoid the shuttle. cab it.) When asking for directions, one of the security staff, Bryan, was not content to simply point the way and instead escorted us across the casino floor to make sure found our destination. The extra effort on his part was greatly appreciated.

I had some mild concerns about the 'regular' rooms based upon TA reviews. When we arrived we attempted to upgrade to a Red Room, but they were sold out. Casey, the king of check ins, instead offered us an upgrade to a Le Mans Petite Suite for an extra $60 per night.

Oh. Yeah.

While the TV was old, and the walls a bit thin, the room itself was fantastic. A ridiculous amount of space for sitting with a couch and two chairs, sink and mirror for coffee prep, mini fridge, king size bed, closet, and a little desk and mirror. Oh, and the bathroom - shower, hot tub, twin sinks, and separate room with toilet & bidet - was larger than I thought the regular room would be.

Factor in the Renoir (yeah, copy, whatever) hanging on the wall and we felt like royalty.

While staying at the hotel we enjoyed two of the restaurants, a couple of the bars, some time on the slots and every where we went the staff made us feel welcome. At the same point, unlike other casinos, they were not at all aggressive in promoting special services or whatever. I liked not being accosted every 15 feet. When we wanted help, we asked, we got it.

Finally, the casino is pretty much dead in the middle of the strip, making other attractions in either direction readily accessible.

While there are areas for improvement (old tvs, beer selection, sound proofing between rooms), and the casino is showing a little age, the positives of value and way staff treated us made this an overwhelmingly positive experience.

Room Tip: see about upgrade to Red Room or a Petite Suite. The Le Mans Petite was $60/night well spent.
1 Thank perducci
Seven Hills
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This was our second stay at Paris. It surpassed all of our expectations again. Checked in around 12 noon, no line at all, just had to wait about an hour for room. Our luggage was stored and when we got to our room, delivered within minutes from the time we called for it. From the beautiful upgrade (for free) to a mini-suite that included new carpeting, comfortable bed, free safe and mini fridge with a view of the side & back (no street noise). Very quiet. Reasonable rates on the table games. Had a wonderful dinner at Le Provencal restaurant, priced very nicely for the food you get. Beautiful quiet & clean pool and area surrounding. Location in the center of the strip, so you can walk to all the main hotels very easily. Also the walkway inside to Bally's less crowded than walking outside.Very friendly and helpful staff.

6 Thank Jennifer B
The Prairies
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Great to walk through and hang out for gambling, partying, shopping or eating on the ground floor. Public bathrooms not kept clean enough in comparison to other strip locations though. Rooms are very tired. Traveled with several friends so I was in many rooms and for the price point they were all very worn, stained and tired. Good location but if you like a nice room you will get way better value elsewhere.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank purplespud
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We have stayed in Paris Hotel Las Vegas for 3 nights while visiting USA last month. The location of the hotel is right in the middle of the strip of Las Vegas blv. The hotel is luxurious. The casino is the same as the other hotel and not special. They have a nice restaurant on top of the duplicates of original Eiffel tower and you can visit the top exactly like you find in Paris. The room no 802P that we stayed is beautiful with 2 bath rooms (one with jacuzzi and toilet and the other one shower and toilet). The bed is really comfortable with too many pillows that unnecessary. The living room with nice sofa but the TV is still old one not flat TV, but it is not important. The room is clean but the amenities are too simple for the hotel type. I am not sure whether it is normal for hotel in Vegas since it was the my first visit to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: 802P is quieter and non smoking room and near vending machine if you need to buy cheaper cool drinks
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family