“Wonderful location, terrible lack of customer service”
Review of Paris Las Vegas

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #56 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
work
“Wonderful location, terrible lack of customer service”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed at Paris 5 times over the last 2 1/2 years and this is the very first time my review has not been stellar.

Upon check in, we were told our room was not quite ready...since we had arrived very early, before 10:00 a.m., that was understandable. We were asked to check back around noon...so we did...just to be told to check back at 1:00 p.m., which we did and were told to come back later. We ended up getting checked into our room at 4:00 p.m. Too long!

When trying to check in the first time, I gave the person at the check in desk my credit card which is required, even though the room was being comped. Okay, no big deal....or so I thought!

The next morning, we went to the buffet and wanted to get the 24 hour buffet pass and I was told by the person at the register that I had to pay cash. I asked why and she said, " I don't know, maybe your credit card is no good." This was state in a voice that was loud enough for everyone in the lobby to hear. I was mortified!

After eating, I went to the front desk to find out why my credit card was not accepted and it was explained to me that the credit card number was not taken down at the first attempt at check in because there was no room to assign it to.

Perfectly fine explanation, but I was still so humiliated. The front desk clerk immediately took matters into her own hands and called a manager over to talk to me. He apologized and called the buffet to talk to the manager there. He took my name and room number and said he would be in contact with me.

Once pacified, we continued on with our day. That afternoon, we returned to our room and there was a message from the manager of the buffet, again, apologizing and asking me questions about the incident. He asked if we would be returning to the buffet and I said that we would in the morning and he requested that I ask for him when arriving.

The next morning, we walked in, I asked for him, within a few minutes, he appeared with sincere apologies and a refund of the money that we had paid for the buffet pass the day before as well as an additional 24 hour buffet pass for the next day. He also reassured me that he had spoken to the employee and had given her a 3 day unpaid leave.

I am sorry that she was on an unpaid leave, but her lack of customer service and professionalism left the manager no choice.

So, all in all, the trip was wonderful, I won a few bucks, ate wonderful food at a wonderful buffet and will return to Paris again...in fact, our next trip is already scheduled.

Room Tip: Red room on a higher floor eliminates noise from the nightclub.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jillibeanWork
TotalService, Specialist Tiffany at Paris Las Vegas, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay, but certainly apologize for the experience at the buffet. There is no excuse for bad customer service and we are happy to hear that the manager did his best to fix the situation. We would welcome a chance to prove our great customer service skills to you and hope that you will return and let us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,528)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Longboat Key
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Still a great property for its age. Fun and entertaining staff. On site stores and restaurants are above average. Location is perfect for the Harrah's experience. Really a nice place to escape to and hide from the traffic of las vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thank you for your comments! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed 4 nights in a Premier room in the beginning of June. I was given a smoker room at first and I had to walk the long way to the front desk to be able to move to a nonsmoker room. I was never asked about my preference. But then I asked for a room with a nice view and I definitely got it. The number of my room was 2223. I had to pay $40 a day for the upgrade from a Red room but it was totally worth it.
I give this hotel a 4 because of the fantastic view from my room, the location and the breakfast. But even though the room looked clean it had an outdated feeling. You can see that the staff is working hard but everything takes a long time. For example to check in or to get a table for breakfast. The checkout process was on the other hand smooth and quick. It feels like some people in the staff are doing a good job while others are missing the basics. A smile is not too difficult to learn.
By the way, don´t forget a visit to the swimming pool. Where you will feel you really are in the heart of Vegas.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Second stay at Paris Las Vegas. View from our room is breathtaking. Clean rooms, friendly staff and great restaurants! Gordon Ramsey steak and Mon Ami Gabi a must! The casino is small and a bit boring, but everything else amazing! It's a perfect location. Right in the middle of the strip and the Bellagio fountains across the street. Also great value.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and experienced so much of what our hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
California
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Over all experience was excellent and we are planning to come back in December to celebrate my youngest Sons 21 Bday. Hope to get a bigger room for the celebration and to party. Hope u you can help us get a room for this events.

Thank you so much.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you will be staying with us again for your sons birthday. We are thrilled to be a part of the celebration and please ask at check in, based on availability we may be able to help. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A great stay at Paris /Las Vegas. Looking for a romantic getaway!
You will love they place. The restaurants and bars offer everything you need for a weekend romance. The pool is wonderful and a great way to spend a hot day.

Room Tip: The housekeeping staff is GREAT!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

TotalService, Specialist Matt at Paris Las Vegas, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience! We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are delighted you liked our dining variety, wonderful pool, and romantic setting. We hope you will consider staying with us again sometime very soon!
Corona
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Registration was a breeze. If you are a platinum member you have your own line which was short compared to the lengthy line for all others. I had a beautiful room with views of the strip and Bellagio fountains. Also, included was a mini refrigerator and coffee maker. A very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the strip are excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo